Memorial Day Weekend.

Figmentation

Alright. I have no choice in the matter when it came to the dates, but I'm going to be down there and staying at the Boardwalk with my parents, for practically free, because of a convention happening there.

Of course, I'm riding along because.. it's free hotel at a Deluxe resort.

I've been to Disney plenty of times before, including some Holidays. Keeping this in mind, me and my Mom have decided on only visiting the parks the Thursday and Friday BEFORE Memorial day weekend.

I'm looking to see how busy it actually gets Thursday/Friday- Saturday will be spent most likely wandering the Boardwalk and visiting Disney Springs. Sunday we head back home.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We've done that weekend as our SW weekend, but alas, no more SW weekends. :arghh::arghh::arghh:. It will be warm, very warm. Okay, hot. And crowded. But not the insane crowds that you get for other holidays and most importantly, no Brazilian tour groups!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Figmentation

Original Poster
We've done that weekend as our SW weekend, but alas, no more SW weekends. :arghh::arghh::arghh:. It will be warm, very warm. Okay, hot. And crowded. But not the insane crowds that you get for other holidays and most importantly, no Brazilian tour groups!!!!!!!!

We're avoiding Hollywood Studio's like the plague. It's a Holiday weekend, PLUS half the park will be closed for SWLand construction.

Sorry Studio's but no thanks to any of that... lol

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We're avoiding Hollywood Studio's like the plague. It's a Holiday weekend, PLUS half the park will be closed for SWLand construction.

Sorry Studio's but no thanks to any of that... lol

I'm wondering if the diminished attractions at DHS will mean larger crowds at the other parks that weekend. And if the demise of SWW will impact overall attendance for that weekend since I bet many folks chose that weekend, as we did, for their SWW since it was a holiday weekend.

Upvote 0

Figmentation

Original Poster
I'm wondering if the diminished attractions at DHS will mean larger crowds at the other parks that weekend. And if the demise of SWW will impact overall attendance for that weekend since I bet many folks chose that weekend, as we did, for their SWW since it was a holiday weekend.

Not sure, the crowd calendars in multiple locations will probably end up changing around after this year. SWW def drew in larger crowds. Especially locals.

Epcot: Flower and Garden festival will be over for a few weeks by Memorial Day weekend.
HWS: SSW is now done and over, will have a ton of construction going on. Half the park is compromised due to it
Animal Kingdom: Still construction on Avatar Land and the Night Show, but it isn't really in the way.
Magic Kingdom: Not seeing much in the ways of refurbishments aside from Thunder Mountain. Castle/Rose garden construction is winding down.

It makes me wonder if it'll be less people in general because they don't want to come due to construction/lack of SSW, or if the other parks will be busier. We'll have to see.

The CCalenders will not be helpful this time around.

Upvote 0

Figmentation

Original Poster
...its also the last weekend of the Flower and Garden Show at EPCOT.

Ahh, I looked into that. The last day they say is like May 14th, or around that weekend>
I'm positive most of the stuff will still be up however.

EDIT: Well then, they changed the dates on me.
May 30th now. Huh...

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I am thinking about going Sunday (the day before Memorial Day) and coming home on Thursday.... Will the parks be crowded the whole week or just over the weekend? Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

bee

I've been to WDW for several holidays and near-holidays, including MLK Jr. Day weekend, President's Day weekend, Memorial Day weekend, Vetetans Day, Halloween, Black Friday, the week before Christmas, NYE, and NYD. Compared to the other holidays, Memorial Day isn't so bad. The only one I would absolutely never do again is NYE. Avoid MK on the actual weekend and holiday.

We are going down for MD weekend this year because my wife's birthday falls nearby. I'm a little afraid of Epcot crowds since the end of F&G will coincide with MD weekend, but we will try the strategy of hitting the food kiosks between 11 and 12 right after WS opens.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

I've been to WDW for several holidays and near-holidays, including MLK Jr. Day weekend, President's Day weekend, Memorial Day weekend, Vetetans Day, Halloween, Black Friday, the week before Christmas, NYE, and NYD. Compared to the other holidays, Memorial Day isn't so bad. The only one I would absolutely never do again is NYE. Avoid MK on the actual weekend and holiday.

We are going down for MD weekend this year because my wife's birthday falls nearby. I'm a little afraid of Epcot crowds since the end of F&G will coincide with MD weekend, but we will try the strategy of hitting the food kiosks between 11 and 12 right after WS opens.

Won't be hard to do... We're Epcot junkies lol Thanks for the insight!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom