MGM Building Theme Park in South Korea

duckburg85

Original Poster
MGM plans to build a $1-million theme park in South Korea to be named MGM Studio City, Britain's Guardian newspaper reported today (Wednesday). The newspaper said that the park will be built on land provided by the port city of Pusan and is expected to open in 2011. The complex, it said, will include a film academy with movie sets and an entertainment school, leisure facilities, shopping centers, restaurants, and accommodation.

I know it is MGM and not Disney, but interesting to see how MGM would make there own park. I don't understand the stating the $1-million, which is extremely low for a modern theme park. I researched it after i found it on IMDB.com knowing that wasn't the best source. I found a article on Forbes.com ( http://www.forbes.com/business/feeds/afx/2006/03/14/afx2595108.html)

Pongo

ONE million?

Disney spent one HUNDRED million on a mountain, let alone a whole theme park. There are HOUSES down the street from me that cost more than that. One million can't be right.

It doesn't really sound like a theme park to me. More of a film school/mall combination :veryconfu

shoppingnut

Yes $1 million does seem low, but in other countries where things are less costly to build it might be more equivalent to $5-10 million or more.

peter11435

shoppingnut said:
Yes $1 million does seem low, but in other countries where things are less costly to build it might be more equivalent to $5-10 million or more.
Even 5-10 million would be very low.

duckburg85

Original Poster
i know, it must be a mistake. Even in other countries it could not make a theme park, well a "good" theme park.

splitdrums81

yea id have to agree on that being a mistake even with the change from US to Korea just because of all the complexs they plan to build also, seems wayyyy to low to me.

TLandGuy

There have been many rumors going around about a park in Korea for sometime now but my thought on this one is i will only believe it when i see it.

Tim G

Building EPCOT alone was estimated $1.2 BILLION, and had an overrun of several hundred million dollars.

So you NOW (2006) you would build a theme park, for at least that amount, not just a few million dollars...

walt

duckburg85 said:
MGM plans to build a $1-million theme park in South Korea to be named MGM Studio City, Britain's Guardian newspaper reported today (Wednesday). The newspaper said that the park will be built on land provided by the port city of Pusan and is expected to open in 2011. The complex, it said, will include a film academy with movie sets and an entertainment school, leisure facilities, shopping centers, restaurants, and accommodation.

I know it is MGM and not Disney, but interesting to see how MGM would make there own park. I don't understand the stating the $1-million, which is extremely low for a modern theme park. I researched it after i found it on IMDB.com knowing that wasn't the best source. I found a article on

Forbes.com ( http://www.forbes.com/business/feeds/afx/2006/03/14/afx2595108.html)

NO NO NO ITS 1 BILLION CHECK ON www.coasterbuzz.com

duckburg85

Original Poster
oh take that Forbes! I guess you could build decent a park for 1 billion, maybe if you just take rides that existed in other parks from around the world! then you might have something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom