Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

mharrington

Have you never seen a McDonald’s torn down to be replaced by a McDonald’s? Something being torn down is not necessarily an indicator that it’s replacement will have a different program.

But that space that's being torn apart looks way too small to be the entrance to the ride or even the exit.

George Lucas on a Bench

Same people complaining about snowflakes offended over an attraction based off Song of the South clutch their pearls when they see some construction being done.

This seems unnecessarily antagonistic and so unrelated to a backhoe destroying structures in the park. I remember when this forum had very little of this sort of thing. Sadly, it seems it will never go back to the way it was.

lazyboy97o

Yes, but that space being cleared looks much less than 20 feet. What's more, it seems pretty out of the way. I would think they would want it more prominent than that.
Look at an aerial and compare it to the road between Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin and “it’s a small world”. It’s at least 20’ and they’re not necessarily done with the demo.

mharrington

Look at an aerial and compare it to the road between Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin and “it’s a small world”. It’s at least 20’ and they’re not necessarily done with the demo.
No, I don't think they are done. Like I said, I have a feeling that more of the surrounding area will be scrapped before all is said and done. They're going to need all the space they can get, methinks, and I'm sure that will include City Hall.

Sharon&Susan

Are they getting rid of the eateries, too (i.e., Daisy's Diner, Pluto's Dog House, Clarabelle's Frozen Yogurt)?
Walls end just before the point of those restaurants. They are all closed now, but that's just normal for a lot of restaurants at Disneyland right now.
No, I don't think they are done. Like I said, I have a feeling that more of the surrounding area will be scrapped before all is said and done. They're going to need all the space they can get, methinks, and I'm sure that will include City Hall.
They're repainting inside the hallways of the Toontown Center Island right now, so I doubt those are going.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

1624682192253.png

I HOPE THEY RESTORE TOONTOWN TO ITS FORMER GLORY AGAIN.

mharrington

Someone I follow on Twitter posted that construction has stopped today. Most likely due to the video that circulated around. They crews were told not to continue for now.

I agree. I think city hall will be the grand entrance.

So they're just going to abandon that torn-up structure in full view of guests? They need to at least cover it over.

mharrington

I mean they're doing the same in Epcot with their construction.
But they've reopened everything. If they're going to open the ride in 2023, then they need to get a move-on and stop stalling on construction. If they're going at a glacial pace, they should at least cover over the torn-out spot with a tarp or something. It's really bad show to just leave it exposed like that.

Sharon&Susan

But they've reopened everything. If they're going to open the ride in 2023, then they need to get a move-on and stop stalling on construction. If they're going at a glacial pace, they should at least cover over the torn-out spot with a tarp or something. It's really bad show to just leave it exposed like that.
At least as of yesterday afternoon, it sounded like they were working inside or just behind the Five & Dime building.

mharrington

Epcot still has construction going on in the center where innoventions we're if I am not mistaken.

They might not have a lot of time to do so. If they have to follow OC guidelines for noise pollution they can only work from 7am to 8 pm. Parks are unofficially opening at 8 now. So it gives them about an hour if they do continue. Unless they get permission after hours.

OR they just keep toon
town closed for a few hours each morning to continue some work.
The way it was mentioned makes it seem as though they can't even do it for an hour, that they've stopped construction completely with no way to move forward. Also, I thought they opened Toontown a little later (around 10 or so) and closed a little earlier anyway. At least they did when they did fireworks. They're not doing fireworks right now, but they will return next month.

As for Epcot, I had read that the spot where Innoventions once stood was going to be the home of the Moana exhibit, which I was told by DSNY Newscast would be opening in 2022, so again, they need to quit stalling and get moving. DSNY Newscast didn't specify an exact timeframe for when it would be opening, but I would assume that they don't want it to open too late in the year.

Sharon&Susan

The way it was mentioned makes it seem as though they can't even do it for an hour, that they've stopped construction completely with no way to move forward. Also, I thought they opened Toontown a little later (around 10 or so) and closed a little earlier anyway. At least they did when they did fireworks. They're not doing fireworks right now, but they will return next month.

As for Epcot, I had read that the spot where Innoventions once stood was going to be the home of the Moana exhibit, which I was told by DSNY Newscast would be opening in 2022, so again, they need to quit stalling and get moving. DSNY Newscast didn't specify an exact timeframe for when it would be opening, but I would assume that they don't want it to open too late in the year.
Just because they're waiting to demolish City Hall, doesn't mean that there isn't any work being done.

Nland316

This may sound a bit naive, but why exactly will this project not debut until 2023? It seems relatively far enough along to be late 2022. Especially since it is a clone.

No Name

This may sound a bit naive, but why exactly will this project not debut until 2023? It seems relatively far enough along to be late 2022. Especially since it is a clone.
2023 will be 100 years since Walt moved to CA so that’s a nice marketing opportunity they may or may not take. And with nothing else new being built right now they may want to spread things out. Just a couple possible reasons that come to mind.

Nland316

Due to the pandemic they had no clue when construction would start up again and to play it safe decided 2023. Now could they possibly have it ready sooner? Maybe. Rumor mill is that now they have more time they slowed down the construction process to spread out time since they have already locked in a new date.
I was aware of the pandemic’s effects, just was unsure because of the rapid looking pace on recent construction images. It definitely looks like it could be late 2022 if they really wanted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom