Trip Report Mele Kalikimaka WDW Adventure 2015-COMPLETED

Aloha! My name is Len and this is my first trip report here in a forum. I've been an avid Disney park fan for most of my life, but have never visited any of the locations during the Christmas season. My wife and I, along with some friends, were finally able to rectify that this past year. Come along as you take the journey with us from Hawaii to far off Orlando. I'll be stopping off for a bit at Universal Studios first to take a look at the Harry Potter attractions. If you stick with me, I promise we'll get to Walt Disney World in good time. Before I begin, I wanted to share with you one of my first photos from the Magic Kingdom after closing...

sheriffwoody

LOVE LOVE LOVE your report! I've been reading over the last few days and have had so many comments...unfortunately I've forgotten them all :p. Mostly just want to say that I loved the report and the pictures. It almost makes me want to take all my gear to the parks! Almost...

All the pictures of your adorable wife were great, and I really enjoyed seeing the cast member photos. Thanks for sharing this great trip with us! It's got me extra excited for my next one.

Juneau Biscuits

Original Poster
Fantastic report and pictures!

Mahalo @gsrjedi!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your report! I've been reading over the last few days and have had so many comments...unfortunately I've forgotten them all :p. Mostly just want to say that I loved the report and the pictures. It almost makes me want to take all my gear to the parks! Almost...

All the pictures of your adorable wife were great, and I really enjoyed seeing the cast member photos. Thanks for sharing this great trip with us! It's got me extra excited for my next one.

Thank you @sheriffwoody! Envious of your upcoming trip. I say bring your gear...:D! I would love to see photos from a professional (and maybe get some pointers). Hope you have a great time!

sheriffwoody

Thank you @sheriffwoody! Envious of your upcoming trip. I say bring your gear...:D! I would love to see photos from a professional (and maybe get some pointers). Hope you have a great time!
Oh mine wouldn't be anywhere near as good as yours! I can shoot weddings all day, but scenic shots are a whole other beast. I really admire all you guys who can make these gorgeous, gallery-worthy photos. I usually bring my small fuji xe2 to the parks with a little 27mm lens. It's limiting, but it's easy to tote around ;) I'm getting ready to start a trip report from January, so you'll be able to see a few shots from that little camera! It's really pretty decent as long as lighting conditions are ok.

KikoKea

Aloha! Loved your pictures and notes. We've been to WDW many times, but never Uni so I found your report interesting. We're leaving Paradise :( next year for the Orlando area, but my consolation is that I'll have the Kingdom nearby...but no malasadas.

Juneau Biscuits

Original Poster
Oh mine wouldn't be anywhere near as good as yours! I can shoot weddings all day, but scenic shots are a whole other beast. I really admire all you guys who can make these gorgeous, gallery-worthy photos. I usually bring my small fuji xe2 to the parks with a little 27mm lens. It's limiting, but it's easy to tote around ;) I'm getting ready to start a trip report from January, so you'll be able to see a few shots from that little camera! It's really pretty decent as long as lighting conditions are ok.

Looking forward to your report @sheriffwoody! I admire wedding photographers...I would be too stressed thinking I might miss a ton of irreplaceable moments o_O

Aloha! Loved your pictures and notes. We've been to WDW many times, but never Uni so I found your report interesting. We're leaving Paradise :( next year for the Orlando area, but my consolation is that I'll have the Kingdom nearby...but no malasadas.

Thank you for the nice comments @KikoKea! Are you on the island of Oahu? Sorry you're leaving the islands, but Orlando is not too shabby! No malasadas is a bummer, but think of the churros at your beck and call....

KikoKea

[QUOTE="Thank you for the nice comments @KikoKea! Are you on the island of Oahu? Sorry you're leaving the islands, but Orlando is not too shabby! No malasadas is a bummer, but think of the churros at your beck and call....[/QUOTE]
Yep, fighting traffic and the rail construction. Leaving is our decision- we need to be closer to elderly moms on the East Coast and where housing is no so expen$ive. You know, I've never eaten a churro!

Juneau Biscuits

Original Poster
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to share these images from my trip up to Mauna Kea Summit this past Monday. It's no Disney World, but being up at an elevation of 13,800 feet above sea level is surely "E-Ticket" worthy. This mountain is considered the #1 prime viewing spot for astronomy. The newest telescope is a joint venture between several countries and will cost in excess of one billion dollars!

Mauna Kea Summit 03:2016 02 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Mauna Kea Summit 03:2016 03 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Maunakea Summit 03:2016 by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

"The Shadow of Mauna Kea" by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

Mauna Kea Summit 03:2016 08
by Juneau Biscuits, on Flickr

KikoKea

You mean the telescope that the protesters blocked? Not sure if it will actually be built. (Don't get me started on the Superferry!)

Mauna Kea is truly an inspiring place and those are beautiful photos, Juneau Biscuits. VNP is our favorite place in Hawaii, for sure!

LisaBelle

Finally got caught up with your report. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful report with all of us. As mentioned by so many others, your photos were amazing. I especially loved your photos of the cast members. What an amazing idea and a great tribute to the hard working cast members who bring us all so much happiness! I will definitely follow along on any of your future trip reports.

Juneau Biscuits

Original Poster
Oh my goodness! Those pictures of Mauna Kea Summit are amazing. They look like pictures out of a sci-fi movie. Very cool !!!

Would fit right in on the movie screen at Sci-Fi Dine In...right @MinnieM123?

You mean the telescope that the protesters blocked? Not sure if it will actually be built. (Don't get me started on the Superferry!)

I was told that if the issue isn't resolved by the end of the year, the contractor is going to start looking at different locations. Super ferry...everytime I have to pay $800.00 to take my two dogs to the Big Island...I get a tear in my eye thinking of that colossal mess up!

Mauna Kea is truly an inspiring place and those are beautiful photos, Juneau Biscuits. VNP is our favorite place in Hawaii, for sure!
Thank you @KikoKea !

Finally got caught up with your report. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful report with all of us. As mentioned by so many others, your photos were amazing. I especially loved your photos of the cast members. What an amazing idea and a great tribute to the hard working cast members who bring us all so much happiness! I will definitely follow along on any of your future trip reports.

Mahalo @LisaBelle! Thanks to you and others, I'm getting my Disney fix until my trip in July.

AmberFaith90

Holy cannoli! Your photos are absolutely breathtaking! My mom and I are contemplating visiting during the Christmas season in 2017, and your photos make me want to go that much more. I look forward to reading your TR in July!

Juneau Biscuits

Original Poster
Holy cannoli! Your photos are absolutely breathtaking! My mom and I are contemplating visiting during the Christmas season in 2017, and your photos make me want to go that much more. I look forward to reading your TR in July!

Thanks @AmberFaith90! I'm so envious that you and your mom might be visiting WDW next Christmas! I hope to get back there at least one more time in this life. And guess what? I maybe heading to Tokyo Disneyland and Disneysea in 2017 for another trip report!

Juneau Biscuits

Original Poster
DH and I are planning for TDL in Fall 2017 so if you visit first I look forward to the report!
Looking at either early in the year or Fall, like you. I want to see the snow sculptures at the Sapporo Snow Festival, but fall would give us more time to plan. How long are you and DH planning to visit TDL?

KikoKea

Looking at either early in the year or Fall, like you. I want to see the snow sculptures at the Sapporo Snow Festival, but fall would give us more time to plan. How long are you and DH planning to visit TDL?
Not sure, but thinking at least 4 days for parks. Sapporro festival has been a dream of mine for years but we never went- kept saying 'maybe next year.'. We are moving to Fla this winter so don't have firm plans yet. Visiting each Disney park is on our bucket list. :p

Juneau Biscuits

Original Poster
Not sure, but thinking at least 4 days for parks. Sapporro festival has been a dream of mine for years but we never went- kept saying 'maybe next year.'. We are moving to Fla this winter so don't have firm plans yet. Visiting each Disney park is on our bucket list. :p

4 days sounds about right! I am hoping to do maybe 4-5 days at TDL and 2 days at Universal Osaka before doing some sight seeing in Japan. I hear you, still need to cross Paris DL off the list (still in a wait and see mode for the China parks).

KikoKea

4 days sounds about right! I am hoping to do maybe 4-5 days at TDL and 2 days at Universal Osaka before doing some sight seeing in Japan. I hear you, still need to cross Paris DL off the list (still in a wait and see mode for the China parks).
Not sure about Paris, too...might skip it if situation stays tense over there. We'll give Shanghai at least a couple of years before heading that way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom