Melbourne Disneyland Resort (Project)

MickeyMousketeer

Original Poster
This poor thing was on the second page!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frontierland Part 1
DD--4ogUQAAIuMH.jpg

Frontierland started out as a land that just showcased the wild west as it was in the day. Then came EuroDisneyland with its Frontierland, showcasing a story altogether. The newest Frontierland, the one that I'm showcasing today, combines all the Frontierlands and branch-offs that have surfaced from Disney, from stories, to plain old western village, this Frontierland takes queues from many Frontierlands.

The Story and the S.E.A.
214231-284x426-Black-suit-and-bow-tie.jpg

Around 1923, Samuel Edward Allentown, aged 27, became the youngest S.E.A. (Society of Explorers and Adventures) member. Around this time he was also the wealthiest, getting money from the mines and the mountains around Orange Dust Grove, where our Frontierland is located.

At 24, when he moved out of his parents' house, he built a fine property which sat atop a hill, now known as Deserted Ground Hill. Across the way, the Orange Grove Mines, and the River of Frontiers. He not only owned a mansion and a mining company, but he also owned a paddleboat, which guests could take a ride on.

In the mid-1930s/40s, one mine train hauling ores and such flew off the track, and hurdled towards 46 workers who were also mining. To this day, guests in the land and in the mine can hear the moans and the picks of the miners picking at the mines. At this time, Samuel Allentown lost his riches, and lost his place S.E.A. His personal home became abandoned, and this is where things go dark.

In the midst of all his riches leaving him, Samuel Allentown came back to the abandoned house, where he would break through the window and stay there, forever. He would stay there and die and let his body decompose... and rot.

How does this relate to the 2 main attractions in the land? Well, while riding Orange Dust Grove Runaway Minecarts, you'll be told a story, this story. This version of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad has a much darker tone, as does the rest of Frontierland. When visiting Deserted Ground Manor, you'll continue the end of the story, watching Samuel E. Allentown stay in the abandoned house, visiting the cemetery as well.

The next post, we'll discover the rides and things in and around Frontierland.

Suchomimus

This poor thing was on the second page!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frontierland Part 1
View attachment 299847

Frontierland started out as a land that just showcased the wild west as it was in the day. Then came EuroDisneyland with its Frontierland, showcasing a story altogether. The newest Frontierland, the one that I'm showcasing today, combines all the Frontierlands and branch-offs that have surfaced from Disney, from stories, to plain old western village, this Frontierland takes queues from many Frontierlands.

The Story and the S.E.A.
View attachment 299848

Around 1923, Samuel Edward Allentown, aged 27, became the youngest S.E.A. (Society of Explorers and Adventures) member. Around this time he was also the wealthiest, getting money from the mines and the mountains around Orange Dust Grove, where our Frontierland is located.

At 24, when he moved out of his parents' house, he built a fine property which sat atop a hill, now known as Deserted Ground Hill. Across the way, the Orange Grove Mines, and the River of Frontiers. He not only owned a mansion and a mining company, but he also owned a paddleboat, which guests could take a ride on.

In the mid-1930s/40s, one mine train hauling ores and such flew off the track, and hurdled towards 46 workers who were also mining. To this day, guests in the land and in the mine can hear the moans and the picks of the miners picking at the mines. At this time, Samuel Allentown lost his riches, and lost his place S.E.A. His personal home became abandoned, and this is where things go dark.

In the midst of all his riches leaving him, Samuel Allentown came back to the abandoned house, where he would break through the window and stay there, forever. He would stay there and die and let his body decompose... and rot.

How does this relate to the 2 main attractions in the land? Well, while riding Orange Dust Grove Runaway Minecarts, you'll be told a story, this story. This version of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad has a much darker tone, as does the rest of Frontierland. When visiting Deserted Ground Manor, you'll continue the end of the story, watching Samuel E. Allentown stay in the abandoned house, visiting the cemetery as well.

The next post, we'll discover the rides and things in and around Frontierland.
So you decided to change the name?

MickeyMousketeer

Original Poster
Frontierland Part 2a: Rides and More
pm_m_armitage.png

When entering the land through its main entrance in the spoke hub, you'll be entered into a western town, with hay rides and cowboys, and shops and restaurants. The first building, to the left, is Frontier Mercantile, a shop dedicated to merchandise themed around the land and its ongoing story. Going either through that shop, or going into the second building on the left, you'll be entered into the Tall Tale Inn & Cafe, a restaurant themed around a classic saloon. The final building to the left is Uncle Remus' Cabin, a store that will hold merchandise themed to the Briar Patch and attractions around the land.

On the right is the long Frontierland Shooting Arcade, where anyone of any age can attempt to shoot certain targets for points and prizes!

When going through the village, you'll notice at the end is a river, the Rivers of Frontiers. This river holds Uncle Willy Paddleboat, where guests can ride on a paddle boat around the river, and learn about the story of Samuel Allentown.

Please excuse this being a short post, I have been very busy with other stuff, you know, like life :p. I hope you enjoyed this, somewhat, thorough description, but don't worry. The next part will be the actual attractions, and will be better planned out. This was kind of just a filler.

spacemt354

Chili's
@MickeyMousketeer while the park isn't complete and I won't have time in the fall to complete the map - I would like to extend to you a sample rough map to get you started.

I used the template of WDW's Magic Kingdom as reading through your project I got the impression it followed a similar pattern, and using a completed park as a template is a great way to start using paint.NET if you're interested.

You can download the image below - load it into paint, and edit it yourself - now having the dimensions of paths/attraction sizes, etc, at your disposal!

List of Attractions
mickmousemap.JPG

1 - Main Street Station
2 - Main Street Vehicles
3 - Guest Services
4 - Fire Brigade No. 28
5 - The Life and Times of Uncle Walt
6 - Mickey Emporium
7 - Clarabelle's Cakery
8 - Mickey-Go-Round
9 - Dandie's
10 - Coffee Cafe: Presented by The Coffee Club
11 - Barnyard Bunches
12 - The Mouse Club Clothiers
13 - Winnie the Pooh's Honey House
14 - Penny Arcade
15 - Goofy's Toys
16 - Ink Portriats
17 - Face Painting/Caricatures
18 - Melbourne Disneyland Park Character Spot
19 - The Hub
20 - Pegasus Fly-Highs
21 - Hut of the Mystic River
22 - Little Forest Cafe
23 - Meet & Greet with Greece
24 - Majestic Apple Tree
25 - Quest For The Unicorn
26 - Tower of Dragondaar

MickeyMousketeer

Original Poster
@MickeyMousketeer while the park isn't complete and I won't have time in the fall to complete the map - I would like to extend to you a sample rough map to get you started.

I used the template of WDW's Magic Kingdom as reading through your project I got the impression it followed a similar pattern, and using a completed park as a template is a great way to start using paint.NET if you're interested.

You can download the image below - load it into paint, and edit it yourself - now having the dimensions of paths/attraction sizes, etc, at your disposal!

List of Attractions
mickmousemap.JPG

1 - Main Street Station
2 - Main Street Vehicles
3 - Guest Services
4 - Fire Brigade No. 28
5 - The Life and Times of Uncle Walt
6 - Mickey Emporium
7 - Clarabelle's Cakery
8 - Mickey-Go-Round
9 - Dandie's
10 - Coffee Cafe: Presented by The Coffee Club
11 - Barnyard Bunches
12 - The Mouse Club Clothiers
13 - Winnie the Pooh's Honey House
14 - Penny Arcade
15 - Goofy's Toys
16 - Ink Portriats
17 - Face Painting/Caricatures
18 - Melbourne Disneyland Park Character Spot
19 - The Hub
20 - Pegasus Fly-Highs
21 - Hut of the Mystic River
22 - Little Forest Cafe
23 - Meet & Greet with Greece
24 - Majestic Apple Tree
25 - Quest For The Unicorn
26 - Tower of Dragondaar
Thank you so much for this!! I will definitely try to edit the map as I go along.

MickeyMousketeer

Original Poster
latest

As of today, Melbourne Disneyland Resort is cancelled. I haven't had any incline in this project lately, and I am currently hosting the One Sentence Competition Season 4 Episode 4.

Due to life, I will only have time for the OSC, and nothing else. That does not mean that I will be gone forever after the competition, I do have a little idea in my head, but that will come later.

Thank you to everyone who supported me with this project, and thank you to @spacemt354 for starting the great map. I am going to take the map outlining tip and utilize that into my next project.

Thanks everyone, see you in the competition!!​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom