Memories from the old days ........

hooters dude

Banned
Original Poster
Hey guys I've been going to Disney since the mid seventies and it got me thinking of some of the things you don't see anymore. Here's a few (in no particular order) feel free to add any of your own.

# The live band that used to come up out of the floor where cosmic ray now is to perform in the Tomorrowland Terrace.

# The Epcot exhibit on main street (when they were building Epcot)

# Being able to go on the monorail to Epcot while it was being built (obviously you couldn't get off) to view the construction.

# The canoes on the Rivers of America with the corny jokes the skippers would tell while encouraging y'all to move those oars!

# Have a vague recollection of there being some swan shaped boats to be used around the castle waters near Tomorrowland?

# Going to the Disney Village Marketplace with my father and hating it as there was next to nothing there then.

Anything else :wave:

DisneyMusician2

Let's not forget about Food Rocks at the Land! Used to be my favorite show before they closed it down...so much better than the current Circle of Life...

Figment571

They hand a powdered soap before the liquid soap in the parks. I think they changed it after 9/11 due to the risk of someone swapping it with something bad.

But I remember the smell of the original Figment's queue. Also the smell of oranges in HOrizons and the giant IMAX screen, probably because I got stuck there once:lol:. I was always scared of the space ending but my bros always out voted me, I liked the desert one. Sadly I don't remember WOM.

Woah, I just watched the planning video and SSE didn't have the wand. Just a dream though, for the wand to be removed. Check the planning video out though it shows it without the wand:animwink:.

wedway71

I was there in 1971 and man I think my best memories are from the 70s.

Remember when WDW was Magic Kingdom only.

I miss
20k Leagues
Mr Toads Wild Ride
Mickey Mouse Review
***If You Had Wings*****
Mike Fink Keelboats
Mission to Mars

and most of all being a kid and really enjoying the magic of DISNEY.:sohappy:

goofy47

I Miss....

Adventureland Veranda....

236868032.jpg

:(

wedway71

theladybadger

I REALLY miss the old Journey into Imagination Ride when Dreamfinder was still there. I've only been on the new ride once and it just isn't the same without good old Dreamfinder.

CThaddeus

It didn't close for Circle of Life.

It closed to make room for the queue for Soarin.

And Soarin is better than Food Rocks.

I prefer Food Rocks, myself. Soarin' is fine, but it should have been its own pavilion.
My memories are of a Future World I wanted to spend two days or more in...where I felt like I learned something from or was at least inspired by every attraction. Horizons, the original Journey Into Imagination, Wonders of Life, the Innoventions of 1996 (year of my first visit) including Alec Tronic, Food Rocks, the wand-less Spaceship Earth, Ice Station Cool, and all of the other attractions that existed there then are what I remember most fondly when I think about Walt Disney World.
Of course, I also have fond memories of a few other now-extinct attractions - Timekeeper, Dreamflight, the original Tiki Room (fortunately, I can still see it here at Disneyland), Legend of the Lion King, the old Backlot Tour, the old Animation Tour, and the ability to see Graumann's Chinese Theater from the opposite end of Hollywood Boulevard.
I'd have fond memories for World of Motion, too, if I'd ever gotten the chance to visit it before they gutted it for that current snoozefest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom