Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 2024

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I suspect they will announce tomorrow.
Tickets for resort guests will go on sale Thursday and then general public a few days later.
I am actually really hoping that them being so tight lipped means big changes to the dates.
F&W is back to the end of August at least which as much as I enjoy the offerings I think its a good thing that the festival has been shortened and I'm hoping the same for the Halloween Party because again as much as I may enjoy it I do think its gotten a bit out of control early.

IanDLBZF

Tickets for resort guests will go on sale Thursday and then general public a few days later.
I am actually really hoping that them being so tight lipped means big changes to the dates.
F&W is back to the end of August at least which as much as I enjoy the offerings I think its a good thing that the festival has been shortened and I'm hoping the same for the Halloween Party because again as much as I may enjoy it I do think its gotten a bit out of control early.
Either tomorrow or Thursday.

ToTBellHop

Not exactly certain how two parties a week in August impacts you but…k.

They didn’t shorten F&W because of fall fatigue. It had bad ROI. That’s not the case for MNSSHP.

DisneyDreamer08

My daughter and I are going August 17-24th. We know the summer weather will be brutal but I keep telling her, at least we can go to the Halloween party! So I really hope they don’t push it back 😂

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Not exactly certain how two parties a week in August impacts you but…k.

They didn’t shorten F&W because of fall fatigue. It had bad ROI. That’s not the case for MNSSHP.

OK just because its not impacting YOU doesn't mean that you can say its not impacting others...
I go on short trips and dates/days of the week that I'm visiting the parks cannot always be worked around the party. So if I'm not interested in attending the party (prices have deterred me lately) it impacts when I park hop to MK.

ROI is basically like saying there was fall fatigue lol. If enough people were interested then it would have brought in more money the longer it went on.

Again I'm not anti party and anti festival but I'm just saying in my opinion not starting the festival in July and the party in the first half of August is/would not be terribly upsetting to me.

ToTBellHop

OK just because its not impacting YOU doesn't mean that you can say its not impacting others...
I go on short trips and dates/days of the week that I'm visiting the parks cannot always be worked around the party. So if I'm not interested in attending the party (prices have deterred me lately) it impacts when I park hop to MK.

ROI is basically like saying there was fall fatigue lol. If enough people were interested then it would have brought in more money the longer it went on.

Again I'm not anti party and anti festival but I'm just saying in my opinion not starting the festival in July and the party in the first half of August is/would not be terribly upsetting to me.
It was festival fatigue. Not fall fatigue. Same reason F&G was shortened. Longer festivals did not raise profits. Meanwhile, every MNSSHP sold out last year. A shorter season equates to turning down money.

You state you’ll be there August 20-24. You can easily adjust to parties if they announce this week. You either do not need park reservations or can move them if AP since they’re wide open. And you don’t have dining reservations to move.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
It was festival fatigue. Not fall fatigue. Same reason F&G was shortened. Longer festivals did not raise profits. Meanwhile, every MNSSHP sold out last year. A shorter season equates to turning down money.

You state you’ll be there August 20-24. You can easily adjust to parties if they announce this week. You either do not need park reservations or can move them if AP since they’re wide open. And you don’t have dining reservations to move.

Its YOUR opinion that I can easily adjust to the parties... you know nothing about my exact plans...

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I know you can change park reservations and have no ADRs. I’m done with this ridiculous conversation. Enjoy avoiding Halloween. I hope the kids in costumes don’t make you feel too nauseated.

I'm sorry but you did not need to start the conversation. Its not like I directed my initial post at you.
You're taking offense so I'm guessing you are a die hard Halloween fan.
I have nothing against kids in costumes so tone it down.
I'm simply saying I do things a certain way and just because you expect me to be flexible does not mean that I have to or have to enjoy changing my preferences.

Last edited:

christine7257

They were interacting with guests outside vs inside the attraction.
I agree it didn't work and didn't add anything to the attraction. It's better to have them outside interacting with Guests.
I believe at least part of the reason the live actors weren't inside the attraction last year had to do with the bat infestation. I think it's fun to see them inside the attraction but would love if they're outside interacting with guests as well.

KrzyKtty

How much will prices increase? They sold out every date last year. Surely they’ll want tickets available soon so they can sell out again. August 9 isn’t that far off…
Do we know the first date will be August 9th? That would be better for me than August 16th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom