Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 2024

lentesta

Premium Member
Eh, I'd say it's pretty likely that the "sold out" parties last year had different capacities. Here's the thrill-data average wait times by party:

The "lowest wait times" party having 35 percent lower average waits than the "highest wait times" party seems like pretty strong circumstantial evidence to me that the capacity isn't the same each night, although I'd love an expert like @lentesta to weigh in if I'm missing something obvious here.

As for why? I don't think it needs to be a conspiracy. It's probably similar to the same thing they do/did with park reservations. They estimate how many tickets will sell, plan staffing appropriately, and that is the "sold out" metric. There's a reason why some parks are out of park reservations when it's not a crowd level 10/10 day.

Party tickets used to be a make-good when (for example) a guest complained about ride downtime at DHS, or last year for the first Jollywood Nights events.

I believe on some nights it got to the point where party capacity limits were blown past because of how much guest recovery needed to happen.

Fido Chuckwagon

Party tickets used to be a make-good when (for example) a guest complained about ride downtime at DHS, or last year for the first Jollywood Nights events.

I believe on some nights it got to the point where party capacity limits were blown past because of how much guest recovery needed to happen.
I hadn’t considered that, thanks!

wutisgood

I'm shocked Disney actually cares enough anymore to give guests a real perk for something going wrong to the point where it would affect wait times for a party outside of something like a hurricane cancelling another night. Maybe there are more guests than I assume screaming at cast members until a manager gives them something good enough to go away though. Nice to cast members me hasn't even gotten a free fastpass for Disney screw ups since before the pandemic.

MagicHappens1971

I'm shocked Disney actually cares enough anymore to give guests a real perk for something going wrong to the point where it would affect wait times for a party outside of something like a hurricane cancelling another night. Maybe there are more guests than I assume screaming at cast members until a manager gives them something good enough to go away though. Nice to cast members me hasn't even gotten a free fastpass for Disney screw ups since before the pandemic.
If you’re nice to the cast members and have a valid reason for complaint, they will accommodate you without the screaming & need for a manager. I went to a MNSSHP that got rained out (basically) with a few friends and we got tickets to again, I never got a chance to use it and they actually let me convert it into a MVMCP ticket.

wutisgood

If you’re nice to the cast members and have a valid reason for complaint, they will accommodate you without the screaming & need for a manager. I went to a MNSSHP that got rained out (basically) with a few friends and we got tickets to again, I never got a chance to use it and they actually let me convert it into a MVMCP ticket.
I mean I know its probably not easy to track on stats but my experience and from what I have heard from others is that Disney is stingy on giving out perks for their screw ups compared to years ago. I imagine that correlated largely to the Chapek era though and maybe they are starting to do better now? I do not believe at all that Disney rewards people who are nice over people who get angry sadly these days.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
So the two parties I can make are the first one and Halloween Night.

First night for my family of four is $134/person but dealing with vloggers and heat. Or we can do Halloween night for $194/person. My cheapo mind is stuck on cost of 4 to opening night as less than 3 for Halloween night. Non locals and unsure when we'd be at WDW for Halloween night again. Someone please tell me I'd be nuts to pass on Halloween to fight vloggers and heat. 😂

ToTBellHop

So the two parties I can make are the first one and Halloween Night.

First night for my family of four is $134/person but dealing with vloggers and heat. Or we can do Halloween night for $194/person. My cheapo mind is stuck on cost of 4 to opening night as less than 3 for Halloween night. Non locals and unsure when we'd be at WDW for Halloween night again. Someone please tell me I'd be nuts to pass on Halloween to fight vloggers and heat. 😂
Hopefully there will be fewer bloggers since the biggest ones are more likely to be at D23 than live-streaming the 122nd showing of Not-So-Spooky Spectacular or the 1572nd showing of Boo to You.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Hopefully there will be fewer bloggers since the biggest ones are more likely to be at D23 than live-streaming the 122nd showing of Not-So-Spooky Spectacular or the 1572nd showing of Boo to You.

That's a great point. And it reminds me that I wanted to organize a group to have a parks panel watch party at WDW before seeing that that it's starting at 10pm. 😑

But the ones that remain in Florida I still think may be overwhelming trying to get to all the snacks and new meet and greets.

ToTBellHop

That's a great point. And it reminds me that I wanted to organize a group to have a parks panel watch party at WDW before seeing that that it's starting at 10pm. 😑

But the ones that remain in Florida I still think may be overwhelming trying to get to all the snacks and new meet and greets.
I'm sure they are getting their nails done already so they will be prepared to show us the faBOOlous new cupcakes.

Was that mean?

RoadiJeff

Pretty much the same experience I had, except I didn't complain to any Disney personnel. When my wife and I went to a MVMCP back around 2018 the park seemed like the crowd size doubled from what it had been during the day, long standby lines, it rained off and on throughout the evening, causing the parades to be canceled and we had a miserable time.

I posted my gripes on some Disney forum (here perhaps) just to let off some steam and I received a PM from a worker to contact them. They gave us two single day tickets for a future visit to any of their parks, valid for the next 12 months. I thought that was very nice gesture.

RoadiJeff

People who celebrate Halloween August 9th are the same people who my HOA just had to take to court to get them to take down their Christmas lights and giant Santa inflatable that were up until mid April.

Celebrating a holiday for months really makes the holiday itself decidedly less special.
Yes, but August 9th is "only" 12 weeks before Halloween. Since Disney is doing this, don't be surprised to see the MVMCP opening dates to start in late September this year. :D

Cariad

I was sick last year and couldn't go to the party, I just paid the difference between this party and that ticket. All I did was call from my room the day after, they CM checked and said as it hadn't been used I could use it for another event ticket. So I'm doing two MNSSHP this year.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Tickets now available to all guests for the 2024 MIckey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party​

August 2024 Pricing​

• August 9: $149
  • August 13, 16, 20, 23, 27: $119
  • August 30: $129

September 2024​

• September 2, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15: $129
  • September 17, 20, 22, 24, 26, 29: $149

October 2024 Pricing​

• October 1, 3: $169
  • October 4, 11, 18: $189
  • October 6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17: $179
  • October 20, 22, 24: $189
  • October 25, 27, 29, 31: $199

Andrew25

With pricing out for 2024, we see a $7 jump on average compared to last year +4%.

Looking at the past 7 years, amazing to see how much the event has increased in pricing. From 2018 to 2024 the event has increased by 35% (adjusted for inflation), about $41.

*They did reveal 2020 event pricing early in the year, so I'd say it's fair to include in this analysis.

1715782274949.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
With pricing out for 2024, we see a $7 jump on average compared to last year +4%.

Looking at the past 7 years, amazing to see how much the event has increased in pricing. From 2018 to 2024 the event has increased by 35% (adjusted for inflation), about $41.

*They did reveal 2020 event pricing early in the year, so I'd say it's fair to include in this analysis.

View attachment 785678

Stealing my thunder, why you... ;)

But not sure what measure of inflation was used. I refrain from "adjusted for inflation" because A) inflation is government-manipulated (and under-reported) and has been for 40 years, and B) it's rather irrelevant to hard-ticket pricing.

I do like the bar graph visual. Really drives home the fact that pricing under the Bob's has just been ridiculous.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
October pricing saw a significant jump:

Average ticket price for an October party in 2023: $177
Average ticket price for an October party in 2024: $185.67

Same number of events in October 2023 vs. October 2024.

Andrew25

But not sure what measure of inflation was used. I refrain from "adjusted for inflation" because A) inflation is government-manipulated (and under-reported) and has been for 40 years, and B) it's rather irrelevant to hard-ticket pricing.
It's obviously not 100% accurate, just a nice thing to refer to.

Not sure how inflation is irrelevant to hard-ticket pricing? Should still be taken into consideration.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's obviously not 100% accurate, just a nice thing to refer to.

Not sure how inflation is irrelevant to hard-ticket pricing? Should still be taken into consideration.

What causes the hard-ticket price to inflate? It's not more offerings. It's not labor costs, those are baked into normal ticket prices which do not drop just because there are fewer hours on a party day. Candy prices have increased so much that they've had to raise average ticket prices $65/ticket in 6 years?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom