MGM to Epcot by Boat

Malc

Can someone give me the detail on this please?
For instance, is it possible to park the car early (8am) at MGM and then get straight into Epcot by this method? Or does the boat only operate when World Showcase is open?
I guess that there is a gate of some type to show an entrance ticket where the boat docks at Epcot?

The Mom

Premium Member
My answer is....probably. There are definitely boats running from Boardwalk, Swan, etc. to International Gate at World Showcase. There is an entrance with turnstiles, etc. When I've gone, there have always been cast members herding us toward Future World, but blocking entry to Test Track until official opening. (that is where we were headed) I didn't notice if there were boats coming from MGM, but I don't see why not, if transportation was up & running in general.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I would recommend walking - using the new path. its a good walk, and takes about 25 minutes to get from MGM turnstyles to Epcot International Gateway turnstyles.

Upvote 0

DisJosh

Ahhh....."losing track of time". Does she really use that one? My mom doesnt care if there was a heard of cows blocking the road, if I'm not in by 12:00, I wont hear the end of it for another week or two!

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Originally posted by marciahahn
No, it's just a teenage daughter losing track of time! :)

Oh, Marcia! I'm so sorry.... Some days the mom duties can be a drag, I guess... My mom said that was the worst part of parenting was when we came home late as teens... Glad everything is OK...

She should be in school next week, yes?

Upvote 0

DisJosh

Originally posted by mightyduck

Is this a problem where you live, DisJosh? ;)

Actually yes! About a year ago the buffalo at the Roger Williams Zoo got lose and were on the high way. I called my mom on the cell phone and told her but she thought I was kidding and just hung up. all of the buffalo ended up dying of fright and I waas yelled at until my mother saw the news the next day.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member

She should be in school next week, yes?

Not until Aug 27th. We go on more college tours the 11th-17th. Oh what fun! :rolleyes: She just finished summer school yesterday. That's why I didn't go hard on her when she called at midnight to say she would be late. I just had trouble getting back to sleep.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by DisJosh

all of the buffalo ended up dying of fright next

Well, of course, they always head for the Thurber's Ave curve, RI's own version of test track! High speed, high traffic, major highway with a steep banked curve....for you non-Rhode Islanders. Especially interesting in heavy rain, ice, and snow.

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Not until Aug 27th. We go on more college tours the 11th-17th. Oh what fun! :rolleyes: She just finished summer school yesterday. That's why I didn't go hard on her when she called at midnight to say she would be late. I just had trouble getting back to sleep.

That's very kind of you. :)

My parents only took me to see two schools...one that told us when we got there they would not offer a merit scholarship, and the one that I ended up attending. Granted, my heart wasn't in it, but that just wasn't happening!:)

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Originally posted by DisJosh

Actually yes! About a year ago the buffalo at the Roger Williams Zoo got lose and were on the high way. I called my mom on the cell phone and told her but she thought I was kidding and just hung up. all of the buffalo ended up dying of fright and I waas yelled at until my mother saw the news the next day.

That's a very sad story, DisJosh....:( I feel sad for the buffalo. And you! You were probably scaring them, weren't ya! It's all fun and games to you....

;)

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member

My parents only took me to see two schools...it,

Must stay on topic....must keep fingers away from keys......
She's already looked at 10 schools (at two she didn't bother getting out) but will be looking at 9 more. All out of state, of course! In Florida, she would qualify for free tuition....but no!!!

Another has almost guaranteed her a free ride, but it's not quite right.(unfortunately, she's right)

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Warning: thread drift

Must stay on topic....must keep fingers away from keys......
She's already looked at 10 schools (at two she didn't bother getting out) but will be looking at 9 more. All out of state, of course! In Florida, she would qualify for free tuition....but no!!!

Another has almost guaranteed her a free ride, but it's not quite right.(unfortunately, she's right)

Actually, Marcia, it was the free tuition at RU that helped my parents convince me. They made a deal about how I could have a car for graduation if I stayed in state and saved them money....And offered to give me extra money every semester. My mom became very ill my sophomore year, and if I had gone to a more expensive school, I would have had to drop out. And I know I got a great education at Rutgers... (RU Rah Rah, RU Rah Rah, Who Rah, Who Rah, Rutgers Rah...)

Upvote 0

Malc

Original Poster
:) OK everyone, I THINK there was enough positive response for my idea to work (remember the original question guys?!) - so we will give it a go anyway.
Thanks for your comments, I'll let you know what happens.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom