Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

yoda_5729

I have to say, I am bummed at the loss of the Great Movie Ride. It was a ride that was both educational and entertaining. Could it have used an update, sure, but it was the heart and soul of the park. Now there is not a single attraction left from opening day of the park. :( It had a good run, but just like PUSH or Osborne, it looks like I'll just fondly have to remember it. It's a shame though. :(

As for the new ride, I hope for the best. Mickey unquestionably deserves a ride, but not at the cost of the GMR. I'm not sure this is any different then the other Mickey oriented attractions have been and not simply be something thats cool for a few years. I'm hopeful, but really bummed. As I understand it, the Tron coaster isn't replacing anything, why they couldn't do that, and add the Mickey ride, is beyond me, but it's out of my hands. I do wish I could have ridden it a few more times.

Jones14

It's really a shame this is going into GMR, because I LOVE this concept. It's like a reverse Get a Horse.

I also feel like this style is going to translate well into a "2.5D" environment. Even if you don't care for the art design, those shorts that they're drawing from are pretty damn good, so that gives me hope for a solid ride.

rct247

Of all the additions, this is the one I'm most nervous about because it continues to help define what the new direction and look of the park will be. I am very sad to see GMR go. It will become part of the beloved lost attractions club along with Mr. Toad, Horizons, World of Motion, and Journey into Imagination.

The thing that worries me the most about this attraction is the style and name. The story sounds interesting as do the effects. It will be impressive, but the name doesn't stick in my mind and reminds me too much of our mountains featuring runaway mine cars/trains. The style is jarring to me. I don't think it is a style that will age well and is jarring to half of the population. I'm also curious on the turnaround on this attraction.

Calmg0d

Same.

And when this visual design goes out of style (as this type of gritty, pointe-exaggerated look typically does), they're going to be stuck with a really expensive attraction in a showcase location that is completely dated.

It's Walt Disney World. It's a ride about Mickey Mouse. How on earth did they manage to screw this up?

I couldn't agree more with this statement. I cannot stand the new French Mickey Mouse. Why can't they show classic Mickey, like all other attractions in the parks? I love the old Hollywood feel that used to be all around in HS or MOM. But now it's a morning only stop and go for us on a weekend trip when friends come to town.

tirian

I'm a huge fan of the silly little Mickey shorts Disney have been pumping out these last few years so super excited for this one! :D
I like the new shorts but I'm extremely disappointed they chose to go that way for this ride. Classic Mickey is timeless; this new Mickey is one art style for one show and does not replace the Fred Moore-style Mickey who's been around since the late 30s. (I realize the parks have been using the new style for synergy, but he isn't a complete replacement.)

When the new shorts stop airing, this ride will look just as outdated as something based on the Powerpuff Girls or Johnny Bravo from the early 2000s.

becca_

3 things, 1: I am reaallllly excited about this - finally Mickey getting a ride!!, 2: I do wish this wasn't at TGMRs expense, but what can ya do? and 3: I wish they would have held off until January (taking a first timer, so he won't know a DHS w/ TGMR :()

Otherwise I am hopeful they can pull something amazing off

Fantasmicguy

Of all the additions, this is the one I'm most nervous about because it continues to help define what the new direction and look of the park will be. I am very sad to see GMR go. It will become part of the beloved lost attractions club along with Mr. Toad, Horizons, World of Motion, and Journey into Imagination.

The thing that worries me the most about this attraction is the style and name. The story sounds interesting as do the effects. It will be impressive, but the name doesn't stick in my mind and reminds me too much of our mountains featuring runaway mine cars/trains. The style is jarring to me. I don't think it is a style that will age well and is jarring to half of the population. I'm also curious on the turnaround on this attraction.
In the end it will probably stick because it is the only mickey mouse ride on property.
Edit: the name I mean

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom