Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

waltography

So you don’t have to be in the park to get in the virtual queue?
For the 7am distribution, you don't have to be in the park; you just need a valid ticket/reservation for that date with Disneyland as your starting park. For the 1pm distribution, you need to have walked into Disneyland or DCA.

mickEblu

The other site is reporting that as expected, M&MRR will close in the evening during the Fireworks.

The ride would remain closed if park closes at 10pm, would reopen if parks open 11pm or later.

Lol wow here we were racking our brains to figure out how they would keep it open. Although many of us, myself included, also did point out that Disneyland would be fine losing MMRR for a couple hours a night.

Disney Analyst

Lol wow here we were racking our brains to figure out how they would keep it open. Although many of us, myself included, also did point out that Disneyland would be fine losing MMRR for a couple hours a night.

The real question is how early would it close to ensure ToonTown is cleared, and if park is open past 11PM, would just M&MRR reopen, or the whole of ToonTown, Roger Rabbit, etc?

This will be a fun experiment to watch, as we are used to ToonTown closing early.

mickEblu

The real question is how early would it close to ensure ToonTown is cleared, and if park is open past 11PM, would just M&MRR reopen, or the whole of ToonTown, Roger Rabbit, etc?

This will be a fun experiment to watch, as we are used to ToonTown closing early.

I think for sure Roger and the coaster reopen with MMRR after fireworks. Not so sure about the houses. If you think about it, it’s better than ROTR that closes for good at 8pm every night.

As far as how early it would have to close I’m guessing two hours before fireworks? Enough time to get people out of the lane and also cycle through the people in the MMRR queue.

wtyy21

Given that MMRR is E-Ticket attractions that widely anticipated, i expected guests who entered the ride after 8pm to be mad just because of nightly closing due to fireworks (particularly in peak days/summer) due to high demand of the attraction.

Will be interesting to see how guest would react when the MMRR close at 8pm at the official opening day.

Disney Analyst

Given that MMRR is E-Ticket attractions that widely anticipated, i expected guests who entered the ride after 8pm to be mad just because of nightly closing due to fireworks (particularly in peak days/summer) due to high demand of the attraction.

Will be interesting to see how guest would react when the MMRR close at 8pm at the official opening day.

Luckily park is open until Midnight on the 27th, and during the summer in most cases, so the ride will reopen after the Fireworks.

gerarar

Premium Member
Good thing fireworks are cancelled majority* of the days so MMRR won't have to close!

*This is an exaggeration, but I saw too many posts than usual this past holiday about cancelled fireworks and F! due to wind and weather..

SuddenStorm

Good thing fireworks are cancelled majority* of the days so MMRR won't have to close!

*This is an exaggeration, but I saw too many posts than usual this past holiday about cancelled fireworks and F! due to wind and weather..

The problem is, oftentimes fireworks are not cancelled until the last minute- so they'd still have to clear Toontown of guests even if they're cancelled.

SuddenStorm

Disney's been closing Rise of the Resistance early and opening it late for years now- and I never see anyone complain. The precedent is there for Disney to have a major new E ticket close early and it looks like guests just tolerate it- so unless Disney fans start raising hell at City Hall I doubt finding ways to operate MMRR longer is a priority.

Rich T

Or... put all of ToonTown in a big box!
Or… Y’know, I wouldn’t be surprised if there are some Disney suits who really hate the fact that all these expensive fireworks can be seen and heard by people who haven’t paid extra. Disney could switch to VIRTUAL fireworks that can only be seen and heard by guests who pay $300 each to rent magical enchanted mouse-ear-adorned AR goggles.

”Good evening, everybody! It’s almost time for Magical Dream Wish Enchantment in the Sky!

Would all the “HAVES” please don your Pixiegogs and make your way to your place of honor in the Central Hub!

All “HAVE-NOTS,”… Please exit the park. Special merchandise trucks are arranged in the Esplanade for your shopping convenience.”

Rich T

Agree. Shutdowns don’t cost them anything, and actually increase the odds that pass holders who miss out will quickly return and spend more money on food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom