Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Antaundra

I'm hoping they can fit Mickeys ride in toontown with the expansion pad and save the more important parts of the land. Mickeys/ Minnie's houses and downtown Toontown including RRCTS. If they could do this what would be HUGE for capacity. With the Mickey ride I'm anticipating REALLY feeling like we ve entered the world of toons for the first time. Something they really couldn't pull off in the early 90s eventhough they did a great job.
That would be amazing. I'd much rather Toon Town remain, anchored by a new ride rather than have it become a Fantasyland expansion anchored by a mini Frozen Land. I think Frozen will eventually get an attraction though and I hope it gets an amazing E ticket and not an alright C ticket. I'd hate for a Frozen attraction to suffer the same fate as the Little Mermaid attraction.

britain

I'm hoping they can fit Mickeys ride in toontown with the expansion pad and save the more important parts of the land. Mickeys/ Minnie's houses and downtown Toontown including RRCTS. If they could do this what would be HUGE for capacity. With the Mickey ride I'm anticipating REALLY feeling like we ve entered the world of toons for the first time. Something they really couldn't pull off in the early 90s eventhough they did a great job.

I suspect that even if RR replaces all of Toontown, some new Meet-n-Greet facility would be incorporated within it. It wouldn't be Mickey's & Minnies homes anymore, but there would still be an opportunity to see them. It's just too easy given that the new attraction is Mickey themed.

mickEblu

That would be amazing. I'd much rather Toon Town remain, anchored by a new ride rather than have it become a Fantasyland expansion anchored by a mini Frozen Land. I think Frozen will eventually get an attraction though and I hope it gets an amazing E ticket and not an alright C ticket. I'd hate for a Frozen attraction to suffer the same fate as the Little Mermaid attraction.

Could you imagine after all these rumors that Toontown not only sticks around but gets expanded? Lol

I agree on Frozen. I'd like the trackless ride Tokyo is getting. Maybe when they finally do something with Autopia. It could take over the Fantasyland side.

mickEblu

I suspect that even if RR replaces all of Toontown, some new Meet-n-Greet facility would be incorporated within it. It wouldn't be Mickey's & Minnies homes anymore, but there would still be an opportunity to see them. It's just too easy given that the new attraction is Mickey themed.

I agree and also mentioned this earlier. I would imagine this is the plan if Mickey and Minnie's homes get bulldozed.

The_Mesh_Hatter

I agree with what others have said... The ride's concept is more appropriate for Toon Town... but I also have always a Toon Town of some form (at least with Roger Rabbit) would be a great mini land to Hollywood Studios. Toon Town is supposedly set in a secret part of LA, so it's perfect for the front of the park. In a perfect world, both rides would form a Toon Town mini land where Muppets and Monsters are.... but alas...

Anyway, I found a spot for it in Toon Town that would be quite nice:

noPmcGF.jpg

The building is big. About the size of Indiana Jones. It takes the place of the backstage rehearsal hall. Disney's shown it's willing to shuffle around backstage buildings. This isn't something that necessarily needs to be in that particular location. Also, it's not a big building. So I hope I've defended my decision well enough. Mickey's House and the treehouse will be affected. The treehouse is in the way of the gift shop exit, so it might need to go. The ride already has an incredible line built for it. Just replace the meet 'n' greet rooms with switchbacks and tack on the ride's station to the end. Then, I just sketched how it could fill the space.

G3acoOJ.jpg

A size comparison

Antaundra

Could you imagine after all these rumors that Toontown not only sticks around but gets expanded? Lol

I agree on Frozen. I'd like the trackless ride Tokyo is getting. Maybe when they finally do something with Autopia. It could take over the Fantasyland side.

I think the Motorboat Lagoon / Autopia is a better location for Frozen than Toon Town is anyway. At this point I'd rather them wait until after Galaxies Edge opens and use the opportunity to completely overhaul Tomorrowland.

The_Mesh_Hatter

Disneyland really needs to expand. And TDA at least knows it, and acts accordingly: Star Wars Land was placed in the location that increased net capacity the greatest out of all the available options. I'm certain they can add the Mickey Ride AND Frozen (near Matterhorn) which would still keep the theatre space open. Temporary flex spaces will always have a role at Dinseyland. It's responsible to set aside land that's relatively continuous and undeveloped.

mickEblu

I think the Motorboat Lagoon / Autopia is a better location for Frozen than Toon Town is anyway. At this point I'd rather them wait until after Galaxies Edge opens and use the opportunity to completely overhaul Tomorrowland.

I agree. With the Matterhorn as an anchor it would work nicely.

mickEblu

Thats too bad, I really like Mickey's Toon Town. It's really charming and RR is a great ride. Now DHS's only unique ride is being cloned so the whole park is rides that guests can do in other parks around the world.

It's funny you say this. I've been wanting to go to WDW for the first time but thought I should postpone it for Mickey/ Tron/ Ratatouille/ and the GOTG Coaster. Now I'm thinking well, Mickey is coming to DLR. I haven't heard the greatest things about Ratatouille. We (kind of) have GOTG here. Am I postponing my trip 4 years for Tron?

Last edited:

Travel Junkie

It's funny you say this. I've been wanting to go to WDW for the first time but thought I should postpone it for Mickey/ Tron/ Ratatouille/ and the GOTF Coaster. Now I'm thinking well, Mickey is coming to DLR. I haven't heard the greatest things about Ratatouille. We (kind of) have GOTG here. Am I postponing my trip 4 years for Tron?

Why not both? In the theme park world if you keep waiting for something to open, by the time it opens they'll announce something else and wait another 4 years. There is plenty to see if you have never been to WDW. Tron was cool, but it's worth postponing a trip that long for. I doubt GOTG will be either.

It gives you a reason to go back anyway.

mickEblu

Why not both? In the theme park world if you keep waiting for something to open, by the time it opens they'll announce something else and wait another 4 years. There is plenty to see if you have never been to WDW. Tron was cool, but it's worth postponing a trip that long for. I doubt GOTG will be either.

It gives you a reason to go back anyway.

I just don't get to travel as often as I'd like and there are so many places I still want to see in the world. I don't think two WDW trips in a relatively short time frame is in the cards. Heck I want to see all the other Disney parks around the world too.

Did you mean to say Tron is NOT worth postponing a trip for? I agree on GOTG. 2022 actually makes more sense for a few reasons. My son will be 7 instead of 2 and the 50th crowds will be gone. Of course I might have another kid by then and also run the risk of them closing the original TOT.

shortstop

They aren’t planning on replicating the GMR facade, are they? Or are we still too far out for this type of detail to have been decided on?

D.Silentu

I haven't seen any site plans, but I was lead to believe the ride is moving out of DCA to DL due to the lack of Eastern Gateway expansion space removing the current bus hub would have provided for DCA.

It's a shame they couldn't find a spacial compromise, while I'm no fan of the new cartoons this sort of ride is the kind that DCA needs more of.

Last edited:

TP2000

Thats too bad, I really like Mickey's Toon Town. It's really charming and RR is a great ride. Now DHS's only unique ride is being cloned so the whole park is rides that guests can do in other parks around the world.

I arrived in Tokyo Disneyland this morning and just rode Roger Rabbit and Pooh back to back while I wait here in the Crystal Palace for my Monsters Inc. Fastpass to mature. Roger hasn’t aged well when you compare it to trackless mega dark rides like Pooh, and Mickey’s Railway (most likely).

I’m fine with losing Roger Rabbit. It’s time, and that franchise is never coming back in any form.

Because I am staying at the Mira Costa, I was allowed in for early entry exactly 15 minutes before official 8am park opening. Fifteen. 15. One Five. Hysterical!

Also, there is Fantasyland construction here in Tokyo and you can see directly out of the park with the ugly Sheraton and Hilton looming over Toontown and Tomorrowland. SoCal bloggers would lose their flippin’ minds over the sightlines here.

mharrington

I'm guessing it takes up Roger and the 5 and dime, possibly all the way over to next to Minnie though they may want to keep some dining options given the draw this ride will have. Make sense to keep the meet and greets if 60%+ of the land is dedicated to Mickey and Minnie with the new ride. Wonder if they re-theme gadget...Barnstormer?

I'd be very disappointed if this took over Toontown entirely. Just the closure of the Roger Rabbit ride (one of my absolute favorites, up there with Big Thunder and Pirates, which are my two top faves) would be disappointing. Granted, it is based on a property relatively past its prime. If they can somehow limit it to the Roger Rabbit area (possibly including the Gag Factory and maybe the Fireworks Factory area (sadly, the funny gags here just don't seem to work anymore)) and just spruce up the rest of Toontown (replace Gadget with another coaster; this park needs a kid's coaster), maybe I won't be too upset. After all, Toontown is allegedly the home of Mickey and Minnie, in both senses of the word, and I hope they retain that conceit somehow. I also hope they keep spots for Donald and Goofy somehow (whole attractions if not rides). Still, the loss of Roger Rabbit would be disappointing to me.

If no expansion pad is used and it takes up Rogers space then I don't see how Mickey and Minnie's homes don't go too.

I'm confused by what you're saying. Also, as I just mentioned, considering that it will probably replace the Roger Rabbit ride space, I have a feeling it will take up SOME backstage space, so I hope that Mickey and Minnie's places are safe, especially since Mickey's house in particular just debuted those cartoons on which this ride is based in the first place.

brb1006

I arrived in Tokyo Disneyland this morning and just rode Roger Rabbit and Pooh back to back while I wait here in the Crystal Palace for my Monsters Inc. Fastpass to mature. Roger hasn’t aged well when you compare it to trackless mega dark rides like Pooh, and Mickey’s Railway (most likely).

I’m fine with losing Roger Rabbit. It’s time, and that franchise is never coming back in any form.

Because I am staying at the Mira Costa, I was allowed in for early entry exactly 15 minutes before official 8am park opening. Fifteen. 15. One Five. Hysterical!

Also, there is Fantasyland construction here in Tokyo and you can see directly out of the park with the ugly Sheraton and Hilton looming over Toontown and Tomorrowland. SoCal bloggers would lose their flippin’ minds over the sightlines here.
Don't miss Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights while your there. Especially now that it got an update.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom