Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Animaniac93-98

This is both funny and sad at the same time.

AK had 9 rides, but they recently closed Primeval Whirl for good. Not a huge loss in and of itself but for a park with so little to begin with...

EPCOT and DHS right now have less than 10 rides each too. The WDW theme park experience outside of MK is paying $100+ to go on a handful of rides worth doing and then buying $15 watered-down alcoholic drinks. It's why I basically only go to MK now.

No Name

On Animal Kingdom’s opening day it had the same number of rides as Toontown.

AK had 9 rides, but they recently closed Primeval Whirl for good. Not a huge loss in and of itself but for a park with so little to begin with...
I thought it was seasonal. It’s still just sitting there right?

PiratesMansion

EPCOT and DHS right now have less than 10 rides each too. The WDW theme park experience outside of MK is paying $100+ to go on a handful of rides worth doing and then buying $15 watered-down alcoholic drinks. It's why I basically only go to MK now.
Yet somehow Epcot and DAK are less frustrating to experience than MK even so (DHS too in the past; certainly not true now), unless your ideal MK day consists solely of TSI and theater attractions).

No wonder so many people go to WDW and don't even bother with the parks, or so many people start to prioritize non-park things over time!

Little Green Men

Yet somehow Epcot and DAK are less frustrating to experience than MK even so (DHS too in the past; certainly not true now), unless your ideal MK day consists solely of TSI and theater attractions).

No wonder so many people go to WDW and don't even bother with the parks, or so many people start to prioritize non-park things over time!
I had no problem doing Atleast ten rides in a day at MK a few weeks ago

Little Green Men

There’s also resorts, shows, exhibits, Animal trails at DAK, cultural exhibits at Epcot, films

PiratesMansion

I had no problem doing Atleast ten rides in a day at MK a few weeks ago
Well, it's also a lot easier right now because there isn't FP+ mucking everything up at the moment.

A few years ago it was stunning to watch just how fast the lines started moving during an evening EMH from the moment the park closed and there were no more FP+ guests. The lines started to move the way they were designed to move. For me, FP+ specifically is a misery.

Its absence actually a wonderful perk of visiting WDW right this moment, and one reason that part of me would dearly love to visit before FP+ returns.

PiratesMansion

I bought a one-day, one-park ticket for MK months ago and I can't wait to spend time doing all the "boring" stuff like Tom Sawyer Island, Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, Tiki Room, Small World, the Riverboat etc. :)
Not to take anything away from those, but when the waits for Pirates and Mansion, among other things, are routinely around double the wait of their Californian or Tokyo counterparts, it gets real old after awhile! Admittedly, again, better at the moment since FP+ is dead for now.

Small World also has FP+ so it's not quite the same as the others on your list.

mickEblu

Update. I was told by a lovely gentleman that will be working on the project that (ours) California will indeed have an additional scene that couldn't be shoehorned in to the existing building for FL.

I remember reading a rumor that the additional scene would be between Daisys studio and the warehouse. Hope they also improve upon some of the lackluster looking scenes as well. The tornado comes to mind. That could easily be plussed with projections. The rain storm on Winnie the Pooh looks better.

mickEblu

That's what my friend that works the FL version thinks. It makes sense. That scene (warehouse) happens so quickly that by the time most vehicles go through the show is done.
And I would hope they add more in that scene. Maybe swirl around the tornado and not just stay to one side before going into the next scene

Exactly. Complete waste of the tracklesss vehicles to just move along one side of the tornado.

Stevek

I remember reading a rumor that the additional scene would be between Daisys studio and the warehouse. Hope they also improve upon some of the lackluster looking scenes as well. The tornado comes to mind. That could easily be plussed with projections. The rain storm on Winnie the Pooh looks better.
I haven't ridden it in person (will in December), but the only scene that really didn't work for me was Daisy's studio. I'd be happy if it was replaced altogether.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom