Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

rioriz

We rode it about 5 times and I was good. My issue with Everest is there's no flow. The ride is constantly stopping and starting due to the slow switch tracks. That, and the Yeti at the end is too difficult to see in the current lighting. It's a better coaster than Matterhorn, but Matterhorn is a much better ride experience in terms of pacing and yeti implementation.

I have a layover in Orlando this August. I might try and see if I can pop over to AK to experience FOP or Dinosaur in the early morning.
I rode it 5 times straight many times and I can't help to Agree. My fav. ride in the park but damn that hold up b4 the big drop can be anti climatic. However I give them props for running so many trains at one time

Jones14

Doesn't look very impressive to me either but it sounds like people that ride it seem to appreciate the movement in that scene.
It’s just fun. The whole ride up to that point is one death-defying event after the other, so to pull into a dance class after all that is absurd (in a good way). Plus, Daisy is the best looking animatronic, and the conga movement tosses you around a surprising amount.

I’d be sad to see it go from Disneyland’s version. It’s not the most ambitious part of the ride, but it’s charming.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
View attachment 567558View attachment 567560

Totally forgot I could’ve used the boat to get better pictures.

I don’t think much more is going to be stripped away from the buildings. And it looks like City Hall is staying.
Yeah, that's the Five and Dime entrance that they demolished. I would have bet money on the entrance being at City Hall, but I guess I would have lost that bet.

mharrington

I suspect it'll become the new exit gift shop from MMRR.
It probably will. My guess is you will enter in what used to be the Five and Dime and exit out through what used to be the Gag Factory.

Actually, I just thought of something: given (if the concept art is an indication) that the queue will be full of objects from the classic cartoons (kind of like movie props)...
hsjguygw4iu2872-1024x576.jpg

...is it possible that the exit store could be similar, if not identical, to the Gag Factory? In this case, however, it would not be gags, but just props. Maybe it could be called the Prop Warehouse or something?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It probably will. My guess is you will enter in what used to be the Five and Dime and exit out through what used to be the Gag Factory.

Actually, I just thought of something: given (if the concept art is an indication) that the queue will be full of objects from the classic cartoons (kind of like movie props)...
hsjguygw4iu2872-1024x576.jpg

...is it possible that the exit store could be similar, if not identical, to the Gag Factory? In this case, however, it would not be gags, but just props. Maybe it could be called the Prop Warehouse or something?
That is one possibility. It'll be interesting to see it all come together.

mharrington

The current state of the Five and Dime and The Gag Factory for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway.

Looks like it's definitely going in where the Five and Dime once stood. I wonder if that tiny strip of skyline facade is being spared. Or have they just not gotten rid of that yet?

Again, I have a feeling that the Gag Factory (what's left of it) will be the new store at the exit. Like I said, it could extend the prop concept in the queue. It looks like the main building will be spared, just with a new entrance to the store.

mharrington

It also looks like the neighboring Toontown Skool and Laugh-O-Gram Films facade buildings are scrapped as well. That's a shame, as I believe the Laugh-O-Gram Films window is the only one in the entire park that refers to Walt Disney: "W.E. Disney, Directing Animator".

DisneyLostBoy03

It also looks like the neighboring Toontown Skool and Laugh-O-Gram Films facade buildings are scrapped as well. That's a shame, as I believe the Laugh-O-Gram Films window is the only one in the entire park that refers to Walt Disney: "W.E. Disney, Directing Animator".
It was unfortunately. Hopefully with the new El Capitoon facade they can make a new Walt tribute on it. It would be a good fit since it is a movie theatre.

mharrington

It was unfortunately. Hopefully with the new El Capitoon facade they can make a new Walt tribute on it. It would be a good fit since it is a movie theatre.

And like I said, if the concept art of the queue is an indication, that could carry over into the new store replacing the Gag Factory. Maybe call it the Prop Warehouse or something.

mharrington

I had previously thought of what if they had brought the ride to Tokyo. Everyone agreed that it would be extremely difficult (indeed, almost impossible) to do so, given that their Toontown is pretty much hemmed in on all sides. From a view on Google Maps, I realize that it is almost impossible to do that ride in Tokyo (at least in Toontown; maybe they could do it at DisneySea (maybe at the American Waterfront, I don't know)). The layout there is also mixed up differently than Disneyland's:
tokyo toontown.jpg

The entrance to the Five and Dime in Tokyo would never work here, given that that building off to the right is for the Pooh ride there. I also think that that strip of road there may be used for parades, especially that wall up there across the path casting a shadow, which must be a gate of some kind.

So it would be a shame that Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway would not be able to work in Tokyo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom