Meet the Robinsons should go in tomorrowland!

Would a Meet The Robinsons attraction excite you or at least help the parks?

• Total voters

DisneyBeatles

Original Poster
I was watching Meet the Robinsons the other day, and realized that there isn't a single thing in the parks that include the movie. I know that it wasn't the biggest hit at the box office and is already 5 yrs old, but for a Disney movie completely based on the future and hope to keep moving forward, I'm surprised they never did anything with it. They could get really creative and build some rides like fly the time machine (which maybe could take the space of the speedway :D) or something even cooler! Really anything from it could go in Tomorrowland or even in Future World (but I don't really think it would fit as well) my apologies if this has been discussed yrs ago

bethymouse

I actually kinda like Meet the Robinsons! I do think some sort of representation would be nice. Tomorrrowland needs something! I mean, Stitch is getting old, but I guess Monsters Inc. will be "revived" soon because of Monsters University coming out soon!:)

Chrononymous

It would be super to have reference to it in Tomorrowland (where it actually, you know...fits the theme)

But there are too many other Disney classics that are more well known that aslo don't have attractions.

I love this movie (mostly because I'm a time travel junkie) but I don't think there are enough other people who would get it.

wiigirl

I actually kinda like Meet the Robinsons! I do think some sort of representation would be nice. Tomorrrowland needs something! I mean, Stitch is getting old, but I guess Monsters Inc. will be "revived" soon because of Monsters University coming out soon!:)

Stitch is getting old....Meet the Robinsons looks like a logical (and perfect) addition...
75.gif

Britt

I LOVE Meet the Robinsons! Still one of my favorite movies (Trex....need I say more??). I think it would be great in Tomorrowland, actually, before our trip last year, I full expected there to be something about MtR there! Was a little surprised there wasn't!

DsnySodec

Id like to see reference to the movie Treasure Planet. Pirates are popular now and it wold fit into Tomorrow Land. This movie didnt do so hot either but I liked it none the less.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I LOVE Meet the Robinsons also, but unfortunately I don't think the movie made much money and was just a blip on Disney's radar.

For one, its not a merchandise machine the way the Pixar movies are...besides the frogs and the T-Rex (which himself wasn't that unique), the other characters aren't "cute" enough to sell stuff.

As for the concept art, I doubt its for Shanghai since they aren't getting a Space Mountain.

BiggerTigger

Being in the middle of adopting my son, this is one of his favorite movies, acceptance by a family. I am somewhat surprised that with adoption being connected with Disney, and specifically, Walt Disney and his daughter Sharon, that the company is not more "pro-adoption" as other companies.
But, yes, the keep moving forward (which is a commercial seen continously) campaign would work great in Future World, where they keep showcasing new and exciting inventions. A ride could be fun too. Like the concept art, would be interesting in seing more.

Cody5294

A Meet the Robinson's ride would need to be ground breaking for it to be popular. TDO would not invest on a ride based MTR because it wasn't really a success. Ask a kid today if theyve seen the movie or can even name one character from the movie. My guess is not likely

Patricia Melton

I really like this thread because I 100% agree that Meet the Robinsons would have been a great Tomorrowland attraction. I love the concept art posted above: flying cars will always be part of the "future" since we are never going to have flying cars in real life.

I can't stand the Go-Karts that Disney has in Tomorrowland but I would be singing the praises of an attraction with "Flying Cars" that kids could drive like the one in the concept art. That would be incredible...and very much a Tomorrowland feature.

Patricia Melton

A Meet the Robinson's ride would need to be ground breaking for it to be popular. TDO would not invest on a ride based MTR because it wasn't really a success. Ask a kid today if theyve seen the movie or can even name one character from the movie. My guess is not likely

I saw this movie once and I remember liking it, but I could not name a single character. I know there is a blonde boy with glasses and a dark haired boy who is the younger boy's son from the future. I know there is a T-Rex and a dastardly villain dressed in black and a whole family of inventors from the future and a city with flying cars.

To me, it was always the generic "Tomorrowland" family story that I think of when I hear the words "Tomorrowland"...and by this I mean it's a story with futuristic characters that look like they could be living in Disney's Tomorrowland the way that there are characters who live and work on Main Street and Buena Vista Street.

DizneyPryncess

LOVE Meet the Robinsons - an underrated Disney movie. I'd like to see it represented in the parks somewhere, but sadly I just don't think it has the draw for the average Disney guest.

I'd like to see it in Future World. I just think time travel would fit well there - it always strikes me as a futuristic kind of a thing. Tomorrowland always reminded me of a spaceport kind of thing. I'd be happy to see it anywhere though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom