MGM on a rainy day

dkrfla

Original Poster
I am going to MGM on Wednesday for the first time in 15 years and it is supposed to rain. I was just wondering what shows/attractions could be effected or not running during bad weather?

Thanks
Dkrfla

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The last time I was there was was in 97 and it rained almost the whole day of the day that was planned for Disney/MGM. From what I remeber the only thing that was cancelled/postponed was the tram ride on the backlot tour.

Computer Magic

unkadug said:
The last time I was there was was in 97 and it rained almost the whole day of the day that was planned for Disney/MGM. From what I remeber the only thing that was cancelled/postponed was the tram ride on the backlot tour.
Indiana Jones was modifed last time I was there during the rain.

MuRkErY

When i went to MGM in 2000, there was a pretty heavy downpour just before the Indiana Jones stunt show, so they skipped out the last scene with the aeroplane, they said it was to dangerous to do in the wet.

DigitalDisney

Almost everything should still be up and running. However, the walk down Sunset Blvd to TOT and RNRC will be a little wet.

One cool thing about rain is that it usually cuts the lines down nicely because people are afraid to walk in the rain. If you don't mind it, you can almost walk on just about anything.

Figment1986

Oh they shut down the entire park and only let natives run wild... hehe J/k

The park remains open... but things that take place outside will be modified...
(Imagine the Lightors Motars Action Stuntshow.. with rain... Can we say.. Fun!!!)

Tom

Beta Return
hitogoroshi said:
Unless there´s lightning, Fantasmic is running!!! Enjoy!!!

Not entirely true. We were admitted, with our Dinner-Package Pass, at 8:30pm thru the side gate, on a hot June night. We sat there, in our ponchos, while it sprinkled....then rained harder, and ended up as a steady downpour. There was no lightning, but at 8:59 they decided to cancel the show. It s.u.c.k.e.d.

riguitargod

When i was there last June, there was a huge downpour. It was great, because my GF and I love rain, and it was nice... It was like seeing a movie though, the crowds just parted the streets and ran to the buildings, and we were walking down the empty middle of the roads, heh.

BUT they closed down RNR. We went to ride it, and they were using the queue as shelter from the rain instead of letting us ride :(

LiveItUp21

Account Suspended
That's kinda wierd! I have been to WDW about 10 times in the past 11 years and I can not remember one instance where it was raining while I was there! All other parks I can think of days in which I was there while it was raining but not MGM.

The rain really wouldn't affect your day at all though. That's the great thing about WDW, rain or shine, you can explore the world and have a good time.

aklodge

LiveItUp21 said:
That's kinda wierd! I have been to WDW about 10 times in the past 11 years and I can not remember one instance where it was raining while I was there! All other parks I can think of days in which I was there while it was raining but not MGM.

The rain really wouldn't affect your day at all though. That's the great thing about WDW, rain or shine, you can explore the world and have a good time.
Also, Backlot Tour will probbably be affected since it takes place all outside. I feel sorry for you that it is raining! I hat going to WDW when it's raining.

dkrfla

Original Poster
Thanks for your help. Is The Little Mermaid, Beauty and The Beast and Playhouse Disney Live indoors or are they outside? Also is the new stunt show running tomorrow?

Thanks again
Dkrfla

STGRhost

With the exception of the attractions already mentioned (Stunt shows, tram tour, parade, Fantasmic) pretty much everything is indoors. It's actually a great rainy-day park!

sorta off topic :lookaroun : the last few posts remind me of the first time my family realized just how BIG WDW is. We had spent the morning at MK, where it drizzled and then rained, harder and harder, until we finally broke down and got ponchos. We left MK to go to Epcot (still EPCOT Center then :animwink: ) by Momorail. When we arrived, it was sunny...and DRY. It didn't seem to have rained all day. In fact, with our wet ponchos still on, people were looking at us like we were aliens or something. My mom thought it was "Disney Magic" at work (parents are so cute! :lol: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom