Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 2024

Ghostdog

Details for Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Dessert Parties has been released. Plaza Garden viewing remains at the same price as 2023, while pricing at Tomorrowland Terrace has increased $5 for adults and $6 for guests ages 3 to 9.

Plaza Garden:
Event Details
  • Location: Dessert party held at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant at Magic Kingdom park, with fireworks viewing in the Plaza Garden
  • Time: Check in at the entrance to Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant 1.5 hours before the fireworks begin; view the park calendar for show times
  • Price: $99 (including tax and gratuity) for Guests ages 10 and older; $59 (including tax and gratuity) for Guests ages 3 to 9

Tomorrowland Terrace:
Event Details
  • Time: Check in at the entrance to Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant one hour before the fireworks begin; view the park calendar for show times
  • Price: $119 (including tax and gratuity) for Guests ages 10 and older; $75 (including tax and gratuity) for Guests ages 3 to 9
I wish this was an appetizer party. I’m not that much of a sweets person and can’t justify paying that much money for desserts.

JohnD

Details for Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Dessert Parties has been released. Plaza Garden viewing remains at the same price as 2023, while pricing at Tomorrowland Terrace has increased $5 for adults and $6 for guests ages 3 to 9.

Plaza Garden:
Event Details
  • Location: Dessert party held at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant at Magic Kingdom park, with fireworks viewing in the Plaza Garden
  • Time: Check in at the entrance to Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant 1.5 hours before the fireworks begin; view the park calendar for show times
  • Price: $99 (including tax and gratuity) for Guests ages 10 and older; $59 (including tax and gratuity) for Guests ages 3 to 9

Tomorrowland Terrace:
Event Details
  • Time: Check in at the entrance to Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant one hour before the fireworks begin; view the park calendar for show times
  • Price: $119 (including tax and gratuity) for Guests ages 10 and older; $75 (including tax and gratuity) for Guests ages 3 to 9
That's a no for me.

Let's say you go to the least expensive party which was $119 for an adult last year:
1. You pay twice that to include the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party. i.e. It's the same price as the entire MNSSHP.
2. You're wasting valuable time that you just paid $119 for the party itself.

But whatever. Disney will gladly take your money and eat up your time.

JMcMahonEsq

I’m very intrigued by the dessert parties but it seems like such a time suck. Checking in an hour or an hour and a half before fireworks means you are losing a lot of valuable party time. Not sure I can justify that. Or the price.
Portions of our family did it last year, and found it to be fun. We were traveling with a multi-generational group and the bookends of the family (grandparent and youngest kids) wanted to stay out with the family and close down the park, but weren't going to be running from spot to spot. The party gave them a more leisurely area to relax and still be part of the event.

I will say had the benefit of staying at the contemporary for the trip, AND having gone to MK that day. So between LL and Genie+, and the extra morning hours, we were able to ride basically everything throughout the day (and were able to walk back/forth to the hotel to get a quick change of clothes/rest in.) If it is your first/only time going to the party, I would definitely say it wouldn't be for me. But if you have done it before, or you are not looking to use the party as a means of just hitting rides with little to no wait time, then it could be a nice added feature.

ToTBellHop

Well the Aug 9 start coincides with D23.
Which will the bloggers choose?!?!
Image result for always sunny mapping

Figuring out flights that allow attendance at both events.

DisneyDreamer08

Portions of our family did it last year, and found it to be fun. We were traveling with a multi-generational group and the bookends of the family (grandparent and youngest kids) wanted to stay out with the family and close down the park, but weren't going to be running from spot to spot. The party gave them a more leisurely area to relax and still be part of the event.

I will say had the benefit of staying at the contemporary for the trip, AND having gone to MK that day. So between LL and Genie+, and the extra morning hours, we were able to ride basically everything throughout the day (and were able to walk back/forth to the hotel to get a quick change of clothes/rest in.) If it is your first/only time going to the party, I would definitely say it wouldn't be for me. But if you have done it before, or you are not looking to use the party as a means of just hitting rides with little to no wait time, then it could be a nice added feature.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience.
This will be my 2nd time going to party but the first time I went was back in 2008. I will be attending with my daughter who is 13 and she has never been to a party. We had a bad experience with MK fireworks last year and it has really made me hate how crowded the hub/Main Street gets. But I’m hoping it won’t be so bad at the party vs a normal night.
We will be in Disney the whole week prior and do have another day at MK. So our focus will be 100% on party offerings.

wutisgood

If a dessert part were half the cost I still wouldn't do it at an event where unlimited candy is included. Gimme 1000 of those fudge brownie M&Ms.

Also for me I am standing in line early enough to get in as close to start. I only go to magic kingdom twice a year at most. I am getting every ride I can out of the night.

Last edited:
The reality to the early parks is yes it is early. It is closer to memorial day then halloween. And while I doubt families like mine are the reason why Disney did this, I can't say I don't appreciate that it is early. The last time I got to go to a halloween party was in 2012. The next year my son started kindergarten. School in the south starts early. I am also in a district that has fairly strict truancy rules, So pulling the kids out for a disney vacation during school is generally not easy. You need permission from the school to do it or if you are gone for more than three days in a row they will bring you to court.

So this is the first time in many years we have had the opportunity to allow my daughter to experience what her brother did.

I guess I really don't understand all the negativity. What does it really cost anybody? Plenty of people in my area start decorating their house in fall decor towards the beginning of August when school starts, so maybe it is just not a strange concept to me?
I’m definitely a person who laments the kind of “holiday creep” that I’ve seen on my lifetime. Just on a personal level, I think when the decorating/celebration period (in terms of exterior decorating and marketing) is stretched out far enough, it dilutes the impact of the holiday feeling for me. Kind of like overexposure to a song. For me, the overexposure/extension of holiday periods detracts from how I personally experience the holidays (feel less special and almost interminable), but I recognize that it makes many other people happy! I also think because I’m from an area (the northeast) with four distinct seasons, it feels more jarring to have holiday celebration stuff in the “wrong” season (environment-wise), so Halloween decor in August where I live feels kind of crazy. However the fact that an international-level tourist destination that caters to children stretches its Halloween event into time periods when more non-local families can attend doesn’t surprise me and it’s wonderful that the timing will allow your family to attend!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom