MGM Dining Question

Cinderella1976

Hi everyone - I need some help deciding between the 50's Prime Time Cafe or the Sci-Fi for dinner for our next trip. I know I have plenty of time to make a decision, but I would like to hear your input/experiences. I will be traveling with my DH and three daughters ages 11, 5, & 4. Thank you.

Cinderella1976

Original Poster
Wow everyone - thanks for all the advice. I'm still not sure which one to choose, but like I said before, I have PLENTY of time. You all have such good points to consider. Maybe I will let my family decide.

Upvote 0

pacochran

Most has been said before, but my opinion, the Sci-Fi has great atmosphere (so does prime time, but feel Sci-Fi is a little better), but to me the food is like your eating at a burger place, which is alright if that is what you want. Prime Time is more of a sit down nicer dinner place. Everytime we've gone I've gotten the pot roast, feel it's out of this world. If it's a nice dinning experience you are going for my vote would be Prime Time.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well its a tough call. We have done both. Our girls prefer the Sci-Fi and our last meal at 50's was alright, not great, but not terrible either. If you go to Sci-Fi you can ask to not be in a "car" It still looks like a car but it has table and chairs instead of booth seats so that everyone can visit.

You might consider doing 50's for a meal (lunch or early dinner) and then setting up a late seating having a dessert at Sci-Fi. This way you get to experience both in one day and dont have the expense of two sit down meals (besides at Disney thats more food than many can eat!).

Upvote 0

jonesenon4

:sohappy: we have eaten at sci-fi several times for lunch and dinner . my family and i much prefer the lunch over the dinner. we were very disappointed with dinner our last trip and swore we would'nt eat dinner there again although we do love the atmosphere. as far as 50's primetime cafe we have'nt ate there but i would give it a try over sci-fi for dinner. have a great trip.:sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

pinkmomy71

I have never eated at 50's (will be trying it this year Dec 1-8 2007), but my girls(ages 10 & 11) absolutely LOVE Sci-FI. Infact they told me they would try 50's only on the condition that we still go to Sci-Fi.

Upvote 0
We usually try to eat as both, seeing as how they're our favorites. We used to love Brown Derby, but it's gotten even more expensive in the past 5 years, and has some food that even my Dad, a world traveler, will not touch.

PT50's - if you want, go early and ask Auntie Whoever at the desk to seat you in a section with a waiter/waitress she knows will be fun...the lady last time told us it was great that we wanted her opinion and she sat us with one waiter, back to back sections with his best friend who basically gave eachother crap the entire time...we were laughing so hard we were in tears.

Side Note: Food, not the greatest, but dessert for kids is great.

Sci-Fi - There's nothing like seeing the kids' eyes the first time they walk into that restaurant. And them sitting in the car is hysterical to watch. But it's true - harder to communicate and control the situation when two or three are in front or back, and Mom and Dad are in the middle. If you do go, and the girls are a bit rowdy, get a "car" that's actually a table. If they're good kids though, nothing to worry about. Get a car :~)

Side Note: Food, also not the greatest. The two places are meant for their atmosphere.

Have a great time - you know your kids best, so asking them seems like a great idea! HAVE FUN!!

~Amy~:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom