Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 2024

JohnD

Anyone else getting this message?

We have two reservations for Sept & Oct but we can't seem to buy tickets?
View attachment 784062
Are you logged in? I logged in and it only shows me the dates that are available during my resort reservation.
1715174294633.png

JohnD

Using the app worked! Thank you. No idea why the website wasn't working for me.
I don't know. I logged in and the website worked just fine for me. Maybe because you're already logged into the app and you didn't log into the website? BTW, I just logged out and got the same message as you. I really don't think you were logged in.

Mireille

Premium Member
Who knows.. Disney IT I guess!
But we're good now, Sept 26th we'll be there :)
The website is deceptive in that it will look like you're signed in (like it shows your login name) until you actually click on something that requires a login and it prompts you to log in. The whole go.com infrastructure is so wonky.

JohnD

The website is deceptive in that it will look like you're signed in (like it shows your login name) until you actually click on something that requires a login and it prompts you to log in. The whole go.com infrastructure is so wonky.
It's like other websites that remembers who you are but you still need to sign in with your password.

thomas998

It’s April 30th, meaning it’s halfway to Halloween. Anyone else expecting first details for the party today? What’s everyone hoping to see?
Universal... Disney has pretty much priced themselves out of what I consider a reasonable rate. I remember when we paid about 50 or 60 a ticket when they let fewer people in and you actually felt like you got a good deal...Now you are have days where they are charging more than the full day price and you only get the evening.... Then throw in that they let in many more people than they originally did for these special events... Sorry, but can't justify paying more to get less. On days when the parks close early for this I'll be at a different park or Universal.

ToTBellHop

Universal... Disney has pretty much priced themselves out of what I consider a reasonable rate. I remember when we paid about 50 or 60 a ticket when they let fewer people in and you actually felt like you got a good deal...Now you are have days where they are charging more than the full day price and you only get the evening.... Then throw in that they let in many more people than they originally did for these special events... Sorry, but can't justify paying more to get less. On days when the parks close early for this I'll be at a different park or Universal.
Meanwhile, the amount you need to spend at HHN to actually enjoy yourself makes the MNSSHP ticket prices look like pocket change.

Andrew25

Meanwhile, the amount you need to spend at HHN to actually enjoy yourself makes the MNSSHP ticket prices look like pocket change.
HHN has severe capacity issues, but (and depends on your personal point of view) is still a far better event. I love the MS decor, Boo to You and Hocus Pocus... but the rest of the event leaves a lot to be desired.

HHN is 10 new full blown well done houses, 5 (I'd say 3 since 2 are always a dud) scare zones and a terrific live stage show. All included for about the average ticket price of $95 (max. $123 w/ pre-paid, $140 at gate)

You also don't need to spend money on express to enjoy yourself at HHN. You can easily hit up 5-6 houses, live show, and eat some of the unique food without running house to house or worrying about express.

ToTBellHop

HHN has severe capacity issues, but (and depends on your personal point of view) is still a far better event. I love the MS decor, Boo to You and Hocus Pocus... but the rest of the event leaves a lot to be desired.

HHN is 10 new full blown well done houses, 5 (I'd say 3 since 2 are always a dud) scare zones and a terrific live stage show. All included for about the average ticket price of $95 (max. $123 w/ pre-paid, $140 at gate)

You also don't need to spend money on express to enjoy yourself at HHN. You can easily hit up 5-6 houses, live show, and eat some of the unique food without running house to house or worrying about express.
I like feeling like I actually did everything I want at a party. I can do that at a single MNSSHP or MVMCP. Can’t at HHN unless you go more than once or get Express. Doesn’t mean it isn’t a great event, though.

Not sure HHN is worth the impact it has on USF not only in the fall but, honestly, year-round.

Cariad

Got my tickets. I'm doing two parties because I got the cost of the ticket I had, but didn't use, towards the cost of one and spoiled myself with another night. I like to be able to take my time and I don't do any other paid events and as an elderly friend said to me; Do it while you still can.
I did one via the website, easy peasy, but called the US Disney site using Tesco's International Mobile app (2.4 pence per minute if any Brits are interested) to sort out the ticket I hadn't used. All straight forward and less than 20 minute wait using the phone.

the_rich

For me the party is a great value. I plan on doing AK the day of the party, taking a small break and then heading to mk. So instead of getting a park hopper I can spend about $20 more and enjoy the party.

Andrew25

I like feeling like I actually did everything I want at a party. I can do that at a single MNSSHP or MVMCP. Can’t at HHN unless you go more than once or get Express. Doesn’t mean it isn’t a great event, though.

Not sure HHN is worth the impact it has on USF not only in the fall but, honestly, year-round.
Well that's cause the parties have far less Halloween-related things to do than HHN lol

Outside of short hours, USF isn't really impacted that much from HHN. (I will agree that Universal can do a better job at lessening the impacts of having to close parts of the park down for Stay & Scream).

ToTBellHop

Well that's cause the parties have far less Halloween-related things to do than HHN lol

Outside of short hours, USF isn't really impacted that much from HHN. (I will agree that Universal can do a better job at lessening the impacts of having to close parts of the park down for Stay & Scream).
The park’s build out is hamstrung by tents. Granted, they have plenty of garbage attractions to replace before expanding anyway…

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
For me the party is a great value. I plan on doing AK the day of the party, taking a small break and then heading to mk. So instead of getting a park hopper I can spend about $20 more and enjoy the party.

In mid-August, adding the Park Hopper to a 7-day ticket is $85. Moving into September it's in the $90's per ticket (but you also have higher MNSSHP prices as well) So doing 1 Halloween party for an even higher cost (not sure how you do the math with $85 to $119 being only $20) is better than having 7 days to park hop and do MK multiple evenings? Hey, whatever you think makes sense, I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom