Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 2024

My daughter and I attended last night’s party. It was rough to say the least. It rained from 7 until about 10:15. And not just sprinkling- downpours, thunder, lightning & windy. The first parade and stage show were cancelled. All the outdoor rides were closed.

We started the night in Tomorrowland hoping to do Space Mountain first by it was closed for technical difficulties. We ended up going to Adventureland to meet Jasmine (my daughter dressed up as her) but as we were waiting, the rain got super intense and we were so soaked that my daughter wanted to get out of line. We ended walking over to Jack and Sally since their meet is in indoors. There was a lot of flooding and at times, we were waking through ankle deep water. We got to Jack and Sally and their meet was 120 minutes. We ended up just getting in line for Mickey since it was only 30.
All we did from 7-10 was meet Mickey, meet Jasmine, do a few treat trails and get a party exclusive snack.
Space finally opened at 9 but the wait was 45 minutes and we’re hoping to see the fireworks at 10 so we didn’t get in line.

We got to hub area around 9:30. The fireworks thankfully did happen but there was no Jack puppet.
We stayed and saw the 10:35 Villain show which was abbreviated.
We then saw the 11:15 parade which I think was complete but no headless horseman ☹️
The parade ended at about 11:45 so we quickly made our way to Tomorrowland to finally ride Space.
We were completely soaked by the end of the night, socks and shoes saturated, our backpacks were not water proof so they were soaked through. It was not the night we were hoping for. We never got to meet Jack and Sally ☹️ This was my daughters first party and my first since 2009.

But on a side note, I’m wondering if anyone heard or read about an incident that may have occurred. While we were in line at Sleepy Hollow for our snack, a woman over on the Liberty Square bridge started screaming. Like a high pitched horror movie scream. At first I thought it was part of a show or something. But then she started screaming for help and was yelling “Lucas” over and over. I don’t think he was lost because she wasn’t looking around. She was on the ground just screaming. People frantically started looking for help and eventually the police showed up. I am really hoping he didn’t fall over the railing or something.

Anyways, here is a pic from earlier in the night. This was at about 4:30 when we entered. Looks nice right? 🫠

View attachment 811427

I saw in a FB group someone ask about the woman who was screaming for Lucas. It was reported that they did get separated, and several confirmed that they did get reunited. :)

ToTBellHop

My daughter and I attended last night’s party. It was rough to say the least. It rained from 7 until about 10:15. And not just sprinkling- downpours, thunder, lightning & windy. The first parade and stage show were cancelled. All the outdoor rides were closed.

We started the night in Tomorrowland hoping to do Space Mountain first by it was closed for technical difficulties. We ended up going to Adventureland to meet Jasmine (my daughter dressed up as her) but as we were waiting, the rain got super intense and we were so soaked that my daughter wanted to get out of line. We ended walking over to Jack and Sally since their meet is in indoors. There was a lot of flooding and at times, we were waking through ankle deep water. We got to Jack and Sally and their meet was 120 minutes. We ended up just getting in line for Mickey since it was only 30.
All we did from 7-10 was meet Mickey, meet Jasmine, do a few treat trails and get a party exclusive snack.
Space finally opened at 9 but the wait was 45 minutes and we’re hoping to see the fireworks at 10 so we didn’t get in line.

We got to hub area around 9:30. The fireworks thankfully did happen but there was no Jack puppet.
We then saw the 11:15 parade which I think was complete but no headless horseman ☹️
The parade ended at about 11:45 so we quickly made our way to Tomorrowland to finally ride Space.
We were completely soaked by the end of the night, socks and shoes saturated, our backpacks were not water proof so they were soaked through. It was not the night we were hoping for. We never got to meet Jack and Sally ☹️ This was my daughters first party and my first since 2009.

But on a side note, I’m wondering if anyone heard or read about an incident that may have occurred. While we were in line at Sleepy Hollow for our snack, a woman over on the Liberty Square bridge started screaming. Like a high pitched horror movie scream. At first I thought it was part of a show or something. But then she started screaming for help and was yelling “Lucas” over and over. I don’t think he was lost because she wasn’t looking around. She was on the ground just screaming. People frantically started looking for help and eventually the police showed up. I am really hoping he didn’t fall over the railing or something.

Anyways, here is a pic from earlier in the night. This was at about 4:30 when we entered. Looks nice right? 🫠

View attachment 811427
It stinks to have a rainy party like that.

LittleBuford

View attachment 811427
Guest Services will sometimes give you complimentary tickets for another night if you explain your situation and ask nicely.

DisneyDreamer08

Guest Services will sometimes give you complimentary tickets for another night if you explain your situation and ask nicely.

They were even giving out refunds too according to this post from the same rainy night.

Thanks so much for suggesting this. I called and after being on hold for 45 minutes, I was given 3 options. Party tickets for another night, one day park tickets that expire in a year, or a full refund. I chose the refund.

Ghostdog

Thanks so much for suggesting this. I called and after being on hold for 45 minutes, I was given 3 options. Party tickets for another night, one day park tickets that expire in a year, or a full refund. I chose the refund.
So happy you got a refund! And this is one reason why we continue to return to WDW; the customer service is exceptional.

RoadiJeff

Does entrance to the party line lessen and run quicker after the initial crowd enters?

Instead of waiting with EVERYONE at 3:00 for a 4:00 entry we were thinking of going to the Enchanted Rose at the Grand Floridian for a snack/drinks before heading over to the party around 5/5:30ish.
When we went to the party last year we were in MK from soon after it opened in the morning, all the way through the party. We didn't want to deal with the party crowds at the gate or the lines of vehicles heading to the parking lot.

We had our costumes in a duffel bag and we rented a locker that is to the right of the turnstiles as you enter the park. About 45 minutes before 4pm, when they were going to open the gates for the party guests, we retrieved our duffel bag and headed off to some restrooms to change.

I mentioned this before but here's a hint on filling your candy bag quickly. Head toward Space Mountain but veer off to the left and walk past their gift shop, the one that everyone exits when they get off the ride. There's a walkway that comes out in Fantasyland. Along that walkway there are 3 candy stations and by the time you exit the walkway your bag will be half full in just a few minutes.

Last edited:

bmr1591

Original Poster
True, our party day is in the middle of our vacation (we have hopper tickets) so we’re not worried about the extra 3 hours. We’ll have already been to MK probably more than once by then.

I would highly recommend being at the park at 3:45 and getting in there. Even though the party starts officially at 7, you're paying for those 3 hours of park time between 4-7.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I would highly recommend being at the park at 3:45 and getting in there. Even though the party starts officially at 7, you're paying for those 3 hours of park time between 4-7.
The plaza in front of the tapstyles at 3:45 are packed.

Packed.

If one doesn't have Passholder tickets to get in earlier, then I suggest one waits until 4:15p and stroll in without a wait.

wdrive

I’ll have a park hopper ticket for the day I am attending the Halloween party, was planning on arriving to MK just before 4. Are the none party turnstiles easy to access around this time?

Touchdown

Arrive at MK at anytime, use your hopper ticket, go in the normal turnstiles get your band in the park (usually have stations at Philharmagic, MILF, and somewhere in Frontierland or Adventureland.)

bmr1591

Original Poster
Arrive at MK at anytime, use your hopper ticket, go in the normal turnstiles get your band in the park (usually have stations at Philharmagic, MILF, and somewhere in Frontierland or Adventureland.)

If you do this, you won't get to walk in through the side entrance to get your first candy bag and see Cruella.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom