MGM news

Sean23

When I was at MGM on friday the great movie ride was closed, but the CM said it would be reopen on Sunday.

GrinningGhost

Yes it did in fact open on Sunday...does anyone know what was changed? I admit, I didn't notice anything different on Sunday - I don't ride it very often tho...

DisneyHog6

Yep, no changes, just cosmetic touch ups. If there had been changes made to the actual ride, then it would have been closed much longer. Who knows, maybe they will update this one someday... I won't hold my breath... :snore:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by TiggerDaddy
Is it MGM of Disney Studios Florida? I can't keep up with it anymore.

only one Disney park in the world w/ MGM in the title...

Terp02

Ok I just thought of this........

Imagine if Disney and MGM kept the pact and put in some new, MGM movie themed rides. The only one I can think of is James Bond. How awesome would it be to have a James Bond ride at the Studios. That would rule!

kaos

Originally posted by Terp02
Ok I just thought of this........

Imagine if Disney and MGM kept the pact and put in some new, MGM movie themed rides. The only one I can think of is James Bond. How awesome would it be to have a James Bond ride at the Studios. That would rule!

2001: A Space Oddessy... That would be another great MGM ride

BigAL

?

What Studio owns the rights or produced James Bond? They alerady have James Bond simulator rides at the Paramount parks. At least they did at Kings Island a few years ago when I went.

SykedOwt

Originally posted by disneydudette
I do have a shot glass that only says disney studios.....

:veryconfu :veryconfu

Thats Because they sometimes shorten it to MGM-Studios or Disney Studios, But the Full Name is Infact Disney's MGM Studios.

disneychamp

James Bond is owned by MGM (UA is part of MGM), though a company called Danjak (may be wrong spelling) is also involved. I believe they represent the family of the author who created the character.

kaos

Originally posted by SykedOwt

Thats Because they sometimes shorten it to MGM-Studios or Disney Studios, But the Full Name is Infact Disney's MGM Studios.

I was there in 99 and again in 2000 when the argument between Disney and MGM was going on. The Earful Tower had the MGM part blocked off, and the MGM was removed from the arch going into the backlot tour area.. When I was there in July of 2000, both MGM logo's were back. There is stock footage running around made by Disney for park promotions that you can see the MGM being "whited-out" on the water tower.

Bdis86

Account Suspended
Sorry buddy, that's just the magic of Digital Editing in the Vacation Planning Videos. lol. As for the entire story, Rumor has it that the name of the park will change from it's current "Disney-MGM Studios" to "Walt Disney Studios." Hence the removal of the great movie ride, the only attraction in the park that has anything to do with MGM at all. Indiana Jones and Star Wars are Lucas Films, not MGM. :) There is nothing else in the park having to do with MGM, unless you count the Sci-Fi movies that are played at the Sci-Fi dine-in theater. Plus, the Hat was built which shows that the park is trying to get a larger Disney Feel to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom