News Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2018

MinnieWaffles

I'm offering the Not So Pricy Halloween Party Tour...only $59.99 for as much Dole Whip as you can eat (we have snack credits!) and a scooter in our party to hold buckets of candy ;)

Kman101

Don’t count on it.

lol. Heaven forbid. Won't guests feel short changed considering how impressive HEA is? Though many are fond of just simple fireworks without projections so I can see why it's appealing. But like with the stage shows, it's time to start updating things. BTY can only go on for so long too. But I guess if no one complains they'll stick with it and save some money. I'm very glad for the Hocus Pocus show. I preferred the old Christmas stage show but the new one's good (apart from one song). They've at least done a decent job with the castle stage shows.

Kman101

I bought my ticket last night!!! Going to comb through this thread again to see if a couple questions are already answered, if not, be prepared for questions :p

I'd go to a party again if they updated the fireworks and the parade. I've seen them. I like them, but it isn't enough for me. A new castle show is nice but again, not enough. The parties were stagnating. I shouldn't see similar offerings from 10 years ago. But they're slowly updating so I appreciate that. I'm just impatient and want things done now. LOL.

But for a newbie to them, I highly recommend the parties. I really enjoyed them when I first attended. It was like the 24 hour thing, you're all sort of in it together and it just creates a different vibe.

Kman101

Can anyone confirm what time MK will be available for party guests? And what exactly does that entail (can I book a meal at 5)?

With a ticket to the party, you can enter at 4. There should be no trouble. It's not an advertised bonus, it just is. But they're apparently letting DVC in at 2 so ... which is a nice gesture. So I imagine 4 won't be a problem. I've never tried to get in earlier.

Princess Leia

I'd go to a party again if they updated the fireworks and the parade. I've seen them. I like them, but it isn't enough for me. A new castle show is nice but again, not enough. The parties were stagnating. I shouldn't see similar offerings from 10 years ago. But they're slowly updating so I appreciate that. I'm just impatient and want things done now. LOL.

But for a newbie to them, I highly recommend the parties. I really enjoyed them when I first attended. It was like the 24 hour thing, you're all sort of in it together and it just creates a different vibe.
I’m a little ticked about a HEA-level show not being offered, but at the same time, really looking forward to the parade. I’ve never been to the Halloween party, and since I’m not spending the full day at the park on this trip, really looking forward to shorter lines for rides.

Kman101

I’m a little ticked about a HEA-level show not being offered, but at the same time, really looking forward to the parade. I’ve never been to the Halloween party, and since I’m not spending the full day at the park on this trip, really looking forward to shorter lines for rides.

Despite some cuts over the years, the two holiday parades are top notch. I love the soundtracks. Boo To You is a lot of fun seeing in person. It's just another case of "I wish it were better, but what's there is really good". Not sure if you've been to Christmas but it's even more great, with the snoap falling, hopefully a cool chill in the air ... usually very nice in the parks, depending on crowds. I've noticed it's hit or miss in that regards. EDIT: I'd like to see it updated a bit more like the new "parade" in Disneyland. I mean, they have Ursula! Some of the updates there make BTY feel a tad dated but it's a great parade. I also like what DL does with their Halloween fireworks. Maybe I need to get to DL this holiday season? Would be nice ...

I even went to their Pirate and Princess Party offering. I loved the fireworks. It was one of the best I've seen. I was so happy they included the castle under attack in HEA. It was a part of those fireworks, but a little better.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
While I agree that they should integrate HEA's tech (which wouldn't be hard), the draw for Hallowishes for me are the perimeter fireworks. It's a great finale. And I love that the entertainment is not very princess-y.

TTA94

I even went to their Pirate and Princess Party offering. I loved the fireworks. It was one of the best I've seen. I was so happy they included the castle under attack in HEA. It was a part of those fireworks, but a little better.

I wish they would bring P&PP back. It was extra money in their pockets. I don’t understand why it ended in the first place?

Kman101

I wish they would bring P&PP back. It was extra money in their pockets. I don’t understand why it ended in the first place?

It was the lamest of the three but the potential was there (the parade was the most lackluster, I felt, just re-used floats, but at least they tried). I bet if they did it now it'd be sold out.

I liked the idea behind what Paris did with Pirate or Princess. I'm pretty sure we know where the idea came from, lol. But it was just a seasonal offering, not a paid party.

Imagine the reaction on here if they came out with a third party again? It'd be like the reactions the festivals get. LOL.

I'm surprised they haven't fully committed to a Villains hard-ticket at the Studios. They could easily find something for Epcot and AK (sorry all! Not saying I want it but they often seem to leave money on the table while they penny-pinch everywhere else). They need to remember you have to spend money to make money. I think they're starting to get that, but when you have guests spend 10 years coming to a stagnating park ... of course they rest on their laurels. Not saying it's right, of course ...

IMDREW

What happened to the friday the 13th villain party in DHS? I went the very first time, not knowing what it was. But man, was it awesome! I hoped they would build it out further but haven’t heard anything about it anymore. I just wish I got in line for oogie boogie..

Kman101

What happened to the friday the 13th villain party in DHS? I went the very first time, not knowing what it was. But man, was it awesome! I hoped they would build it out further but haven’t heard anything about it anymore. I just wish I got in line for oogie boogie..

I wonder if it was a test for something other than a party. Maybe to see the interest in being able to market the villains as a franchise? They're already trying. But then they changed Villains in Vogue to Reel Vogue and I realized they probably have no interest in that. But maybe it was for a reason they changed the name? Probably wishful thinking ...

But I agree, was really hoping they'd expand on that idea. It was handled badly (crowd wise) but the idea was good.

iMax

It was the lamest of the three but the potential was there.

That party did however produce one of the greatest fireworks shows WDW has ever had.

What happened to the friday the 13th villain party in DHS?

I think that happened during the year of the limited time magic stuff where they had a year of one time only events, that may have been one of them (although I do remember a second villian event occuring) I do remember a lot of fights breaking out at that event however.

Kman101

That party did however produce one of the greatest fireworks shows WDW has ever had.

I think that happened during the year of the limited time magic stuff where they had a year of one time only events, that may have been one of them (although I do remember a second villian event occuring) I do remember a lot of fights breaking out at that event however.

I loved the fireworks! They were indeed the best part and a great thing to have come out of it.

Sky

So are we expecting the buntings to be swapped out for the fall decor sometime next week - or are we thinking morning of the first party?

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
So are we expecting the buntings to be swapped out for the fall decor sometime next week - or are we thinking morning of the first party?
I imagine it takes more than one night. I think buntings switch one night and all the pumpkins come out the next? Fall plantings are already going in. No outrage noted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom