Merry Christmas! Parade on TV today

Spectroman17

Original Poster
That was a pretty good show today on ABC with all those stars singing, I liked it much better on TV then when I saw it live Monday. Regis and Kelly were great, and Wayne Brady was awesome, I saw a few changes in the parade then when I saw it live:animwink: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I really liked the parade, too! I will be there at the end of the week for a week myself (Whoo Whee NEW YEARS) and I got a pretty good idea of what to pack to wear weather wise from the people too! Have a wonderful Christmas Day everyone!!

Elaine

Meryy Christmas Parade

I saw it today and imediately when into trance mode putting myself (in mind only) on Main Street in the MK. I could feel the excitement! Some people thought it was just a giant ad for WDW but I soaked up every second of it. I even saw someone that I know in the background watching the parade. Can't wait to get there and experience the MAGIC first hand...27 DAYS YAHOO!!!

wahooskipper

Maybe I am getting older but it seems to be losing its luster. What happened to the days when it was live (or at least partially live)? When I worked there in 1992 I watch the parade from my home in Ft. Lauderdale on Christmas morning and went drove up to Orlando for my shift that began at 2:00.

Did anyone catch the name of the girl who sang with her mother (the original Lil Ophan Annie on Broadway)? That gal had a great voice. She just needed to lose those ugly sunglasses.

DisneyPhD

Remember near the beginning when Wanye Brady had some people do mickey voices? The big guy who did the goffy voice. My husaband say, boy he lookes like the perfect cast memeber for the Haunted Mansion. (A tad scary.) I said, I beat it is Now Inc.

Just kidding Dan, you always joke about how scary you look with your long hair.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought it was great and taped it. Wachted it twice so far (the first time we were opening presents.)

mass99

I also watched the Xmas parade and enjoyed most of it, BUT, I think whoever is in charge of casting should never have chosen some of the girls to play the princess's in the parade float.( I have seen much better looking girls as princess's at the parks) Wondering if it is who you know in management type of thing to get chosen or what. Some of the princes are also looking a little old for their character role. I know talking with my family they were disappointed that for a tv special the princess's shown were not all that good looking. NOT all just some. Some could not even dance. Oh well maybe it is seniority or something. Hopefully they will shoose better next year.

SnowWhite5669

The parade was awesome!! It definately made up my mind that we are spendning next Christmas in Disney especially as the hail, sleet and snow fell last night! It was great to see a piece of every park in the parade.:)

bearboysnc

They usually use this show to premier new attractions. After all the hype during the show, I was dissapointed how little they revealed about Mission Space.

But, over all it was a good show!

I was amazed to see the Riverboat unit with the Brer Animals on it was the Robert E Lee from "America on Parade". That parade opened in 1975, making that float 28 years old!

ahhhh they don't make parades like that anymore.

CREEKWAYNE

I thought the parade was awesome!! :D I thought all of the hosts were good too but at times it just seemed like Regis & Kelly were "reading" instead of talking. Did anyone catch how many times Kelly said someone was cute??:veryconfu I lost count..:brick:

29 days and counting..:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

DisneyPan

Mass99- They choose the princesses from who was cast in the chrstmas parade for the whole season (I think).

I really enjoyed the parade this year. It was less of an actual parade and more like segments of shows/songs, but I liked that. They also got a lot of new costumes this year $$$, and Santa's float was new, too.

I did feel that Mickey and Minnie weren't showcased enough. I miss them...

JTinCT

infomercial much??

I loved the parade, dont get me wrong... BUT how about we tone down the super advertisement for the parks, dvd's, etc.? I thought they took way too much advantage of the free advertising, for god sakes we know the whole show was scripted but still.... did they NEED to plug every DVD available?? come on now,, that makes the company look so cheap:(

WDWFREAK53

I just didn't know if anyone but ME noticed this...when they went to commercial break and showed the aerial view of the MK...you could still see the Skyway running :lol: HELLO...talk about OUTDATED!

COProgressFan

<<I just didn't know if anyone but ME noticed this...when they went to commercial break and showed the aerial view of the MK...you could still see the Skyway running HELLO...talk about OUTDATED!>>

I noticed that too! They were definitely using older footage. The parade was better than the past few years, but I agree that it did seem to be a bigger advertisement than in years past. I think its always been somewhat of a disney ad, but it used to be more like, "wow, look how much fun they're having down in disney world, I want to go," but now it seemed like they were blatantly begging people to visit the parks, buy the dvd's etc.

Nevertheless, it was certainly better than no parade at all!

E.

Elaine

Very Merry Christmas Parade

To wahooskipper---

The women that sang with her daughter was Andrea McCardle-she was Annie many years ago on Broadway...had a great voice then and a great voice now. Her daughter seems to be following in her footsteps. They have done a Christmas show in Atlantic City at the Tropicana for several years and I'm sure a lot of other places. I think not this year though---maybe doing Disney instead.

Michael72688

Of course Disney is going to Advertise, first of all it's free, second look at the crowd watching it, families on Christmas morning, people who just got money/gift certificates to go spend money on DVD's from Disney or to get people down here to the parks, I also noticed the skyway running! I was also a bit dissapointed about the M:S promo, but hey who cares, it was still awsome! :)

DisneyPan

WDWFREAK53 - I noticed that too

I thought it was so funny that skyway was running. I pointed that out to my family. I liked all the aerial shots because you could see beyond guest areas.

MickeyTigg

Originally posted by One Lil Spark
... I will be there at the end of the week for a week myself (Whoo Whee NEW YEARS) and I got a pretty good idea of what to pack to wear weather wise from the people too!

Just to let everyone know....the parade is not actually "live"...it was taped at WDW December 7th (I was there)!!

:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom