Merf NYE @ Epcot (Crowded!)

dxwwf3

I was there and it was NUTS. We still saw everything except UoE, SSE, Test Track, and a few of the WS films. Crazy day though.

dumboflyer

I never left the park from 7am to Now

Where did you stand for the midnight fireworks? I was over between Norway and Mexico, close to the margarita stand. (A great place to see the MGM fireworks.) I saw someone with a WDWMagic T-shirt over there...:sohappy:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Was anyone else up on the FW fountain stage for the 11:40 ROE? :lol: Someone just opened the gate and everyone was going up there (we did too :lookaroun )....a manager came up halfway through the show and told everyone to get off. Great view from there though.

DClarke977

It was only for about an hour but Soarin did peak out at 300 min on New Years Eve and Test Track hit 240 min for a brief period. I spent my entire day there from 7 am - 1:30 am. Still recovering! but HAPPY NEW YEAR every one!

PhilharMagician

It was only for about an hour but Soarin did peak out at 300 min on New Years Eve and Test Track hit 240 min for a brief period. I spent my entire day there from 7 am - 1:30 am. Still recovering! but HAPPY NEW YEAR every one!

5 hr wait. How can people even justify standing in line for 5 hrs for 2 minutes of fun. I personally almost go insane over 20 minutes and i try not to wait more than 30. The pics and the wait times that all of you are posting are amazing. I just might have to try it one time, but arrive a few days before New Years day to experience the crowds and stay at least a week after to enjoy the parks. It looks like a lot of fun with all the DJ's and the parties going on all over the place.

Now is this the first time that Epcot has reached full capacity? Can anyone confirm that the park actually went into some sort of closure.

DClarke977

I heard the following:
Around 5:00 pm the parking lot was closed. I know this because some of my party had to plead to get into the parking lot so they could meet up with me to pick up park tickets that I had mistakenly taken along with me. Some of my family was over at MGM and they were being told by the CM's there that MGM would be the only park open after 6 due to capacity. I never heard if Epcot actually closed due to capacity but for those of you that were there along with me, if sure as heck felt like it had exceeded capacity.

All and all I had a great time!

p.s. Was it just me or did Epcot's New Years fireworks seem to go off a bit early? Either way great show as always!

dxwwf3

Let's put it this way, I've been to Epcot on July 4th and it seemed like there were twice as many people in the park two days ago than when I have been there on the 4th. I know there wasn't actually double the guests, but it sure felt like it.

LeaveALegacyGuy

p.s. Was it just me or did Epcot's New Years fireworks seem to go off a bit early? Either way great show as always!

I think it did. I had the "honor" of having a shift during New Year's at Mouse Gear. A little bit after the fireworks that were shot at midnight, I went back in and the register still says 11:59pm. Other than that, I thought it was a great way to ring in the New Year.

Thanks for the update, but I have a hard time believing that Soarin' was a four hour wait. I would like to take the "China way" to the other side of the park and see the VIP lounge. How do you see this?

"Then and only then will we be truly living with the land."

dxwwf3

Thanks for the update, but I have a hard time believing that Soarin' was a four hour wait.

I saw it posted as a 200 minute wait a couple of times that day. But I spent most of the mid day in World Showcase, so it could have easily gone up to 240 minutes and I wouldn't have been surprised.

It is hard to describe how crazy it was.

JimboJones123

So merf left MK at midnight/1am on the 30th, and made it into Epcot for EMH just after the gates opened at 7:10ish.

Whoo.. It was crowded.

Nemo's line went into the West Breezeway.

After the first illuminations, got diverted into backstage behind China to walk from there all the way to back between Test Track and M:S. Note - the VIP lounge at M:S never got finished - did HP bail out?

And there's big metal parts backstage all labeled "Starship" Earth.

Energy had a 3 show wait, and a line that back up into Wonder's ramp into the pavilion.

Soarin was 4 hours.

Guest Relations for reasons unknown blocked the entrance to the monorail, i didnt venture out of the park to investigate. I assume they were checking resort ID.

I never left the park from 7am to Now :p

Full shows at Impressions de France and American Adventure.

Tapestry puppets were in the park dancing near Soarin as part of a dance party.

Test Track broke. It was the scariest breakdown ever! Ever breakdown in the "near miss" tunnel? Lordy that's dark and scary...

SSE used its full queue plus some and a switch back or two and stil coulnt be contained. It went to over and hour.

Body Wars got up to like 45mins - just outside the main queue hallway thing.

Took photos, not many, but some, will post when i get home... This is what i recall for now :)

Am I the only one who's eyes :eek: popped open?

Did I miss something?

Is there a name change in the works?

I have been lax over the holidays, has this been something talked about for a while?:(

csm

The wait time sign peaks at 210 minutes because that is the wait time from THERE. Being outside the actual queue increases the wait time.

I'm sorry, you're wrong. The wait time was posted on the sign at 240 minutes for quite along time. Yet again I stress, however, that it was not accurate; it was merely the standard Soarin' over-posted wait time to scare people away. That is without a doubt the worst attraction in Florida when it comes to that.

dxwwf3

Yet again I stress, however, that it was not accurate; it was merely the standard Soarin' over-posted wait time to scare people away. That is without a doubt the worst attraction in Florida when it comes to that.

Good points. Even though it was posted at that length, I didn't think that people actually had to wait that long. And yes Soarin' is the world's worst for that. One time last summer the sign said 120 minutes and I was on the ride in about 15. You just have to ride it a few times and sort of look at the line for yourself.

Siege898

Where did you stand for the midnight fireworks? I was over between Norway and Mexico, close to the margarita stand. (A great place to see the MGM fireworks.) I saw someone with a WDWMagic T-shirt over there...:sohappy:

I was standing at that same area, and I also saw someone with a wdwmagic shirt on. It was e4ymod. I probably would have said something except its a bit awkward if you ask me.

basas

I'm sorry, you're wrong. The wait time was posted on the sign at 240 minutes for quite along time. Yet again I stress, however, that it was not accurate; it was merely the standard Soarin' over-posted wait time to scare people away. That is without a doubt the worst attraction in Florida when it comes to that.

Test Track can be just as bad. Actually...WDW as a whole has really gone downhill with regards to reporting accurate wait times. It seems to me 10 years ago (pre-FP) '45 minutes from this point' meant 35-45 minutes, not anywhere between 10-90. I know they don't just 'look at the length of the line' anymore and use those cards, but even Universal seems to post more accurate wait times. I just don't see the point (as was the case for me at MGM recently) of posting everything at 30-45 minutes when in reality, there wasn't one attraction that wasn't a complete walk-on (with seats to spare). MK seems to be the most Conservative with wait times but even they inflate most of them. I don't think Peter Pan or Winnie the Pooh EVER come below 20 on the sign(even if its a walk-on...rare as it is!).

carlosjv

I was at EPCOT and it was terribly crowded. We were on UoE around 9pm and someone a few rows ahead of us passed out and had to be taken out. We were all then evacauted and the ride was down for about an hour. Pretty scary stuff. The lines were long but the DJ stations were awesome. The DJ in Italy was off the hook, anybody know if he is a regular employee at PI?

hey i was on that ride too , it was kreepy to hear everyone yeling for help , poor family bad end of the year , where you was seated i was on the middle back car ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom