Mexico & France: New BGM

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Holà & Bonjour from Epcot! While walking around world showcase today we have noticed that France and Mexico are playing new background music. So far we have heard instrumental versions of Remember me and Be Our Guest mixed in with classic music. En route to other countries to see if anymore changed.

Clamman73

It’s cool...think it’ll go well with the new area and the whole vibe of it. France pavilion was getting a little stuffy feeling but with the more open area on the gondola side it’ll be a more fun, open and sunny atmosphere.

SeaCastle

It's the end of an era- the Mexico loop and one of the France loops were both 1982 originals recorded specifically for EPCOT Center if I remember correctly.

The new France loop contains a snippet of a song by Swing 41 that appeared in the soundtrack to the 2011 film Midnight in Paris ("Je Suis Seul Ce Soir"). I've listened to that soundtrack many times - it will be strange to hear it in EPCOT but am looking forward to pestering friends and family with an Owen Wilson "wow" impression everytime we walk around the France pavilion.

ThatMouse

At least it's real instruments playing and not a sampled midi soundtrack replacing main entrance & innoventions or the crappy music replacing the original music from the water pageant - Disney, the creators of Tron & Pixar, brings you, Billy's ProTools mix.

trainplane3

At least it's real instruments playing and not a sampled midi soundtrack replacing main entrance & innoventions or the crappy music replacing the original music from the water pageant - Disney, the creators of Tron & Pixar, brings you, Billy's ProTools mix.
And even then, there's no vocals or anything. While I don't care for having more stuff from movies shoved in the park I think this is fine. It blends into the background nicely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom