Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

WDWDarling

Finally caught up! A lot sure does happen when you drop off the forums for months on end (Disney depression is reallll). I know it’s quickly approaching the year mark but congrats on your engagement, move, and new job! You are livin the dream girl!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Finally caught up! A lot sure does happen when you drop off the forums for months on end (Disney depression is reallll). I know it’s quickly approaching the year mark but congrats on your engagement, move, and new job! You are livin the dream girl!

Aww thank you! :) I live a pretty great life!

prfctlyximprct

All caught up!! All these food pictures are inspiring me to get of bed and go make some breakfast :)

Love love love the part with your niece and nephew! Your niece is super adorable and I can see a future Disney obsession in her future! She’s so lucky to have you as an aunt! Love that she snagged the Frozen Ears! And your nephew blowing kisses, I am melting! I can’t wait to have my own babies one day and experience Disney through their eyes! It’s so magical to see kids lighting up at all the magic!

You are seriously like the mayor of the forums with all your meetups! Loving how these forums bring us all together! We totally need a pin, or a shirt, or a special set of ears ;)

Thanks for sharing your magical life! I told joe one day we will own real estate in Florida so we can travel down to Disney whenever we please! We just opened a joint bank account so maybe that time will be sooner than he expected. MUHAHAHA

blreinsel

Original Poster
All caught up!! All these food pictures are inspiring me to get of bed and go make some breakfast :)

Love love love the part with your niece and nephew! Your niece is super adorable and I can see a future Disney obsession in her future! She’s so lucky to have you as an aunt! Love that she snagged the Frozen Ears! And your nephew blowing kisses, I am melting! I can’t wait to have my own babies one day and experience Disney through their eyes! It’s so magical to see kids lighting up at all the magic!

You are seriously like the mayor of the forums with all your meetups! Loving how these forums bring us all together! We totally need a pin, or a shirt, or a special set of ears ;)

Thanks for sharing your magical life! I told joe one day we will own real estate in Florida so we can travel down to Disney whenever we please! We just opened a joint bank account so maybe that time will be sooner than he expected. MUHAHAHA

Disney with my niece and nephew was probably my favorite Disney trip aside from Dylan and I'l first trip. ;) It really was such a different experience, seeing everything through their eyes. I'm already plotting how to get my sister-in-law to let me steal her for a girls only trip. :inlove: I've been trying to create another Disney monst... *ahem,* fan since she was an infant. :angelic:

It's been what, like a week since you got a new pair of ears? I think Magic ears are a necessity. :p I love getting to meet so many great people! The Mouse is a powerful man. :joyfull:

I fully support your purchase of FL real estate, whether Joe is informed of the purchase or not. We can call it the Florida project, part 2. ;)

Songbird76

Do you have Primark in Orlando? We just went to Eindhoven yesterday, and there's a Primark and we got a ton of cute Disney stuff, but the one I think you'd really like:
31113413_10156074176651830_5445016944954572800_n.jpg

They also have coin purses, jewelry, and home decor. DD also has a shirt that says "The one who will break the spell" and has a rose on it, that she also got at Primark, but she's had it for almost a year now. I don't think you can order from their website...at least you can't here, but I don't know in the US. We also got a Stitch outfit, and Minnie/Mickey. And a ton of Harry Potter stuff, but I thought you'd be most interested in the Beauty and the Beast stuff.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Do you have Primark in Orlando? We just went to Eindhoven yesterday, and there's a Primark and we got a ton of cute Disney stuff, but the one I think you'd really like:
View attachment 279502

They also have coin purses, jewelry, and home decor. DD also has a shirt that says "The one who will break the spell" and has a rose on it, that she also got at Primark, but she's had it for almost a year now. I don't think you can order from their website...at least you can't here, but I don't know in the US. We also got a Stitch outfit, and Minnie/Mickey. And a ton of Harry Potter stuff, but I thought you'd be most interested in the Beauty and the Beast stuff.

LOVE those shorts! :inlove: I've tried to find a Primark before but from what I've found, there isn't a single one in all of Florida. :(

Songbird76

LOVE those shorts! :inlove: I've tried to find a Primark before but from what I've found, there isn't a single one in all of Florida. :(
Oh my gosh, that's so sad and I can't "like" it!! I'd offer to pick some up for you next time I'm at a Primark, but you never know how sizes will translate, if it runs large or small! I could try if you'd like. I saw them and immediately thought of you. Is there maybe a Primark where one of your friends or family live that you could ask them to look for you?

kaitertot5249

I always see cute Disney things from Primark on Instagram but every time I go to the ones near me there is very limited Disney inventory. I wonder if the US locations have a different agreement with Disney. Even looking online the European site has a much wider variety of Disney apparel. I was so disappointed the first time I went to the massive Primark in Boston on the hunt for cheap Disney clothes and found NOTHING.

blreinsel

Original Poster
I always see cute Disney things from Primark on Instagram but every time I go to the ones near me there is very limited Disney inventory. I wonder if the US locations have a different agreement with Disney. Even looking online the European site has a much wider variety of Disney apparel. I was so disappointed the first time I went to the massive Primark in Boston on the hunt for cheap Disney clothes and found NOTHING.

Looks like we aren't meant to shop at Primark @Songbird76 :( I've been having no trouble at all finding cute Disney shirts on the Jane app though so my wallet isn't feeling neglected. ;)

Songbird76

Looks like we aren't meant to shop at Primark @Songbird76 :( I've been having no trouble at all finding cute Disney shirts on the Jane app though so my wallet isn't feeling neglected. ;)
Well, as long as you have a source, I suppose that's all that matters. But now I really do wonder if it's different in the US than it is here!! So strange!!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Well, I'm behind again. What else is new. :rolleyes::angelic: BUT I wanted to hop on to share some exciting news that only you people will truly appreciate!

Dylan and I have been discussing starting a tradition of celebrating our anniversary by spending the day/night in a deluxe resort. For this year, that'll be our engagement anniversary. From next year on, it'll be our wedding anniversary. :inlove: Well, next year is an exception because we'll be kind of busy ya know, getting married. :p But we'll have a honeymoon to serve as our celebration for 2019! Anyway, I called Disney today with the intent of booking Poly with Dylan's CM discount. However, the best they could do was $627 in the honeymoon suite. :oops: Sure, book that one! - said no teacher ever. I asked that she keep searching and the next option was $390 at Wilderness Lodge. Hmm, maybe.

CM- "Let me check the Boardwalk area resorts."
Me- "Okay!" *Maybe if I call back next week something better will be available at the Poly.*
CM- "Uh, here's one at Yacht Club for $200. You want it?"
Me- :eek: "YES! Book it!"

I'm still in disbelief, but I'm SO EXCITED!!! I also booked dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse for that night, since we'll already be in the neighborhood. ;) I'm hoping for early check in so we have lots of time to hangout at the AMAZING pool for the afternoon before getting cleaned up for dinner. The other plus side to staying at Yacht Club? TINK CAN COME! :D:D:D I plan on requesting a late check out the next day as well. We're gonna get our money's worth ya'll. :joyfull:

So, Poly will have to wait for another year. I'm quite alright with Yacht Club being my first deluxe resort stay! :inlove:

krisri18

Well, I'm behind again. What else is new. :rolleyes::angelic: BUT I wanted to hop on to share some exciting news that only you people will truly appreciate!

Dylan and I have been discussing starting a tradition of celebrating our anniversary by spending the day/night in a deluxe resort. For this year, that'll be our engagement anniversary. From next year on, it'll be our wedding anniversary. :inlove: Well, next year is an exception because we'll be kind of busy ya know, getting married. :p But we'll have a honeymoon to serve as our celebration for 2019! Anyway, I called Disney today with the intent of booking Poly with Dylan's CM discount. However, the best they could do was $627 in the honeymoon suite. :oops: Sure, book that one! - said no teacher ever. I asked that she keep searching and the next option was $390 at Wilderness Lodge. Hmm, maybe.

Me- "Okay!" *Maybe if I call back next week something better will be available at the Poly.*
Me-:eek: "YES! Book it!"

I'm still in disbelief, but I'm SO EXCITED!!! I also booked dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse for that night, since we'll already be in the neighborhood. ;) I'm hoping for early check in so we have lots of time to hangout at the AMAZING pool for the afternoon before getting cleaned up for dinner. The other plus side to staying at Yacht Club? TINK CAN COME! :D:D:D I plan on requesting a late check out the next day as well. We're gonna get our money's worth ya'll. :joyfull:

So, Poly will have to wait for another year. I'm quite alright with Yacht Club being my first deluxe resort stay! :inlove:
Sounds like a perfect plan to me! I loved Yacht Club the one trip I stayed there (splitting room cost 3 ways made it far less scary), enjoy every moment!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sounds like a perfect plan to me! I loved Yacht Club the one trip I stayed there (splitting room cost 3 ways made it far less scary), enjoy every moment!

We most certainly will! I can finally enjoy pre-feelings again! :joyfull:

I love Yacht Club!! I wish I could go to Disney for all of my anniversaries :hilarious: I'm not jealous!!

Your day will come! Keep working on Daniel. :p

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Me-:eek: "YES! Book it!"
DAng!!!! Can I use Golf Gurus CM discount? (jk), lol. At that price you might as well get 2 nights. Glad you can bring Tink. Great choice on going w/ Yachtsmen. We love it.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Ooooo! I love your anniversary celebration idea! Yacht Club is on my wish list for a future visit. Sounds fantastic to me!
Oh!! That is such a wonderful tradition!!! Yacht Club is a nice start!

We're so excited! It's coming up quick! :joyfull:

DAng!!!! Can I use Golf Gurus CM discount? (jk), lol. At that price you might as well get 2 nights. Glad you can bring Tink. Great choice on going w/ Yachtsmen. We love it.

Lol! Don't pressure me into the vacation creep. :p Super excited to try Yachtsman... gonna need to starve ourselves all day so we can really enjoy it lol.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, April 7

Alright.. trying to get caught up on this report so @wishes2013 gets off my case. :p There will be lots of summer adventures to share so I need to get up to date. Here we go!

We were finally allowed back into the parks after a LONNNNNNG 2 weeks of being blocked out for spring break. We started with a FP+ for Jungle Cruise.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61e1.jpg

I grabbed some chicken nuggets from the stand between Adventureland and Frontierland and we sat at a table, counting the many groups kids on band trips. It made for a pretty busy MK.

Our next FP+ was for Pirates, but our ride picture didn't show up. No big loss there. :rolleyes:

We made our way toward Tomorrowland for a sweet treat from Auntie Gravity's.. I stand by my previous comment that this is where to find the best ice cream in MK. :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61e2.jpg

We sat on a ledge to enjoy our treats and watched as the People Mover was evacuated. One of our many Disney bucket list items is to be evacuated off of a ride, so we were a tad jealous. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61e3.jpg

Our next stop was the real reason we came to MK today...
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61e4.jpg

Just your basic Disney millennials. :cool: Now I need another picture while drinking one of the milkshakes from Tomorrowland Terrace. :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61e5.jpg

We LOVE the new purple wall, however it's still unfinished. Not sure what Disney's plan for the final product is, but it's surprising to me that they've just left it half done. :cautious:

I believe we rode Small World in the standby line and only had a short wait.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61e6.jpg

Next up was FP+ for Peter Pan's Flight!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61e7.jpg

We were feeling a little wild after our trip to Neverland so opted for a ride through the wilderness. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61e8.jpg

We headed out of the park at that point and made a pit stop at the Poly for some dinner. :hungry: This might be my favorite Disney meal.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61e9.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom