Merf NYE @ Epcot (Crowded!)

csm

Wouldn't a small rock travel farther? ;)

Then we're agreed. Two rocks will be thrown. The large rock to cover the wide left/right open spaces and the small rock to cover the forward distance.

We're wasting our time though; there was no one there!

csm

Could you post your picture of the sign? I'd just love to see it that long.:lookaroun :lol:

Anyway- thanks for the reports...looking forward to seeing all the photos!

Send me a private to remind me. I haven't taken any of my pics off my camera at all lately... been majorly slacking. I'll try and get them when I get home from work.

smk

The thing that upsets me the most? All the people in short sleeves and shorts! :brick: I was there last year and it was COLD. Sweatshirt, layers under that and gloves is what we wore in the evenings from Christmas Day on. Thanks again for the pictures, I really do enjoy looking at them!

Hawk4255

After the first illuminations, got diverted into backstage behind China to walk from there all the way to back between Test Track and M:S. Note - the VIP lounge at M:S never got finished - did HP bail out?

The VIP lounge is complete...from what I have been told, that unfinished building was to be some sort of service center for Compaq before HP bought them out (they were the initial sponsor of the attraction, but that changed during construction). HP didn't want it so they had it stopped...and now it sits there unused. There is a bridge that connects the HP lounge and the unused building, it is locked off though.

Sure would make a nice break room :rolleyes: :p

Chape19714

The near miss room is a great place for breakdowns! I've been in that situation before, it's kinda cool, the truck noise is gone soon enough, but the lights periodicly come on and off.

luckyeye13

I was one of the Crowd Control Cast Members at Epcot yesterday and was stationed with a rope in Canada to keep Guests flowing to the right. It was extremely packed, but lots of fun, despite the fact that I had heard so many horror stories about New Year's Eve. For the most part, things flowed smoothly in the World Showcase, except for the 20-30 minute traffic jam at World Showcase Plaza after the first showing of Illuminations, which we learned about from Guests who managed to get through there to make their way to Canada. Once several managers learned about it, the jam was cleared in about five minutes. (Since that apparently isn't a usual trouble spot, no one was posted over there initially.) After the second Illuminations show, all of the rope groups on the France/UK/Canada side, except one, were brought up from their regular spots to the International Gateway to direct traffic there. The remaining group was sent to the World Showcase Plaza to make sure that we didn't have a repeat of what happened earlier. After about 20 minutes, the traffic grew lighter and we were all brought back inside.

Interestingly enough, one of the Guests passing through Canada recognized me as her Monorail pilot from a few days ago and commented on how she was surprised to see me at Epcot and that I must be missed at the Monorail. I explained to her that I used to work at the park and was glad to come back there for the day to help out. Just as the Guests appreciate it when the Cast Members recognize them from visit to visit, Cast Members, too, appreciate when Guests recognize them from visit to visit. Since I pick up Extra Hours in so many different areas, I have had this happen several times and it always is a very nice thing.

Siege898

I was at EPCOT and it was terribly crowded. We were on UoE around 9pm and someone a few rows ahead of us passed out and had to be taken out. We were all then evacauted and the ride was down for about an hour. Pretty scary stuff. The lines were long but the DJ stations were awesome. The DJ in Italy was off the hook, anybody know if he is a regular employee at PI?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was at EPCOT and it was terribly crowded. We were on UoE around 9pm and someone a few rows ahead of us passed out and had to be taken out. We were all then evacauted and the ride was down for about an hour.
The 1200 hundered guests at a time people eater? On New Years Eve? Ouch! Where in the attraction was your car when it stopped? By the sounds of it they had to do a full manual reset; the UoE RCS is rather harsh and unforgiving; if one train has split into the Diorama then all 12 cars need to be driven manually - through the attraction - back to their repo holdings. If your group hasn`t yet split in the diorama the other group will be in formation in Theatre 2; with turntables aligned they just need to drive forward, yours just backwards.

Either way, very time consuming and labour intensive. Not what the park needs on NYE!

Siege898

It was the second to last room. The room where they are exploring the different types of energy and the 2nd round of jeopardy happens. The CM was very scared, I heard it was her second day. Welcome to the wonderful world of being a CM!

pheneix

Last night was amazing out there. It was outraguously busy, but I loved every second of it. This is gonna be a yearly tradition from now on.

DisneySaint

Soarin' wait peaked at 4.5 hours. Lines were in, out, and back into the Land. The wait time sign peaks at 210 minutes because that is the wait time from THERE. Being outside the actual queue increases the wait time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom