Meet the Robinsons should go in tomorrowland!

Would a Meet The Robinsons attraction excite you or at least help the parks?

• Total voters

ellie-badge

I agree, Meet the Robinsons would be a great addition to Tomorrowland. Whether it was popular or not shouldn't effect whether the "attraction" will be good or not... if it's something people will like, it shouldn't matter what the theme is. It's extremely unlikely that any child (or most adults, for that matter) you meet on the street today could tell you what Mr. Toad's Wild Ride or Splash Mountain was themed to. It's the experience that matters.

Also, a lot of Walt Disney's films beyond Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs weren't as well-received as we probably think back in the day, and there are quite a few classic attractions based upon them in all of the Disney Parks... so I see no reason why there's no love for Meet the Robinsons!

dreamfinder

I agree, Meet the Robinsons would be a great addition to Tomorrowland. Whether it was popular or not shouldn't effect whether the "attraction" will be good or not... if it's something people will like, it shouldn't matter what the theme is. It's extremely unlikely that any child (or most adults, for that matter) you meet on the street today could tell you what Mr. Toad's Wild Ride or Splash Mountain was themed to. It's the experience that matters.

True. According to this link -> http://www.toptens.com/movies-disney-animated/, over half the most profitable Disney films ever have no real park presence.
1. Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs (1937)
Adjusted Gross: $782,620,000
Voices: Adriana Caselotti, Lucille La Verne
2. 101 Dalmatians (1961)
Adjusted Gross: $717,405,900
Voices: Rod Taylor, Cate Bauer
3. Fantasia (1941)
Adjusted Gross: $596,252,200
Voices: Deems Taylor, Walt Disney
4. The Lion King (1994)
Adjusted Gross: $554,524,300
Voices: Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Matthew Broderick
5. The Jungle Book (1967)
Adjusted Gross: $529,021,800
Voices: Bruce Reitherman, George Sanders
6. Sleeping Beauty (1959)
Adjusted Gross: $521,814,100
Voices: Mary Costa, Eleanor Audley
7. Pinocchio (1940)
Adjusted Gross: $483,955,900
Voices: Dickie Jones, Cliff Edwards
8. Bambi (1942)
Adjusted Gross: $457,455,400
Voices: Hardie Albright, Donnie Dunagan
9. Finding Nemo (2003 – Walt Disney Pictures/Pixar Animation Studios)
Adjusted Gross: $404,503,100
Voices: Albert Brooks, Alexander Gould
10. Lady and the Tramp (1955)
Adjusted Gross: $400,176,500
Voices: Barbara Luddy, Larry Roberts

101 Dalmatians, Fantasia, The Jungle Book, Bambi, and Lady and the Tramp all have token acknowledgements in park.

Mickey_777

I thought it was on okay movie. Thematically it'd fit perfectly in terms of a tomorrowland attraction but I'm not sure it's popular enough (or will sell enough merchandise ;) ) to merit something being built for it.

DisneyBeatles

Original Poster
Hey guys thanks for all of the responses! It really is a shame to have disney turn down this potentially wonderful opportunity, but I guess there is still hope that if they ever actually do remodel tomorrowland :rolleyes: or something, they can apply some concepts from the movie

tracyandalex

I too would love to see a Meet the Robinson's ride in Tomorrowland. I think that if the ride is good enough, the popularity of the movie it's based on doesn't really matter. As was pointed out most folks probably don't know the movie tie in for SM. It would be an awesome challenge for the imagineers to create a ride from a little known movie and make it very popular. Who knows perhaps if the ride is really good as well as the gift shop you get dumped into afterwards it could raise the movie's popularity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom