Mickey’s Philharmagic lines

Langdonj

Original Poster
Mickey’s Philharmagic had been a walk on for a long time. My recent trip found long lines out the door, and today I saw that May 18 fast passes ran out today before Mine Train, Soarin’, Test Track, or Frozen. Has something changed? Is there a new Movie in Philharmagic? Any ideas?

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
This is crazy that it is like this for the show.

It sucks that we got too sick to do go to Magic Kingdom. Just thinking about it makes my blood boil. My girls are sad.

Kman101

I liked it better about 10 years ago when Philharmagic was the unknown little gem that nobody went to see.

We weren't crammed in like cattle before the show and all of the scent and water effects worked well.

(Note: I checked back on the previous comments and nobody mentioned this yet so I should be okay)

I also enjoyed when Small World wasn't 50 minutes ....

But to be fair, it's Easter week. This week is notoriously crowded and, well, awful

discos

Beginning May 5, Philharmagic does not have fastpasses available going forward from there. I had been anticipating a refurb, but they haven't announced anything yet so now I'm wondering if they're simply planning to no longer offer fastpasses for it.
If they're simply just planning to no longer offer fastpasses for this attraction then they're going the right way. Next should be Haunted Mansion!

Kman101

They could always have it be a bonus fastpass. If you get a fastpass for one thing, you should see a Philharmagic FP pop up as a bonus (like how sometimes with the old paper system you'd get a "bonus fastpass" for something that usually doesn't "need" FP). But wouldn't want that ;)

Kman101

It is ashame the effects are in such horrible shape. The pie scent is not even in the right scene with the timing being so off, among other issues.

Yeah. Let's hope it gets the refurb it needs. An updated film would be nice, as much as I do love the one now. And considering it's now in two other parks ... I'd hope an update is still in the cards. But it'd probably be an easy budget thing to cut.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It is ashame the effects are in such horrible shape. The pie scent is not even in the right scene with the timing being so off, among other issues.

Wasn't this show due for an upgrade some 4-5 years ago? Tech and scenes. At one point I was under the impression they were shuttering it but with the wait-time lines mentioned here, the proposed upgrade/updates and the reworked clone-lite version at DCA; I have to think that at some point it's going to get some much needed TLC. It's overdue. (What isn't!?)

Last time I visited it was extremely blurry. On par with It's Tough to Be a Bug. Hoping this show is updated. Same for all the "4D" shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom