MGM to Epcot by Boat

Malc

Can someone give me the detail on this please?
For instance, is it possible to park the car early (8am) at MGM and then get straight into Epcot by this method? Or does the boat only operate when World Showcase is open?
I guess that there is a gate of some type to show an entrance ticket where the boat docks at Epcot?

mickeyears

In June, we took the boat at the gateway at the back of Epcot to MGM, so I would assume it works both ways. It did make stops at Boardwalk and Swan and Dolphin first before taking us to MGM. It took approximately 25 to 30 minutes. We enjoyed resting out feet.

Upvote 0

Malc

Original Poster
:)
Thanks for this - and if I understand you correctly, you did not have to CHANGE boats?
I also thought that it might be a good idea to relax for a short while!

Upvote 0

Coronado

you can't get there from here

Why not park in Dolphin lot (no gate keepers)? Enter and go past check in and on to self parking. Go through lobby and exit to boat dock. Friendship boat to the International Gateway (ticket center) at EPCOT makes two stops at Boardwalk, and Carribean. Free parking too.

Upvote 0

MrPromey

Originally posted by Malc
Can someone give me the detail on this please?
For instance, is it possible to park the car early (8am) at MGM and then get straight into Epcot by this method? Or does the boat only operate when World Showcase is open?
I guess that there is a gate of some type to show an entrance ticket where the boat docks at Epcot?

This may be a little late but here is the rundown on these boats. There are two separate boats for MGM and Epcot which service the resorts in between. The Epcot one goes to all the resorts and Epcot while the MGM goes to all the resorts and MGM. You cannot get in from the back of Epcot until after 11 when world showcase opens. There is a gait there and it doesn’t open till World Showcase. I don't recommend doing this at all because these boats can take forever, traveling to all the resorts (not bad if you only ride one but to do the change over to the second which you have to wait for - it's not fun) and the walking along the trail part seems nice till you realize at the end of the day how much walking that little trip added. One thing you can do that's isn't so bad though is to take the boat from MGM to the boardwalk and then walk the rest of the way… That's not too tough on the feet but you still have to worry about the 11:00 at the back of world showcase there… It's really not worth the trouble if you are there for a limited amount of time and are trying to do as much as possible IMHO...

Upvote 0

Disneynut

The gate at the back of Epcot opens at the same time as the rest of the park. If you enter that way, you are strongly encouraged by the cast members to move as quickly to the Future World section of the park, since the pavilions at World Showcase do not open until 11:00 am. As far as the boat tranporation goes, I believe that they have combined the two seperate boat runs into one. I think it runs from Epcot to the Resorts and then to MGM.

Upvote 0

MrPromey

Originally posted by Disneynut
The gate at the back of Epcot opens at the same time as the rest of the park. If you enter that way, you are strongly encouraged by the cast members to move as quickly to the Future World section of the park, since the pavilions at World Showcase do not open until 11:00 am. As far as the boat tranporation goes, I believe that they have combined the two seperate boat runs into one. I think it runs from Epcot to the Resorts and then to MGM.

Hmm, maybe during a slower time they combine the boats but the last time I was dragged this way (about a month ago) they weren't... As for the entry, the last time I was there they were letting people in from that side to get to the pin event which started in World Showcase when the park opened but I have been there many, many times and waited at that back gait to get into World showcase (sadly, also for pin related activities)

Upvote 0

<SRH>

I have parked at Boardwalk or Beach Club resorts, and walked to Epcot to the side entrance. They usually let me in at 9:00. One time they let me in at 8:20. The World Showcase is empty, so you walk to the front of the park. They usually stand by the front of the lagoon by the boat docks to guide you up to Future World. One time I walked around WS and checked out Canada's flowers for the Garden Festival. No one was even around, but I doubt they would say anything.

Upvote 0

MrPromey

Originally posted by <SRH>
I have parked at Boardwalk or Beach Club resorts, and walked to Epcot to the side entrance. They usually let me in at 9:00. One time they let me in at 8:20. The World Showcase is empty, so you walk to the front of the park. They usually stand by the front of the lagoon by the boat docks to guide you up to Future World. One time I walked around WS and checked out Canada's flowers for the Garden Festival. No one was even around, but I doubt they would say anything.

I'm not doubting you but that really seems odd considering how carefully they guard the entrance to World showcase from the Future World side...

Upvote 0

<SRH>

Actually I was partly right about that. I walk into the side gateway by France, walk through Great Britain and Canada. Then I usually go up the walkway that is by Imagination, then I head to Future World. I don't think they will let you walk by Mexico. They usually stand there. I usually head for Test Track anyway, and get it out of the way. I have not gone recently, but when I have gone lately I park the car at Boardwalk and take the new walkway to the studios. I ride the boat back to Epcot in the afternoon.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom