News Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2018

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
With a ticket to the party, you can enter at 4. There should be no trouble. It's not an advertised bonus, it just is. But they're apparently letting DVC in at 2 so ... which is a nice gesture. So I imagine 4 won't be a problem. I've never tried to get in earlier.
Just to confirm ....

We are not using a park ticket on our party day.
Can I book 3 FP’s now for use between 4-6 that day, or do I have to do it day of?

We will not be using our MB’s to enter so they won’t be scanned at entry. I thought FP’s can’t be used if the MB isn’t scanned.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
And this is a clear example of charging guests for something that was free less than a year ago. I think it's tacky and it doesn't even impact me as I have MNSSHP tickets.

What?!?! No, no, Disney has never done that. Everything that was available for free in the past can still be done for free, don't you know that by now? Several posters told us so, so it has to be true.

I applauded the earlier openings last year to compensate for the 6pm closure. But now they are selling the early morning EMH? Bad show, TDO, bad show.

Animaniac93-98

What?!?! No, no, Disney has never done that. Everything that was available for free in the past can still be done for free, don't you know that by now? Several posters told us so, so it has to be true.

I applauded the earlier openings last year to compensate for the 6pm closure. But now they are selling the early morning EMH? Bad show, TDO, bad show.

To be clear, it's not every morning of a party night, but the EMM schedule has still not been adjusted despite them.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
To be clear, it's not every morning of a party night, but the EMM schedule has still not been adjusted despite them.

Hmmm... maybe it's a trial balloon being floated to see what the response will be. But don't the Halloween parties start in about 10 days? Not much time to adjust the schedule, not that it means they can't or won't.

Gillyanne

Just to confirm ....

Can I book 3 FP’s now for use between 4-6 that day, or do I have to do it day of?

We will not be using our MB’s to enter so they won’t be scanned at entry. I thought FP’s can’t be used if the MB isn’t scanned.

MB are not required for FP+, but MB are also assigned to an account and not any kind of specific ticket, so even then if you don't scan it for entry, you should still be able to scan it for FP+.... if you don't want to scan your magic band for entry (though as long as you don't enter before 4, are on the correct day for the ticket and enter where they tell you to for the party, it will scan it as your MNSSHP ticket and not any other day ticket) tickets also hold the RFID chip that uses FP+.

And in regards to 3 passes, if you do only 4 - 6, you may not be able to book 3 passes as the last time will be about 5:30 so it just doesn't allow the timing for 3 (4-5 & 5-6 [or 5:10-6 etc]) but you *may* be able to book something like 3:30 - 4:30; 4:30-5:30; 5:30-6 but some have mentioned that last year they had their first one cancelled because it was before the "valid" time. I don't recall this happening for my family at the Christmas party so YMMV

Princess Leia

And in regards to 3 passes, if you do only 4 - 6, you may not be able to book 3 passes as the last time will be about 5:30 so it just doesn't allow the timing for 3 (4-5 & 5-6 [or 5:10-6 etc]) but you *may* be able to book something like 3:30 - 4:30; 4:30-5:30; 5:30-6 but some have mentioned that last year they had their first one cancelled because it was before the "valid" time. I don't recall this happening for my family at the Christmas party so YMMV
I was wondering about that. Thanks for clarifying.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
MB are not required for FP+, but MB are also assigned to an account and not any kind of specific ticket, so even then if you don't scan it for entry, you should still be able to scan it for FP+.... if you don't want to scan your magic band for entry (though as long as you don't enter before 4, are on the correct day for the ticket and enter where they tell you to for the party, it will scan it as your MNSSHP ticket and not any other day ticket) tickets also hold the RFID chip that uses FP+.

Excellent information. Thank you.

I’ve actually lost our hard party tickets (put them somewhere “safe”), so we’ll be using our MB’s to get in. I was told that as long as we entered at the party specific entrance, none of our day entitlements would be used. (We have two extra park days left over from Irma last year, so it really isn’t the end of the world if things somehow get messed up.)

I’ve booked Big Thunder, Pooh, and Jungle Cruise for before the party. Thank you again.

IMDREW

Excellent information. Thank you.

I’ve actually lost our hard party tickets (put them somewhere “safe”), so we’ll be using our MB’s to get in. I was told that as long as we entered at the party specific entrance, none of our day entitlements would be used. (We have two extra park days left over from Irma last year, so it really isn’t the end of the world if things somehow get messed up.)

I’ve booked Big Thunder, Pooh, and Jungle Cruise for before the party. Thank you again.
I always entered with my MB and it never “took” one of my other days. It automatically takes the party ticket. It’s a very nice system

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Refillable mugs at the resort hotels change soon to a special Halloween design. Get your fall-weight jackets ready—1 more week of summer!

Actually, storminess is expected to drop over the next couple weeks in Central Florida. A taste of early fall!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I wish they weren’t so ambiguous on timing. If they insist on starting the Halloween season 8/17, all items shoulda be available then.

I agree. If you're going to start the parties in mid-August, make sure it's the full experience from the start.

It's almost as if DIS cares only about the $$$ generated by the hard ticket events and not the overall guest experience... ;)

Kman101

Just to confirm ....

I wish I could answer that. I haven't attended a party in 10 years! lol. So this was pre-FP+. I seem to remember some having trouble with this but I'm not sure. Wish I could help :/

Kman101

I agree. If you're going to start the parties in mid-August, make sure it's the full experience from the start.

It's almost as if DIS cares only about the $$$ generated by the hard ticket events and not the overall guest experience... ;)

WHAT!??

CRAZY TALK!

;)

They know they can get away with what they get away with. The average guest just doesn't hold them accountable. If people pay and go, they get away with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom