Mexico Goes Digital

Except for Soarin, correct? The common excuse is that there isn't a digital projector that works for the screen format.

A digital IMAX projector was released in 2008. Supposedly it cant yet equal the resolution of film though after about a month of getting dusty I cant imagine there would be much difference. Soarin's films are DIRTY.

raven

A digital IMAX projector was released in 2008. Supposedly it cant yet equal the resolution of film though after about a month of getting dusty I cant imagine there would be much difference. Soarin's films are DIRTY.

Soarin' also isn't a typical IMAX screen. It's curved and they need to develope a lense to accomodate for that if they upgrade to digital IMAX.

SeaCastle

Gran Fiesta Tour is attrocious

I guess I'm in the minority, but I love the Gran Fiesta Tour. For what it is, it gets the job done. Nothing beats sitting on a serene boat drifting past the pyramid and then into a musical ride starring the Three Caballeros. It was a great way to bring some more obscure and forgotten characters into the spotlight whilst maintaining the relevancy of the ride.

Tigger1988

I guess I'm in the minority, but I love the Gran Fiesta Tour. For what it is, it gets the job done. Nothing beats sitting on a serene boat drifting past the pyramid and then into a musical ride starring the Three Caballeros. It was a great way to bring some more obscure and forgotten characters into the spotlight whilst maintaining the relevancy of the ride.

Agreed. We went on it for the first time since the "change" a few months ago. It was the end of a long day and we just wanted to sit for a few minutes, we ended up enjoying it! The original ride was dry and boring, and was something we ALWAYS skipped.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Rode it today...the screens definitely do look very high-res and clear.

As for Impressions de France...I watched it again today...they really should update the movie as well, only about 1/2 of the scenes really need it, but I'm sure the CM's at France are not happy about constantly showing what France looked like 30 years ago instead of today.

dxwwf3

Rode it today...the screens definitely do look very high-res and clear.

As for Impressions de France...I watched it again today...they really should update the movie as well, only about 1/2 of the scenes really need it, but I'm sure the CM's at France are not happy about constantly showing what France looked like 30 years ago instead of today.

MOST of that film doesn't show any age. There are 3 or 4 scenes that could use an update, but that film is such a classic. If/When they do update Impressions, they should absolutely keep the music and narrator and just update some of the visuals. To me, that show is the closest thing to a perfect theme park film as we have.

Horizonsfan

MOST of that film doesn't show any age. There are 3 or 4 scenes that could use an update, but that film is such a classic. If/When they do update Impressions, they should absolutely keep the music and narrator and just update some of the visuals. To me, that show is the closest thing to a perfect theme park film as we have.

It's an incredibly well done production. I'd argue it rivals AA for the most captivating attraction in WS (not that there's that many to compete with but still).

Just to add to what's already been said about it, the seats in the theater need major replacement and the exit street needs to be altered for better exit & shop flow.

Those fixes, plus a film showing the best of modern and historic France would make my day.:D

NewfieFan

Well, I guess I'm in the minority with you! Our whole family loves this ride... we'll usually ride 2 or 3 times during a trip.

CaptainWinter

I'm with you! IdF is my must-do attraction in WS.

Thinking I should put together an iTunes playlist of the soundtrack pieces...maybe someone's already done that...

MiklCraw4d

Agreed... and the things that most need replacing are the things that would be the cheapest to shoot. The people on the beach, the people eating in the fancy restaurants, the people on the TGV, and the drive through Paris. I would say that 80-90% of the film could stay just like it is. A really great film.

SeaCastle

I've listened to the Impressions de France music dozens upon dozens of times. Should they update the film, I really hope they keep the music. The "Clair de Lune" music played while flying over the mountains is cinematic bliss.

MarkTwain

I agree with this. I wouldn't describe the old ride as boring, but there was definitely something a little cheesy about the 1980s footage of a guy dressed as an Aztec dancing in front of a rotating galaxy. The new version adds a layer of fun and character to the attraction's original intent to showcase Mexico's scenery and culture. Unlike other Epcot attractions featuring characters (*ahem* Nemo) the attraction isn't so much character-centered or character-themed, as much it is a country-themed attraction with some characters along for the ride. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom