MGM - Indiana Jones / Stunt Show Times

nolatron

Original Poster
For those recently back from MGM, do yall recall the show times for these two shows?

I'm hoping they both have pre 11am shows because we're leaving at noon to meet friends for lunch/golf/dinner that day.

Thanks!!

Peaches Magee

Seems they change week to week, but from the times I got when I was there on Sunday the 16. (And this runs from Dec 16-22)

The times are 11:30, 12:45, 2:00, 4:00, 5:15 and 7:15 (on Sunday only)

But these I am sure change... :shrug:

echoscot

For those recently back from MGM, do yall recall the show times for these two shows?

I'm hoping they both have pre 11am shows because we're leaving at noon to meet friends for lunch/golf/dinner that day.

Thanks!!

That is going to be really tight. The first Indy show is usually aroun 10:00 and from the preshow casting to the end is around 40 minutes long.

echoscot

Seems they change week to week, but from the times I got when I was there on Sunday the 16. (And this runs from Dec 16-22)

The times are 11:30, 12:45, 2:00, 4:00, 5:15 and 7:15 (on Sunday only)

But these I am sure change... :shrug:

Those are Indy times? You are right, they do change it varies from 5-6-7-10 shows per day depending on a lot of factors.

I don't know how LMA works there show times, but when i was there they were predominantly in the afternoon because of being in the back of the park.

Captain Hank

For today, the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular has showtimes at 11:30, 12:45, 2:00, 4:00 and 5:15. Today, the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show has showtimes at 1:20 and 4:15.

Peaches Magee

Those are Indy times? You are right, they do change it varies from 5-6-7-10 shows per day depending on a lot of factors.

I don't know how LMA works there show times, but when i was there they were predominantly in the afternoon because of being in the back of the park.

Yeah I took it right off the showtimes sheet from the park for this past Sunday. We saw the 11:30 show... and it hasn't changed a bit in the many years since I last saw it, other than all new people and those over-acting "extras" :lookaroun
But was the first time my son saw it, and he loved it, gotta get him into Indy now.

wannabeBelle

Anytime!!!! Steve Soares' site is a great source of information!!! It is updated weekly when the schedules come out. Hope this helps!! Belle

nolatron

Original Poster
For today, the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular has showtimes at 11:30, 12:45, 2:00, 4:00 and 5:15. Today, the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show has showtimes at 1:20 and 4:15.

Ah shucks. Based on those times, we may be not be in the park for any of the shows. We may have to squeeze MGM in the following day then.

Thanks for the info. This will help with the planning.

And excellent link! Thanks!

I3olTz

hehe i saw indy stunt show 6x this weekend.. i have a problem i know, but anyways yea the times usually are they same as always 11:30,12:45,2:00,4:00,5:15 the only thing that was different was the show at 7:15 on Sundays WHICH I MISSED! i wanted to see the show at night. because the rain/cold weather the show was changed in little ways, at the final plane scene the big german mechanic wasn't killed by the propellers of the plane, he and indy fought all the way out to where the german truck comes out and he was shot up by marien in the plane (cant spell ) I was talking to some of the stunt guys and they told me the "box" he falls into was full of water...it was intresting to see that. also, this i have seen before, when indy and marien jump from the plane the fire is supposed to cause the explosion but instead the gunner from the german truck got back up and shot at the plane to make it explode, indy shot him on the run.....its pretty cool to see "plan b" .

echoscot

hehe i saw indy stunt show 6x this weekend.. i have a problem i know, but anyways yea the times usually are they same as always 11:30,12:45,2:00,4:00,5:15 the only thing that was different was the show at 7:15 on Sundays WHICH I MISSED! i wanted to see the show at night. because the rain/cold weather the show was changed in little ways, at the final plane scene the big german mechanic wasn't killed by the propellers of the plane, he and indy fought all the way out to where the german truck comes out and he was shot up by marien in the plane (cant spell ) I was talking to some of the stunt guys and they told me the "box" he falls into was full of water...it was intresting to see that. also, this i have seen before, when indy and marien jump from the plane the fire is supposed to cause the explosion but instead the gunner from the german truck got back up and shot at the plane to make it explode, indy shot him on the run.....its pretty cool to see "plan b" .

It's cool that you have seen those changes, believe me there are a LOT more variations to that show depending on different things...

I3olTz

yea ive seen more then just that, but thats what i saw this weekend, i love that show, i see it so much the stunt guys recognize me, one time the indy at that time (jeff Robinson) took me my bro and my dad back stage after a showing and showed us all the backstage stuff, i was on top of the cario set where the guy with the gun falls off. its very cool back there and its very interesting.

echoscot

yea ive seen more then just that, but thats what i saw this weekend, i love that show, i see it so much the stunt guys recognize me, one time the indy at that time (jeff Robinson) took me my bro and my dad back stage after a showing and showed us all the backstage stuff, i was on top of the cario set where the guy with the gun falls off. its very cool back there and its very interesting.

I know Jeff Robinson well, he is very nice guy and very talented Indy double. You had a great tour guide.

So do you want to be a stuntman?

A lot of the guys from that show go on to do real stunts in films like Pirates of the Caribbean, Spiderman, LOTR and others.

I3olTz

So do you want to be a stuntman?

thats what they all ask lol, i wish i could do what they do but they have been doing gymnastics since they were little and im probably to old to learn. that would be an awesome job. wow i didn't know they did stuff like that but i wouldn't doubt it, there good lol

echoscot

thats what they all ask lol, i wish i could do what they do but they have been doing gymnastics since they were little and im probably to old to learn. that would be an awesome job. wow i didn't know they did stuff like that but i wouldn't doubt it, there good lol

That depends,

Todd Warren was already working for the company in another division, and decided he wanted to learn the show, so he trained up and auditioned for Indy. Took a couple tries then he got it, he was in his mid 20s when he started training.

He is Tim Allen's stunt double for films like The Santa Claus

Trent Brya started on the CP as a custodial, then went to attractions, then decided he wanted to audition and began training for it.

There are other factors, like height and there are type-outs

The Tumblers usually have a gymnastics background, or at least a martial arts background. They have them do all kinds of routines and if they are hired, they usually learn stage combat at the show.

There are some good stunt schools near Orlando where you can learn some of the skills.

EDIT: Let me add that Jeff is a very good teacher so if you are interested he can point you in the right direction if you get to talk to him.

I3olTz

hmm interesting.... i see how the "tumblers" always are switching roles like car driver machine gunner ect, but i see that when your indy he is either playing indy role or is acting as like the stunt coordinator or something in that area...i always watch the other backstage people that like film and movie the sets that looks like somthing i could do lol i would have fun just being there every day, but is that like a full time job? moving big sets and pretending to film, they dont act or switch roles. and yea whne i was there this weekend jeff wasnt there so i asked one of the stunt guys who were standing around he told me he was going around the county with his martial arts program.

echoscot

hmm interesting.... i see how the "tumblers" always are switching roles like car driver machine gunner ect, but i see that when your indy he is either playing indy role or is acting as like the stunt coordinator or something in that area...i always watch the other backstage people that like film and movie the sets that looks like somthing i could do lol i would have fun just being there every day, but is that like a full time job? moving big sets and pretending to film, they dont act or switch roles. and yea whne i was there this weekend jeff wasnt there so i asked one of the stunt guys who were standing around he told me he was going around the county with his martial arts program.

The "guys pretending to film" and wearing headsets are the Stage Techs for the show. They do switch a lot also, but that depends on which positions they are trained for. There are 16 tech positions in the show, so the more positions you know, the more you get to move around. You need to have some technical experience to be hired as a stage tech, and you can get that at many schools in the area.

There are also 16 performer positions. Some are just actors like the Director and the Assistant Director. Others are the stunt positions, like Indy, Marion, the Giant and the tumblers. In order to get a break, they learn different roles that are less physically demanding that they can rotate into. Indy usually also does the Director of Photography, Marion does the Slate Girl or Casting Director, the tumblers have a couple of simpler positions to rotate into as well. The Giant does Boom Boom, the explosives expert.

I3olTz

the stage techs would be somthing i would be interested in doing, for the past like 3 years ive seen the same woman doing the same job (rolls the ball back, then move one of the huge sets back) ive seen her in the same position for years. So how do you have so much info about the show? used to work there, friend/ relative worked there?

echoscot

the stage techs would be somthing i would be interested in doing, for the past like 3 years ive seen the same woman doing the same job (rolls the ball back, then move one of the huge sets back) ive seen her in the same position for years. So how do you have so much info about the show? used to work there, friend/ relative worked there?

Yes, I used to work there. And I know the woman you are talking about, she is trained on only two positions, both of the camera operators.

If you go to DisneyAuditions.com website, there is a special section for WDW stage Techs. You need to get a decent resume together and send it in. Another route is to go ahead and get hired into the company in any role what soever, and then internally route a resume and talk with the techs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom