Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019

Satans Hockey

Thank you both, we got it working and got the photos.

Have to say for my first experience doing a special event at Disney I thought this was really over crowded. The event was sold out but it just really seemed like wall to wall people in the walkways. I'm guessing because of some rides not being open as well.

Ride wise I never saw dwarfs drop under 40 mins and space mountain was 30-40 mins all night. Haunted mansion was always around 30-40 and pirates was 15-35.

The special costumes, parades and shows were all really well done but I can't say I thought it was a good value for $140 to spend 8 hours in the park nor would I recommend it to anyone. Would be nice if the park stayed open until 2am considering the cost and that the party doesn't really start till 7pm. Or at least start the event at 6pm and end it at 1am.

I would have rather spent the day in the park normally and worked my way through the day using fast pass and not waiting on lines.

It's a shame because I've always heard amazing things about these parties but now that I'm reading through this thread it seems the days of these being lower sized crowds are few and far between. I can't say I would do another one any time soon if I had to pay.

The park itself does look amazing though and the meet and greets with the characters were absolutely fantastic, the staff that worked with them were wonderful as well. Can't say enough good things about the staff.

I do have to say that after visiting the Disney Tokyo parks that it affects the way I see the parks here as well. It's amazing how everyone there sits down to watch the parades and how generally nice and courteous everyone is. You wouldn't see people leaving trash and all their candy wrappers on the ground in Tokyo.

Last edited:

Touchdown

HM was a walk on at 11:30 last night, I waited 30 min for Space at 7:10, managed to do my Hocus Pocus/BTY combo as usual grabbing a spot around 8:10. The new fireworks were nice, but I miss the sing a long feature and feel GGG needs to be featured in the ghost ball section (even if it’s just the Organ version.) I actually did not have a problem with Step in Time.

monsters inc and Philharmagic give out the most candy.

Disstevefan1

For all the folks who think Disneyparks are doing poorly, this should show you everything is fine. These hard ticket events continue to sell out, the first Christmas party is also sold out. Folks still keep coming. Prices go up for everything, it does not matter. There are more Disney fans with money to spend every day than those who get priced out.

For a moment there, I thought Disneyparks hit that tipping point where prices for everything was simply too high. Nope! Disneyparks is and will do just fine..

Cousin Huet

The park in general and at the MNSSHP was nice and peaceful on Tuesday the 15th. There was hardly anyone in the park and we did everything we wanted with no waits. We didn’t go through a ton of treat trails but the one we did was unusual.....it was next to Cosmic Ray’s and had one treat station and was just all in the way. That old bypass back to Storybook Circus is missed for sure. The new fireworks show was not impressive at all. We had a blast though overall.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
HM was a walk on at 11:30 last night, I waited 30 min for Space at 7:10, managed to do my Hocus Pocus/BTY combo as usual grabbing a spot around 8:10. The new fireworks were nice, but I miss the sing a long feature and feel GGG needs to be featured in the ghost ball section (even if it’s just the Organ version.) I actually did not have a problem with Step in Time.

monsters inc and Philharmagic give out the most candy.

Disney: the parties are NOT overcrowded! We guarantee every ride is a walk-on!!* No waits!!*

*guarantee is only good after 11:30 pm

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
For all the folks who think Disneyparks are doing poorly, this should show you everything is fine. These hard ticket events continue to sell out, the first Christmas party is also sold out. Folks still keep coming. Prices go up for everything, it does not matter. There are more Disney fans with money to spend every day than those who get priced out.

For a moment there, I thought Disneyparks hit that tipping point where prices for everything was simply too high. Nope! Disneyparks is and will do just fine..
You realize, of course, that when Disney says the party is "sold out," that term is essentially meaningless -- other than signifying it will be crowded. We don't know what "sold out" means from a capacity point-of-view, since they've never published the number of tickets they sell to each party. It could be 20,000 tickets, or it could be 30,000 tickets.

Or it could be 50,000 tickets.

peter11435

You realize, of course, that when Disney says the party is "sold out," that term is essentially meaningless -- other than signifying it will be crowded. We don't know what "sold out" means from a capacity point-of-view, since they've never published the number of tickets they sell to each party. It could be 20,000 tickets, or it could be 30,000 tickets.

It’s higher than your lowest number but lower than your other two

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

A lot of times when you post, I think... man,... that's pretty logical for a "member ignoring reality" :hilarious::hilarious:

Disstevefan1

I dont think the actual number is important. If they are truthful in saying its sold out, I think we can agree they sold A LOT of tickets, and its going to be its usual MOBFEST.

This supports my view that the DisneyParks, (in this case WDW) is doing fine.

Here's a conspiracy theory for ya, let say tickets sales are flat, no one is buying. Disney puts out false propaganda saying the party is sold out for that night making folks think, "Oh, gotta get a ticket for the next party before its sold out!" :p

Just kidding.... WDW is doing fine

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I dont think the actual number is important. If they are truthful in saying its sold out, I think we can agree they sold A LOT of tickets, and its going to be its usual MOBFEST.

This supports my view that the DisneyParks, (in this case WDW) is doing fine.

Here's a conspiracy theory for ya, let say tickets sales are flat, no one is buying. Disney puts out false propaganda saying the party is sold out for that night making folks think, "Oh, gotta get a ticket for the next party before its sold out!" :p

Just kidding.... WDW is doing fine
Agreed. But, really, "sold out" at a Disney hard ticket party is just a concept... it's not a hard number. "Sold out" is whatever they say it is, and I can guarantee you that even if it's "sold out," there will be those who can get in over that top number.

Lilofan

Agreed. But, really, "sold out" at a Disney hard ticket party is just a concept... it's not a hard number. "Sold out" is whatever they say it is, and I can guarantee you that even if it's "sold out," there will be those who can get in over that top number.
NYE is a full capacity bumping and shoving experience. We ran into some cast members enjoying the festivities and dancing the night away and they said they just got out of work for the day. What a perk!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom