Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

waltography

Exactly. Complete waste of the tracklesss vehicles to just move along one side of the tornado.
I’d rather they nix the tornado entirely for a room-wide projection effect (like in Mystic Manor), or use the tornado form as a surface to project a moving tornado animation. May as well considering how most of the ride is projection-based anyway, and it’d look much nicer than what they have in the WDW version.

Professortango1

Ok sure. But Animal Kingdom has... um.... animals. I think to compare AK with other parks is unfair. It isn't a typical theme park, it's a zoo with some rides.
If it had more animal exhibits, I'd agree. When I went there a few years back, we were done by noon. Granted, Dinosaur was closed and a few things on the trails were being refurbished, making a half day part seem even lesser. Gorgeous park, but eventually got tired of waiting for the nighttime show and left around 6 because we were tired of just doing the same things over and over.

Professortango1

I'm excited to see AK now that it has Pandora. Its certainly the most beautiful of American parks, but I felt like there were only lands two explore when I was there last, Asia and Africa. It also hurts that I think Kali is one of the worst river rapid rides and Everest isn't repeatable enough for me.

Epcot also has little to do in World Showcase, but I do find that I can spend 2 days exploring that park since its essentially two parks built as one. A sharp contrast to MK being a half day park for us and DHS being a park we did in a few hours.

Stevek

AK crew signing in. I too can spend a full day in AK just wandering around and enjoying every aspect of it. Last visit was my first experience with Avatar... and I just enjoyed the sunset in Avatarland as the lighting came alive.
We've had no problem doing a full day. It's been a while though so we will see how it goes on our December trip.

Professortango1

When I went last July I rode Everest 7 times that day and didn't get tired of it. I agree that I easily enjoyed the entire day at AK.

We rode it about 5 times and I was good. My issue with Everest is there's no flow. The ride is constantly stopping and starting due to the slow switch tracks. That, and the Yeti at the end is too difficult to see in the current lighting. It's a better coaster than Matterhorn, but Matterhorn is a much better ride experience in terms of pacing and yeti implementation.

I have a layover in Orlando this August. I might try and see if I can pop over to AK to experience FOP or Dinosaur in the early morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom