Memories of disneyworld past

doombuggie

I Miss

Smart-1 and the rollercoaster creator with the lisping beaver...

the poll show in communicore

I miss the radio channell teklling you about each park as you drove towards the parking booths (an AM station like 1030 AM)

THEMEPARKPIONEER

My greatest memories were when I was really little and starting to remember my Disney experiences. The highlight to me was riding the old journey into imagination and riding thru Dreamfinders masterpiece and the cartoons at the end. I thought it was the greatest thing on the face of the earth. Another memories I had was riding Spaceship Earth and seeing my reflection in the mirrors and getting a little freaked out. Luckily all my favorite things at Magic Kingdom are still there.

fngoofy

the old Odesey restraunt in Epcot. Thats the huge buildinf entering world showcase that hasnt been used in like 12 years. Used to have the baby center there.

Baby center is still there, we just used in in May. They have framed posters on the wall that look like they have been there since opening day.

hth1917

I'm not sure if this bothers anyone as much as it does me, but I REALLY miss El Rio de Tiempo. Maybe it was slighty outdated, but was a relaxing, laid back ride and actually relevant to the pavilion.

I feel the same way. I loved that ride in its original iteration. It was a never-miss for me.

WorldKey

I Miss

Smart-1 and the rollercoaster creator with the lisping beaver...

the poll show in communicore

Loved the poll show - one of the first 'interactive' attractions.

Smart-1 made me think of another thing in Communicore....was it 'The Astuter Computer Revue'? Back then, seeing the big computers (I mean gigantic!) behind the scenes was a thrill to me.....I went on to work as a computer operator at a company later in the 80's.....must have made an impact!

si23

I miss the old Contemporary with the gameroom and movie theatre downstairs. The shops on the 4th floor were more individual and so much better than what's there now.

And I miss Minnie's Minniehuene breakfast at the Polynesian.

And I really miss World of Motion.

But most of all I miss staying in a tower room at the Contemporary for $56 a night. :lol:

yeah i remmber the gameroom was good the new one looks like it been put in a shed i also miss the other wing of the contempory. STUPID bay lake tower

DiPSU224

I miss main street west and all the flowers they used to have there.

I miss the trees at the hub.

One of my favorite family pictures is my parents, sister and I on main street west as a child. I was devastated when they made it an extension of the emporium.

I also miss the trees in the Hub. Not just the trees, but the former atmosphere of the Hub in general. The benches, shade, twinkling lights, etc...it was so much more cozy.

tink2044

Policeman in World of Motion

Someone missed the policeman in World of Motion. Here he is. There is so much that was mentioned that I miss too. I really miss the original music that the attractions had when Epcot 1st opened. The Land is not the same without the Listen to the Land. In Imagination I loved Making Memories. Luckily you still get the music and listen to it.
19821103WorldofMotioninEpcotScan1644.jpg

scbb11Sketch

I miss all of the original pavillions at EPCOT (obviously). I still remember bits and pieces of Horizons and the Wonders of Life. Everything was so dated even when I saw them, but it was kitschy. It was still fun. Too many characters in the rides now.

surfsupdon

Flower Market on Main Street, with all those awesome flower carts.

Completely leveled for another store that sells the same merchandise that can be found at the Emporium....or Frontierland or Epcot or my Resort's lobby for that matter. I miss individualized stores!!!!

pumpkin7

what ever happened to the horse drawn carriages that used to go up and down main street on the tracks? did they get tired of cleaning up the doo doo?

edit; i already asked that lol.

i think the thing i most miss is having the innocense of a child, and not knowing that all the characters were just people in costume.... and going round on the rides and not thinking 'how do they do that?' and just enjoying the experience. but i guess that's not really disneys fault.

BalooChicago

the old Odesey restraunt in Epcot. Thats the huge buildinf entering world showcase that hasnt been used in like 12 years. Used to have the baby center there.

The baby center is still there, and it's like time travel. I don't think they've changed a thing in it since 1982!

puntagordabob

I miss The Tropical Serenade (Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room)...of course many of the other items listed withing these pages are missed by me also.

tomm4004

Horizons, World of Motion, and Journey Into Imagination.

Mike Fink Keelboats, 20,000, Skyway, Timekeeper, Alien Encounter

Superstar Television, Monster Sound Show, Hunchback show

None of these were replaced with anything better - or in some cases anything.

tink2044

The policeman I posted from World of Motion disappeared so I'm reposting him. If someone can tell why my picture disappeared I'd appreciate it.
19821103WorldofMotioninEpcotScan1644.jpg

EPCOT.nut

I miss the double-decker buses that took you around World Showcase. We'd perch ourselves on top facing the front & pretend we were snooty rich people with a chauffeur. We'd even request the Grey Poupon from each other. :lol:

Miss the awesomeness of the original incarnation of JII & the old Imageworks. That was, hands-down, our favorite Epcot Center stop. We coulda spent all day there.

Miss the old-school embroidery machines in the hat shops. Watching sweet ladies man-handle those huge pieces of machinery to produce the swirly-twirly names that made each pair of mouse ears unique & special...yeah...that was the good stuff.

I miss the sky buckets.

I miss the Penny Arcade.

I miss finding unique treasures in the shops in the different areas of the parks and having not seen all the stuff there already...a dozen or more times...:brick:

YEP YEP YEP to all of this. We are so lucky we have these memories to look back on. :king:

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
For those that loved 20K leagues... This site will bring back LOTS of memories...

http://20kride.com/

:eek:

This site is WELL worth checking out... Tons of backstage pics, as well as pictures after the shut down, and what became of the subs and props.

Great stuff, Great memories...Argghhh I get so P.O'd when I see this stuff. I just wish my kids could experience some of this complete awesomeness!!! I know it took a lot of money to run this ride but wasn't\isn't it worth it :brick: ????

Am I just too nostagic!!???

Alektronic

I miss the Cast Member Christmas parties at the Magic Kingdom where it was just open for CM's and their families and everything was free including food and drinks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom