Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

celluloid

I just went through that on a DVC night at AK last week. Me and a friend were asked "can we seat you with someone else?" and we said sure. Sure enough we get a wife and her very large husband. I was leaning out of the boat for the entirety of the ride. I was actually smashed into the side of the boat.

And like I said, Moonlight Magic night aka no rush and 5 minute waits. Completely unneeded.

Point of reference, I'm 160lbs and 5 8"-9".

And if they do that, I'm going straight to GS. It was beyond uncomfortable and well into pain territory. I'm fine with being pressed up against someone but once I can't move my arms and legs and am being forced against the edge of a ride vehicle, I'm done.

Also worse because this attraction will have one solid lapbar, which always means there is a chance of someone thinking it is more than a deterrant restraint and needs the security of it touching the knees of the smallest person in the row.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The few sites that dare list a run-time place it around 4-5 mins but I've also seen 10 min duration which is either inaccurate or includes the preshow among other things.

Jones14

The few sites that dare list a run-time place it around 4-5 mins but I've also seen 10 min duration which is either inaccurate or includes the preshow among other things.
I’d imagine that 10 minute number includes the pre-show. In a way, we’re going back to the opening heyday of MGM and Universal, where the queue ends with a walkthrough of some sort before the ride actually starts.

RSoxNo1

Sadly, no, the MK had more high-capacity attractions in 1996 than today, plus little things that absorbed guests here and there (more shows, more theaters) — as well as a longer day parade, Spectromagic, and a fireworks show that didn’t require the hub.
Perhaps entertainment changed it, but from an attraction standpoint I would think we're slightly higher today. 1996 had the Skyway, 20K Leagues Under the Sea, Snow White and because of Tron construction the Railroad.

What did the Skyway do for capacity? I know 20K Leagues and Snow White weren't particularly efficient.

lazyboy97o

Perhaps entertainment changed it, but from an attraction standpoint I would think we're slightly higher today. 1996 had the Skyway, 20K Leagues Under the Sea, Snow White and because of Tron construction the Railroad.

What did the Skyway do for capacity? I know 20K Leagues and Snow White weren't particularly efficient.
1996 also had Alien Encounter, Mike Fink Keel Boats, and Galaxy Palace Theater. Since it was standing room versus fixed seating, Timekeeper would have more capacity than MILF.

Last edited:

disneyC97

And 20,000 Leagues closed in '94 (along with the canoes permanently)...but your point still remains! Add in Diamond Horseshoe was still essentially an attraction with shows throughout the day plus there are multiple shops and food venues now either closed off completely or operating with limited hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom