Michael Eisner Day!

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
When Michael Eisner hangs up his ears how should the Disney parks pay tribute to him?? Name a boat or train after him? Put up a Michael Eisner Statue? A window on Main Street? Eisner Day?

Lord Alfred

Regardless of his current failure, I feel he has done a great service to Disney in the past and I hope they name a train after him or something.

WDWdude12

Originally posted by JungleJim
When Michael Eisner hangs up his ears how should the Disney parks pay tribute to him?? Name a boat or train after him? Put up a Michael Eisner Statue? A window on Main Street? Eisner Day?

Im sry jungle jim but explain what his failure is?????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
This thread was started to ask the question:

How should the Walt Disney Company honor Michael Eisner when he leaves?

guwag

I think that they should honor him with a swift kick to the backside. He is hated by lots of the cast members.

After September 11th, cast members that were getting a bit old - the "veterans" if you will, were "asked to leave" and were promptly paid off. Bear in mind that some of them were earning quite a bit due to their many years of dedicated service.

Then guess what Eisner did?
He hired new and young staff, knowing that he could get away paying them almost half of what the previous cast members were earning. :mad: :mad:

Because he is such a $crooge, some of the magic is being taken out of Walt Disney's Dream.
When I went to WDW in 2000 the MK was open until midnight most nights with two showings of MSEP. Now it closes at 10pm with just one Spectromagic showing. :cry:

All the parks now have reduced hours and it can't all be due to September 11th and the lack of visitors to the parks.

I can only hope that he leaves soon.

WDWdude12

Originally posted by JungleJim
This thread was started to ask the question:

How should the Walt Disney Company honner Michael Eisner when he leaves?

O ok thanx they should make a plauque @ a special part of his favorite park. Wow i didnt kno he did that!:eek:

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
Originally posted by cruiseman
Michael has always been a heck of a business man and saved the company in the 80's from a foreign tale-over. window

No, no no no no...Where do you get your information? First of all, the takeover attempt was not "foreign". There were two takeover attempts in the early 80's. One was by Saul Steinberg and the other was Irwin Jacobs (both Wall Street corporate raiders). Also, contrary to what a lot of people mistakenly believe, Michael Eisner did not "save" the company from either of these takeover attempts (or any others for that matter). Both of those situations were resolved before he came to Disney. As a RESULT of the takeover attempts, there was a shakeup on the Board of Directors (spearheaded by Roy Disney) and the new Board called for new management to run the company. That is when Eisner came in. Eisner did wake up the company and he turned it around, but get your facts straight. I get annoyed every time I hear someone say that he had anything to do with preventing the takeover attempts. If that act warrants a window on Main Street, then the windows should read Ray Watson and Stanley Gold.

If Michael Eisner deserves recognition (and I'm not saying he doesn't), then so do Card Walker and Don Tatum (for getting Epcot built) and Ron Miller (for starting the Touchstone label).

Lord Alfred

Originally posted by Becky
Two words- Frank Wells

AMEN!

I still get misty-eyed when I think of what could've been if he were still with us. It has been said that Wells and Eisner were two halves of one complete leader. Now Eisner is only half the man he used to be. :cry:

Sketch105

Definetly something at the Disney Studios. It was his first "really big" project, and it some people say it was his baby.

ToTBellHop

God, people...get over yourselves. The company would not be in business today had Michael Eisner not come along...take a look at how much has come about since he joined.

yankeeboy1638

they can also do for Eisner what they did for Ron Miller, base a villain on him. I read somewhere that the animator of Ratigan for the Great Mouse Detective based the look of the character on Ron Miller to get back at him for something :goodnevil

Anyways Eisner should not get anything special for what he has done. It is his job to make sure the company does well he should just get what every other CEO will end up getting- a lousy picture on the wall in a board room or hallway somewhere.

dreamer

ME is a businessman, not an artist. He managed a business but really did nothing creative to improve Disney.

As a businessman he reaped his reward and his legacy is his riches (and stock options).

ME managed to weasel into a movie and onto TV a couple of times. I say leave it at that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom