Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not sure. I'm sure someone can deduce the Florida showbuilding size from Google Maps with fancy schmancy technology

Pretty much 2 Acres exactly.

upload_2017-10-27_15-33-3.png

@marni1971 has said that 5-10% of the old ride will be left unutilized.
It'll leave currently about 5-10-% of unused space.

There will also be a transition from unload to load there isn't currently plus separate load for those who are mobility impaired.

So, let's say 1.85 acres.

So, what does that look like plopped down near Toontown?...

upload_2017-10-27_15-33-43.png

Last edited:

mickEblu

View attachment 240309

View attachment 240310

I think they find a way to keep Mickey and Minnie's homes unless they somehow integrate a Meet and great with the new ride. They should pay homage to whatever attractions get bulldozed for this one in some of the scenes.

Last edited:

BrianLo

When did this move from DCA then?

If it was going in DCA, where in DCA would it have gone?

I assume the whole Eastern gateway and subsequent bus area that would have been enveloped into DCA has changed around projects. I had also always thought Mickey would be in the Hollywood backlot area. Perhaps even just straight up taking the Chinese theatre facade with it.

mickEblu

View attachment 240309

View attachment 240310

Looking at This nice overview, where you placed the building seems to make the most logical sense when you consider the flow of the land and keeping Capacity up with preserving RRCTS. If no expansion pad is used and it takes up Rogers space then I don't see how Mickey and Minnie's homes don't go too. Basically, if this is a clone and no expansion pad space and/ or backstage space are used then it will take up all of Toontown. (Assuming the size of your building is correct) I don't see that happening.

Last edited:

britain

I assume the whole Eastern gateway and subsequent bus area that would have been enveloped into DCA has changed around projects. I had also always thought Mickey would be in the Hollywood backlot area. Perhaps even just straight up taking the Chinese theatre facade with it.

But, but, but... IN California!?

bluerhythym

Not Toontown :( The execution was never great, but I still think the concept is sound. The inside of Car Toon Spin shows the concept's full potential. If this Mickey project would get rid of all of Toontown, I'd much rather see it go in the backlot, if only to save Hollywood Land. Marvel's got enough space with A Bug's Land and the corner expansion zone.

In a REALLY perfect world, RRCTS gets moved to the Hollywood backlot and they retheme the area to match the time period. We get the ink n Paint club and a rerouted trolley. Also in this really perfect world, TOT would still be there but would have received some of the enhancements that MB got. (Different ride profiles including randomized drop sequences)

This is my dream. Although I'd much rather see them improve on the Car Toon Spin concept, an Indy-style Roger Rabbit ride that takes place mostly in Hollywood and climaxes in Toon Town would be wonderful. Oh the possibilities. Instead we'll probably get video screens of Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Hemsworth.

mickEblu

Here's 1.85 acres plopped down in that area...

View attachment 240327
Not Toontown :( The execution was never great, but I still think the concept is sound. The inside of Car Toon Spin shows the concept's full potential. If this Mickey project would get rid of all of Toontown, I'd much rather see it go in the backlot, if only to save Hollywood Land. Marvel's got enough space with A Bug's Land and the corner expansion zone.

This is my dream. Although I'd much rather see them improve on the Car Toon Spin concept, an Indy-style Roger Rabbit ride that takes place mostly in Hollywood and climaxes in Toon Town would be wonderful. Oh the possibilities. Instead we'll probably get video screens of Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Hemsworth.

I'm hoping they can fit Mickeys ride in toontown with the expansion pad and save the more important parts of the land. Mickeys/ Minnie's houses and downtown Toontown including RRCTS. If they could do this what would be HUGE for capacity. With the Mickey ride I'm anticipating REALLY feeling like we ve entered the world of toons for the first time. Something they really couldn't pull off in the early 90s eventhough they did a great job.

Travel Junkie

TDS will still get its Frozen port eventually. Frozen is just too popular there to ignore it.

Frankly I'm blown away that a Frozen expansion isn't ready for SDL. The response there to anything Elsa is nothing short of rabid.

It’s more mind boggling what the heck is taking so long. Last we heard TDS was 2026, which is obscene.

Someone should write a book about the mismanagement of the Frozen brand in the parks worldwide. It's astonishing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom