Meeting Famous People

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I really have never had the chance of meeting anyone really famous. I know some people who know some people who maybe, possibly but probably not have met anyone famous.

I hope to one day meet some movie stars and what not.

But for now, I want to hear your stories.

Who have you met and what was meeting them like?

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I did actually meet and got to hug Chonda Pierce, but I was so nervous and her stage crew was trying to get her out of there to where I really didn't have time to talk to her.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Back in the late 80s, one of my bosses had media contacts. There was a press event in the city one night, and he invited me to to go. The guest celebrity was Robert Urich (Spenser for Hire). He was a handsome guy. I waved at him, and he smiled back at me. I was star struck and froze - ha! That's my big celebrity story. :happy:

Goofyernmost

Back in the late 80s, one of my bosses had media contacts. There was a press event in the city one night, and he invited me to to go. The guest celebrity was Robert Urich (Spenser for Hire). He was a handsome guy. I waved at him, and he smiled back at me. I was star struck and froze - ha! That's my big celebrity story. :happy:
Oh, yea... well... Rin Tin Tin shook hands with me.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I met some d list to C-list celebrities. Sorry, no a-list celebrity.

The people I met were famous, but only to people in you follow stuff like NASCAR and Professional wrestling.

I met some people in NASCAR back in the 2000s.

My younger brother and met Kevin Harvick back in 2002. Kevin signed my younger brother's Chicagoland hat and he was very happy to sign that hat. The hat in question is from the original Chicagoland race that Kevin won at. Kevin did not have a long line at the time and it was raining at the Milwaukee Mile.

I also met 2 people from Fox's broadcast team for NASCAR races at the time and for some NASCAR shows. and they signed autographs. I am referring Larry Mcreynolds and Jeff Hammond. Those two were friendly to people that signed autographs.

Back in the 1990s, My younger brother and I met Professional Wrestling Legend the Undertaker and his Wrestling manager the late Paul Bearer at an Autograph signing. Paul Bearer was a slight celebrity compare to the Undertaker and he was out of character by the way he talked, but was friendly.

Undertaker on the other hand was in "Character" during the Autograph signing. Being in Character in professional wrestling is being how you are on tv as a way trying to make people think wrestling was "real" despite Professional wrestling is fake.

I was fan of Professional wrestling at the time. For those who want to know what Paul Bearer looked like: Here he was with he famous saying:

wdwfan4ver

I actually close seeing a-list celebrity. Earlier this decade, Mariah Carey was in Epcot at the same time I was. I forgot the year, but it was in late August/early September time frame. Maelstrom was running at the time.

I was not able to see her, but the people I was with saw her. What happened was my group was waiting for me and they notice Mariah Carey.

Mariah Carey and her enter entourage entered Norway Pavilion and she went to Akershus Royal Banquet for dinner. No one could interact with her due to her having a body guard with her.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Let's see...

When I was in Disneyland in 2017, we were in line for Soarin', and in the row in front of us was Adam Scott from Parks and Recreation. I had never watched an episode at the time, but my friend who was with me was a fan and was having a mild freak out session behind me. :joyfull:

That same trip (it was the celebrity sightings trip) I was in line for Snow White's Scary Adventures, and Scott Patterson from Gilmore Girls was there with his family in line behind me. I kept passing him as the line was winding around, and I could tell he knew I recognized him. But I didn't bother him. Guy deserved to be able to go to DL with his family without being bothered.

When I was in middle school, I was in WDW, and High School Musical was very big at the time. I was in line for Space Mountain, and a guy got on it, and I thought, "That dude has hair like Corbin Bleu". I got off the ride and sure enough...he was surrounded by a huge crowd of people. I was too nervous to go up to him, though.

And lastly, at DHS (because yes, all of these take place at Disney Parks) when I was very young, we saw the Baha Men, the group who asked, "Who Let the Dogs Out" doing a photo shoot in front of Rock 'n Roller Coaster.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

Ummm...jealous!!! Do you also remember him as Dan Tanna in the TV show Vegas?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Let’s see:

Jodie foster...Bette mittler...shaq...Mandy Moore...NPH...gloria Estefan...all briefly

All very nice people.

About half of the 2002 Boston Red Sox (wedding for one of them)

My favorite was a conversation with Edward James Olmos...before he became the coolest guy ever doing battlestar galactica...what a great story teller.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom