MGM - Movie Ride

LuLaSue

Original Poster
Well pardon me. :veryconfu I thought that is what these boards were about! No, not starting rumors... but, communicating what one may have heard from a source inside Disney.

doop

Well pardon me. :veryconfu I thought that is what these boards were about! No, not starting rumors... but, communicating what one may have heard from a source inside Disney.
No pardoning necessary, you're right, despite what source it might be, they still, however slim the chance is, may be right. And the fun is to discuss and express eachothers opinions on the topic if it indeed WERE to happen, despite how "unrealistic" it may be.

Slipknot

We were chit chatting with a CM in MGM and he metioned that the Movie Ride was to undergo a refurb. He said most of the ride would be staying the same but, the segment from the movie Alien would be taken out and replaced with a scene from Pirates of the Carribean.

Interesting. Were you talking with a CM who works at GMR or not, because I work there and haven't heard that at all.

Slowjack

People like the Alien scene?

I'm surprised to hear so many people express affection for the Alien section. I really like the Alien movie, and I agree that it's cool to have a sci-fi film represented, but I've always thought the section was poorly done. Ripley doesn't look right (unlike Sigourney Weaver, the figure is short and stocky), and is barely animated. The alien himself makes no impact -- the first time I rode with my wife, I think she missed him altogether. Compared to how lively most of the other scenes are, it just feels like something is missing. I think part of the problem is that Alien is an R-rated horror film appearing in a G rated family ride. So they were probably forced to tone down the overall sense of foreboding, which is what makes the Alien film what it is.

That said, putting a PotC section in the GMR is just silly. I don't see it happening, but if it did...well, it's just nuts.

Epcot82Guy

No pardoning necessary, you're right, despite what source it might be, they still, however slim the chance is, may be right. And the fun is to discuss and express eachothers opinions on the topic if it indeed WERE to happen, despite how "unrealistic" it may be.

I agree. You cited your source directly and posted it as a rumor.

It is an intriguing one at that. I have long thought GMR needs and update, but it's a tough one. It perhaps suffers from Epcot-itis where it gets stagnant very quickly and only the ending gets updated. That begs the question whether the attraction needs a slightly different premise. Instead of focusing on individual films, I really like the idea of completely highlighting the genres. There are some that are underrepresented; others that are not. But, while that concept is there, it certainly could be more centralized.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
why dont they just cut the crappy animatronic scenes and go straight to a longer movie snipit piece at the end. They could then use the building for something worth while and save the hastle for the CM who has to pretend to act to a largely uninterested and unapreceative audience.

Oh and I thought Boaggie was slang for snot..well nearly right.

MuRkErY

And FWIW, while i've experienced my fair share of bored GMR CM's from the college program going through the motions (who probably don't even know who James Cagney is)

Errr what. Why are you dissing CP's.

Let me tell you this, most CP's are better than the regular CM's because they have not become as embittered with the company. Their are some great regular CM's but there are many great CP CM's, some of the best CM's at GMR are from the CP so I have no idea what you are on about their.

Ever been to Tower Of Terror ? Most of the Bell Hops are CP's.

mkepcotmgmak

Let me tell you this, most CP's are better than the regular CM's because they have not become as embittered with the company. Their are some great regular CM's but there are many great CP CM's, some of the best CM's at GMR are from the CP so I have no idea what you are on about their.

at this point - there would probably be no GMR or many other attractions without the CP...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Are the CMs at the MK OK, The VP told me as a VC I was late for my FP at COP and that having an AP was NG for MNSSHP.

Tim G

We were chit chatting with a CM in MGM and he metioned that the Movie Ride was to undergo a refurb. He said most of the ride would be staying the same but, the segment from the movie Alien would be taken out and replaced with a scene from Pirates of the Carribean.

:rolleyes: :D :lol:

dvitali

Leave Alien in but take out the Indianna Jones and the Temple of Doom sketch because that is the worst acting of the entire ride. Plus there is enough Indianna Jones already at MGM. Since they have rope there for the Cast member swing across that would be great place for them to swing from a pirate ship to another pirate ship if they put in POTC.

rljackson

I would definately miss the Alien section of the ride myself, that and the Indiana Jones portion of the ride are my favorite. However, I did notice during my last trip that this section really scared some of the little kids on the tram. Maybe they want to tone it down a bit to make it more friendly to the little ones. Personally, if they change something I would like to see the Tarzan portion replaced with a Lord of the Rings section if the rights issue could be worked out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom