MGM News

freediverdude

MGM

I was just at MGM studios last Sunday (June 30 2002), and both "Sounds Dangerous" and the new ABC fall lineup show were both there in side by side theatres. So Sounds Dangerous has not been closed for this new show. Hope that clears up any worries.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Well thats good to hear:) as I have fond memories of that show.
Including an ocassion during the show when i removed my phones in the dark to scrtach an ear only to hear someone sat near by pass wind really loudly. I often wondered if anyone else shared this hidden delight

JJHale

OK ... My first post - so be nice. Our family will be going in mid August. Does anyone have any details on the ABC fall lineup show? Did I miss it earlier in this thread? I loved the old Superstar Television. I was actually selected one time to be AL in the Home Improvement segment. It would be great if this new attraction is similar. Thanks!

:D :sohappy:

TinkerBell9988

I kinda like that idea... That ABC Soundstage area (Former Doug Live!) is going to waste, and it is such a great theatre. I hope this is gonna be good!!:animwink:

LRV3400

Sounds Dangerous is NOT just stereo!

It is much more complex than stereo or even surround sound. Both of those technologies try to recreate the sounds found ARROUND a person using various speaker set ups.

The technology in the Sounds Dangerous show instead recreates the sounds found WITHIN the human ear canal. This is done by putting two microphones embedded within a full size human dummy. The result is that you record the actual sound waves that the human eardrums receive, not the sounds a mic on a long boom hears. Because of the way our bodies reflect sound as it travels around our heads and torsos this method of recording produces a amazingly lifelike sensation that ONLY works when using headphones. If the show used speakers it would sound very strange.

Sorry I don't recall the actual name of the tecnique but I did read about it on the internet.

MKingdom25

Re: Sounds Dangerous is NOT just stereo!

Originally posted by LRV3400
It is much more complex than stereo or even surround sound. Both of those technologies try to recreate the sounds found ARROUND a person using various speaker set ups.

The technology in the Sounds Dangerous show instead recreates the sounds found WITHIN the human ear canal. This is done by putting two microphones embedded within a full size human dummy. The result is that you record the actual sound waves that the human eardrums receive, not the sounds a mic on a long boom hears. Because of the way our bodies reflect sound as it travels around our heads and torsos this method of recording produces a amazingly lifelike sensation that ONLY works when using headphones. If the show used speakers it would sound very strange.

Sorry I don't recall the actual name of the tecnique but I did read about it on the internet.

Thanks for the info LRV3400. I have always enjoyed this attraction and when this thread started, I thought Sounds Dangerous was more than just surround sound!

JLW11Hi

I wouldn't get to distressed about th eold theater going to waste. The ABC show going on right now is only temporary, and Disney is probably already planning what to replace it with after fall comes.

Is it true that there is a whole section of the theater that is not currently being used? If that is so, they could be doing work behind it while the current ABC show is going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom