Michael Eisner on Larry King tonight

Bill

Account Suspended
Sigh. You know, I think I'd really just like to sit down and talk with the guy for a while. It's almost like he's lost in his own company. If I could just talk to him for a few hours, the whole company could get put back on track. Though, tonight he really has mad me sure that I do want to be CEO of Disney one day. :) I can only hope.:)

With that said, go Roy!

testtracker

Yes, some very dum questions.

Is walt frozen?"

"so why did you deceid to buy the muppets?" eisner: I used to love em when I was a kid.(30 years ago when kermie was still around)

Too bad roy couldn't call in. hah! :lol:

wouldn;t be suprised to hear that the callers were staged and bribed by our buddy micheal. (sp?)

Defend10

Quite honestly, without basing anything on my opinion, he sold himself and the company very well, and handled the questions like a pro. Any way you look at it, he's got the charisma and charm, that's for sure. For those who call him an idiot and say he can't speak, I don't know, it just seems like they may be blinded by their anger towards the man.

Once again, I am expressing neither positive nor negative opinions towards Mr Eisner, I just think his salesmanship was in top shape tonight.

cherrynegra

Oh, and notice how he mentioned Katie and Diane Sawyer and then said "Hopefully not Diane Sawyer," that's because he knows she would have asked harder questions that that animatronic interviewer Larry King. That interview was softer than a soft serve cone in the middle of July in the parking lot of Magic Kingdom!!!

MagicalMonorail

What is this about a pirates of the caribbean Christmas? I must have missed something. I liked that joke Larry made at the end " Michael Eisner, Chairman and CEO of the Walt Disney Company...for now." And when asked about DCA, he had a very short list of good attractions.

wdwmaniac

So whos going to be in Philly for this stockholders meeting. I will be attending both Save Disney and the Stock holder one since I only live about 1/2 hr. away.

General Grizz

He did well, but it was all a blindfold. It's not reality.

Originally posted by testtracker
Too bad roy couldn't call in. hah! :lol:

I thought of that.

Of course they stalled talking about how Kermit could become as great as Mickey and Pooh.

Um. . . ok.

dmmgp2000

No surprise he went on Larry King....that guy is the biggest softie ever.....they were like buddy buddy the whole time. The few tough questions were answered with a "everything's great". Oh well. Maybe he won't be around much longer after the meeting.

TiggerBW

Watching that has made me want to go to the stockholder's meeting. Luckily I live near Philly. Just have to get off from work.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

What an idiot!!!!!

General Grizz

Originally posted by MagicalMonorail
What is this about a pirates of the caribbean Christmas? I must have missed something. I liked that joke Larry made at the end " Michael Eisner, Chairman and CEO of the Walt Disney Company...for now." And when asked about DCA, he had a very short list of good attractions.

Eisner's favorite attractions:

1. ToT *cough* PLUG
2. BTMR *why wasn't he on it in September? :lookaroun*...PLUG
3. Mission Space...PLUG

Eh, right - you gotta help out the company, but please, don't give in to this guy. You need to have someone on there who KNOWS their stuff chatting with Eisner.

CNN obviously didn't want that.

Come on, Roy....!

Sir Hiss527

Just got done watching the interview, and what can I say. In my opinion Michael answered the questions very well, and he didn't miss a beat. I agree though that some of the stuff he said was kind of strange, it doesn't look like he knows his own company.

And what was all that hot dog crock about?

:lol:

cherrynegra

There were two really good questions. I really liked that first one about DCA. YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!! She hit it right on the mark. And personally, I didn't feel he answered it adequately. And his answer to the animation question was just such a, "Pardon me while I throw everything I can think of at you to evade answering the question." She should have been more pointed and asked him how he could turn away from traditional 2d animation. Notice how he mentioned 3d, but not 2d.

dmmgp2000

I can't wait to see what Roy and Stan have to say about tonight's interview....I'm sure they're gonna post something on their site soon commenting on everything he said tonight. Should be a fun read!

Calamar

Originally posted by General Grizz
Naw, I would "uhh" and so would Roy or Stan.

In fact, we've already seen <a href="http://www.savedisney.com/media/video/cudlowkramer040206-120.asx">evidence of this</a>. I do strongly support Mr. Gold's position, but it must be said that Eisner's public speaking skills seem smoother. (No offense intended toward Stan Gold -- in his position, I'm sure I'd fare much worse. :p)

Is anyone truly astonished by the interview, though? It was completely predictable. I doubt this is the first time a CEO has publicly lied in order to improve public opinions toward his company, heh.

Calamar

Originally posted by Sir Hiss527
And what was all that hot dog crock about?

As I understand it, he implied that he overcharged his customers.

I believe there's a valuable lesson to be learned from this.

General Grizz

Roy also stuttered a lot on a CNN? interview in December. But at least what he said was credible and to the point. Same with Gold. They're brave.

Did you see Eisner at the very beginning? He looked so freaky.

And, yes, VERY predictable. I could have answered all those questions. "Mr. Eisner, are there Americans in Iraq?" "No, but check the theme parks!"

imagineer99

Even though much of what Eisner said danced around crucial subjects, the fact of the matter is that Eisner's is an incredible salesman.

He managed to plug every new attraction that is coming to the parks. He also promoted Disney movies, tv shows, and television networks.

Also, he continued to repeat the fact that he is a family man (like Walt Disney himself). Thus, the average viewer will see this interview and infer that things are going great.

If only he would have been asked some real questions....

cherrynegra

I wouldn't say Eisner out-and-out lied during this interview, but I think he believes what he believes. Unfortunately, what he believes in just doesn't exist anymore.

And didn't you just love how he said they invest more money in the parks than shareholders would like? Where?? And did I momentarily go insane or did he say Disneyland Paris was doing incredibly well??:hurl:

marksniles

You all are OVER analzying the interview. We you have to think on your feet like that in front of a live camera and you know millions of eyes are on you - you might make a slip up here and there.

I thought he was very professional in all of his answers. Some of the questions asked him to reveal important information about things that as a CEO the public really shouldn't know about.

I still stand behind my belief that if he didn't care about the company than he would have just accepted Comcast's offer. It's interesting to note that on SaveDisney.com there is now an article in which Roy and Stan say that even they thought the offer was to low for Disney.

He is the CEO and chairman of this company. Why wouldn't he plug his company on TV? Any good businessman would.

I just think people need to STOP being so overly critical of him. Look at what we're getting in the next couple of years: Everest, Soarin', Motor Car Stunt Show, and now we have the MUPPETS! Does this sound like a CEO who doens't know what he's doing? I don't think so.

People just chill out!
Mark

danielfe

definetly a good speaker,

but does tend to fit the charcter roy portrays him as,

one thing i hated was comparing pixar to the old disney company, pixar's good but dont give them that kinda credit coming from your position.

does anyone know roy's opinion on the comcast bit? i havnt been able to find it anywhere

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom