Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

mharrington

Let's keep talking about Donald's Boat because this is the DLR forum and no one tells us what to do. I say put a water attraction around Donald's Boat. Maybe fun fountains, a bumper boat ride, or aquatopia. Something fun,

There is no room for a bumper boat ride or Aquatopia, as they both would require even larger space than the Twist 'n' Splash. As for fun fountains, those may be problematic as well, because of the likelihood of kids slipping and falling or worse. Look at what happened to the fountains in Tomorrowland. They are pretty much gone now; only the globe on the cushion of water remains there. For Donald's Boat, all the remnants of its history would still be in place, even if there were fountains placed there.

And really, because the idea of improving Donald's Boat is basically armchair Imagineering, it should really go in the Imagineering thread area. If you want to continue the discussion, fine, but really, it should continue over there. As I have said before, I have actually posted a thread just for that, if you're interested: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/donalds-boat-overhaul-in-mickeys-toontown.958145/.

Another reason why I put it up, and why I want to get this thread back on topic, was because of some remarks posted earlier, including one from @Kram Sacul:

So this thread turned into a train wreck. Predictable.

And another from @NateD1226:

I leave for a week and this whole thread went off the rails. But didn't we expect this?

That comment was followed by a GIF of Oprah Winfrey shrugging. So I want to put an end to that and get this back on topic.

brb1006

Exactly. There is a picture on the wall of the Go Coaster of Gadget but it doesn't say who she is. Rescue Rangers and Tale Spin need to be revamped just like Duck Tales. Also bring back Dark Wing Duck! That one episode of Duck Tales where they make a Dark Wing Duck movie was priceless.

3439810021_7570a9fcbc_o-58f7b2a05f9b581d5966fae8.jpg
Actually the characters from Rescue Rangers, Gummi Bears, and Tail Spin are set to appear in Season 3 of Ducktales. They even released this poster for Season 3 showing the characters from Comic Con 2019.
sDO9vhG.jpg

Salted Nut Roll

Actually the characters from Rescue Rangers, Gummi Bears, and Tail Spin are set to appear in Season 3 of Ducktales. They even released this poster for Season 3 showing the characters from Comic Con 2019.
sDO9vhG.jpg

Exactly. We're currently entering a Disney Afternoon renaissance, so these characters are about to become relevant once again. (A fact about which I'm both excited and concerned. I'm loving new Duck tales, but it definitely has its "clunker" episodes, and I hope they don't mess up my childhood too badly!)
In light of this, I don't think we'll see the removal of Gadget's Go-Coaster anytime soon. If anything, they may update it slightly, but I don't see them doing anything significant to any of the rides until they know the revival of all of the Disney Afternoon characters is well and truly successful.
I do agree that Toon Town needs some help. I actually really like the area and love the theming, but there's not a lot to actually DO there, even for the little ones. Having something interactive in Chip and Dale's treehouse would be cool. I always thought it should be themed as a "Ranger Station," with a slide and things to do inside, but that may be just me :p

I love the idea of doing something with Donald's boat, even something small like making it something you can walk through and interact with. There's honestly so much potential with that area that could be tapped.

mharrington

In light of this, I don't think we'll see the removal of Gadget's Go-Coaster anytime soon. If anything, they may update it slightly, but I don't see them doing anything significant to any of the rides until they know the revival of all of the Disney Afternoon characters is well and truly successful.

I never asked for the removal of the roller coaster, only for a retheme of it into something that won't become too dated too fast.

I think on that image above, the characters may just appear in only one, maybe two episodes per.

Sharon&Susan

Most of it was deleted (it lasted about 5-6 pages), but you can still see some traces of it on the first page of the thread.

Old Mouseketeer

Most of it was deleted (it lasted about 5-6 pages), but you can still see some traces of it on the first page of the thread.

Well yeah, it was a bust. It was a cheap corporate promotion that was made worse by the bad rollout of SW:GE. Twice the corporate incompetence for twice the fun! Hopefully two more nails in Chapek's coffin.

mharrington

Maybe they can replace Donald's boat with DCA's SS Rustworthy? Bring back the McDonalds sponsorship too.

rustworthy_entrance2001tm.jpg

I've tried to look for pictures of that thing, but it seems that the only ones I could find are from Yesterland, where that picture came from. What I would like to find is a shot of the complete boat, before it was severed in two ahead of its closure for the big DCA overhaul at that time. Videos of it on YouTube are hard to come by, too.

Also, given that Tokyo Disneyland has a near copy of Disneyland's Toontown, is it too much to expect that a copy of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will find its way to that park, too?

Old Mouseketeer

I've tried to look for pictures of that thing, but it seems that the only ones I could find are from Yesterland, where that picture came from. What I would like to find is a shot of the complete boat, before it was severed in two ahead of its closure for the big DCA overhaul at that time. Videos of it on YouTube are hard to come by, too.

Also, given that Tokyo Disneyland has a near copy of Disneyland's Toontown, is it too much to expect that a copy of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will find its way to that park, too?
I think it depends on two things. The first is whether OLC wants it. The second is whether it will fit. I'm not entirely clear on where the weird expansion for TDS will go, but I think it might take over any expansion to TDL's Toontown. There are probably people around here who know more about it.

mharrington

And also, I'm not entirely sure if it's still on the table at this point (maybe it is, maybe it isn't), but wasn't there a rumor some time ago about creating a small Toontown-like area in Disneyland Paris somewhere (likely between their Small World and their Star Tours) so that that park could have Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway as well?

Disneylover152

Tokyo will not be able to get Runaway Railway in their Toontown for one reason only, Toontown is landlocked now. Toontown is bordered by the Beauty and the Beast expansion to the north & west, Pooh's Hunny Hunt to the east, and Tokyo Disney Sea to the south. Toontown is bordered by arguably the resorts best rides. I cannot see them taking any of those away for Runaway Railway. Unless, their is an expansion pad left in Fantasy Springs bordering Toontown as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom