Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

mickEblu

D23 I expect will be focused on Marvel Land and further updates on WDW 50th and the changes coming to the overseas parks.

Though there might be one or two other surprises (no inside info just a gut feeling) for DLR.

You can almost spin this announcement like they HAVE to have more to announce for DLR. Otherwise, why would they waste this announcement on a blog post in April? Unless Toontown needs to close down soon for some reason.

fravit

Just trying to figure what the solution is for the Avengers coaster at DCA. Technically we would just be taking the ride system. Like another RSR/ Test Track situation.
I mean, yeah. We already have a Guardians ride. I doubt very much they'd straight up clone the Epcot Guardians coaster without retheming it.

Last edited:

Donaldfan1934

I have somewhat mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I’m not sure how flash animated Disney Channel Mickey will mesh with the 1940’s style of the rest of the land. On the other, I’m happy with anything that keeps Mickey’s Toontown off the chopping block without replacing anything of importance in the existing area. So, if I had to pick one way to lean, I guess the positives outweigh the potential negatives that may come with the area remaining stagnant.

mickEblu

Here’s my DLR predictions for D23...

1. We get full details on Marvel Land phase 1, including the Spider-Man attraction. Mayyyyybbbee some hints on phase 2

2. New daytime parade at DL

3. More details on MMRR

4. Some sort of update on ROTR

Dark horses: Eastern Gateway, Hollywood backlot plans and DTD plans. FL expansion news will probably be at 2021 expo

Prayers: Coco dark ride for Pixar Pier

Last edited:

fravit

Now, I'd really love to see Fantasyland Theatre become a show building for a properly sized Philharmagic, and have the entrance inside Toon Town, replacing Goofy/Donald houses and punching a hole under the train track. Then punch another hole between Toon Town and Galaxy's Edge (replacing the tree house) for traffic purposes. That would really give the land a shot in the arm.

Oh well...

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What’s the capacity like on that GOTG coaster? Maybe they clone that, give us some Avengers show scenes instead and call it a day.

I haven't honestly followed the specifics of the GotG coaster with regards to capacity. Maybe one of the WDW insiders can provide that info. But yeah I expect it'll be a clone of that ride system.

You can almost spin this announcement like they HAVE to have more to announce for DLR. Otherwise, why would they waste this announcement on a blog post in April? Unless Toontown needs to close down soon for some reason.
Parts of TT would have to close eventually I would assume, don't know if that'll happen before D23 or not. But I expect at least Gag Factory closes sometime this year. So that might be the reason for announcing it now instead of in August.

fravit

1. We get full details on Marvel Land phase 1, including the Spider-Man attraction. Mayyyyybbbee some hints on phase 2
I think if we get any news on Phase 2 at all, it'll be a vague corporate announcement along the lines of "And stay tuned for phase 2, where you'll join the Avengers on an exciting adventure with Avengers on an adventure!" and that's about it.

SuddenStorm

2. New daytime parade at DL

3. More details on MMRR

4. Some sort of update on ROTR

Dark horses: Eastern Gateway, Hollywood backlot plans and DTD plans

Prayers: Coco dark ride for Pixar Pier

In the "not gonna happen but I can dream" category I'd add: A Tomorrowland refresh to bring it closer to the retro style future (similar to Tomorrowland '67) with a Buzz rebuild/refresh, a Star Tours replacement, a Peoplemover rebuild, a Rocket Jets update in it's proper location, and rebuilding the original Journey Into Imagination using modern technology where the Carousel Theater is. If you can't tell, I don't really trust modern Imagineering to come up with original concepts that fit naturally inside Disneyland.

SuddenStorm

I think if we get any news on Phase 2 at all, it'll be a vague corporate announcement along the lines of "And stay tuned for phase 2, where you'll join the Avengers on an exciting adventure with Avengers on an adventure!" and that's about it.

"And stay tuned for Phase 2.... that we can promise is coming but have no idea what it's going to include yet"

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Now, I'd really love to see Fantasyland Theatre become a show building for a properly sized Philharmagic, and have the entrance inside Toon Town, replacing Goofy/Donald houses and punching a hole under the train track. Then punch another hole between Toon Town and Galaxy's Edge (replacing the tree house) for traffic purposes. That would really give the land a shot in the arm.

Oh well...
Sorry doubt that'll happen especially since the RR was just down for a whole year so they could reroute parts of the track in that area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom