MGM Rumor

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
DarkMeasures said:
What needs updating with Muppetvision? Its perfect the way it is.
Now don't get me wrong, I love it in its current version (my favorite 3D film of them all), but in about 3-5 years it's really going to need something "fresh".....

m star

I love the current movie, too. But here's a really way out idea. Could they have two movies showing at the same time? They could alternates showings of one and the other, but use the same theater. They would just have to add a few new effects. It could be a sequel! Just don't get rid of the current one...

mkepcotmgmak

on a side note,
when i transferred to work Star Wars Weekends, we used the backside of the theater to break in, as well as some friends of Monsters Inc. and it's kind of creepy/neat back there! there are still some things from the doug show back there, even the painting on the doors for THE BEETS... haha - the big turntables on the stage are still there too... i looked hard for a switch to turn them on... j/k.
i hope something great comes out of this theater!

BigNorm

NemoRocks78 said:
Now don't get me wrong, I love it in its current version (my favorite 3D film of them all), but in about 3-5 years it's really going to need something "fresh".....

I'm sure in about 5 years the Muppets will have something amazing created around them...they wouldn't just buy the properties and let it sit and collect dust would they? :lookaroun

MiklCraw4d

m star said:
Some of the ones that were prominently featured (at least that I can remember):

Star Wars
Titanic
Parapluies de Cherbourg (French)
A really old silent movie (don't know the name)
A collage of westerns
A collage of knight films (including Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Henry V)
Oh man! I want to see this... A Disney attraction featuring 'Umbrellas of Cherbourg'... now that's something I never thought I'd see haha...

I didn't think anything worthwhile would come out of the awful Paris Studios...

But please WDI, no more 3D movies. It's been done. Let's have something new, what say?

bhg469

Good Rumor. I know everyone will probably hate me for saying this, but here it goes. I would love to see another 3D movie because i was let down with philharmagic. I wanted more of a preshow, or even a better que. I know i am not the target audience for the attraction so i dont let it bug me but i would like to be wow'd by another one of these movies.

Maybe they will get rid of MuppetVision and put the pan 3d ride in so the studios still has a 3d movie. This frees up some space for a new muppet ride like the Muppets Great Movie Ride. This way the muppets are ot over done.

Zipadeedoodah

I think MGM has made a lot of mistakes in the past years with taking attractions away...especially in the soundstage area. They should have never gotten rid of the monster show with chevy chase and martin short, or superstar television. They were both loads of fun. It's so crazy that the old ABC studios (which held Superstar Television) now sits empty. It was a hilarious attraction. And the old sound studio now has stupid Drew Carey and his "Sounds Dangerous" show. I'm sorry, but that show is SOOOO lame. One of the poorest decisions that Disney has made. All we can do is continuously ask ourselves..."Why....why....why?" :veryconfu :veryconfu

Zip :p

jrriddle

Original Poster
Well if I could get anything built in that area a Roger Rabbit Maroon Studios would be amazing. But since there are numerous legal issues and the fact that I don't think kids even know who exactly Roger is. I don't think it's ever going to happen.
Muppets Studio? & Maroon Studios? Pretty sweet. Just not going to happen.
Ah well I still think Cinemagic woul be pretty cool.

BeachClubVillas

TTATraveler said:
What would be the greatest thing, would be to bring back Superstar Television. Lets bring back some of the movie production/tv show production theme back to MGM.

You are so right! Superstar Television represented what MGM was supposed to be about. If we want to see a Peter Pan movie, we can pop it into the VCR! At least, that's IMHO. I really miss Superstar Television. I couldn't wait until I was old enough to be in the Lucy scene, but by the time I was the show was long gone. :cry:

Danamac

MrDisney16 said:
Maybe they will get rid of MuppetVision and put the pan 3d ride in so the studios still has a 3d movie. This frees up some space for a new muppet ride like the Muppets Great Movie Ride. This way the muppets are ot over done.
This comment upset me so much that I had to join the forum just to reply. MuppetVision 3D was the very last production that Jim Henson (creator of the Muppets [duh]) and Richard Hunt (voice of Scooter, Janice, and Sweetums) worked on before their deaths. I believe that it would be a sacrilege to change or, heaven forbid, destroy their last gift to their fans.

That being said: Hi, I'm Dana, and I'm a new member.

jrriddle

Original Poster
Danamac said:
This comment upset me so much that I had to join the forum just to reply. MuppetVision 3D was the very last production that Jim Henson (creator of the Muppets [duh]) and Richard Hunt (voice of Scooter, Janice, and Sweetums) worked on before their deaths. I believe that it would be a sacrilege to change or, heaven forbid, destroy their last gift to their fans.

Welcome to the boards Dana.
As far as MuppetVision, I don't think it's going anywhere. In fact I would think that we will be seeing more of the Muppets in the park especially if the new Muppet OZ movie does well.

bhg469

Danamac said:

well let me be the first to welcome you. and i agree with you comepletely. Muppets 3d should not be touched that is a great attraction that i never get bored of. I would however like to see more muppet attractions as long as they are done as well as muppets 3d.

edit cause i was the second to welcome you :animwink:

Dana, welcome to the boards. I didn't mean to upset you. I was just making an observation of one situation that imagineering could be considering. I like MuppetVision as much as any other Disney/Jim Henson fan but think it could and will if they keep it be updated with some new technology and possibly some new scenes. As far as Peter Pan 3-D show I don't see it happening. Peter Pan may be in the 3-D movie if that's what addition is being considered like Philiharmagic but not an entire show to himself.

OliveMcFly

A 3D Peter Pan or Return To Neverland actually sounds really cool. Perhaps it could feature Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet? Just a thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom