Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

SSH

Welcome to Fla and congrats - you're now an easy drive away from all the amazing theme parks, the 3rd largest reef system in the whole world, cruise ports (DCL maybe?) and an unbelievable number of fun things to do on any given weekend. :cool::cool::cool:

Other than the worst of the humidity during summer months, it's really pretty great here. (Just make sure you keep the number of a good AC repair guy handy at all times... that's the one connection you don't want to be without.) :D

blreinsel

Original Poster
So excited for this!! My daily dose of Disney!

I wish I could find my way into the World every day! Lol. I'll do my best.. it's a tough job, but somebody has to do it. :p

Yay!!!! I'm excited for this!

BTW... i'll be at WDW with my hubby for the weekend 8/18-8/20. :) If I happen to see you around i'll say hello!

Yay! Please do! I'm sure most of my weekends will include at least a little bit of time at WDW! :)

View attachment 217836

Be careful what you say out loud.......

Max

Bite your tongue Max!!!!! :arghh: That would be my luck... lol

Following along for the ride(s)!

Welcome! :D

WOO!! Me too!! I swear time is passing sooooooo slowly lately! It's making me crazy.

I KNOW! I'm sure it's even worse for you! :oops:

Yay! Let the never-ending TR begin!!

It has already begun! :p

Yay! Maybe an after school trip can be a part of this one day...:D

YES!!!!! Many after school trips, I'm sure. :p

So jealous!! I did make the move from PA to the South 5 years ago...except I stopped at Georgia!! :banghead:

You're only a hop, skip, and a jump away! Pack that U-Haul and come on down! ;)

Just finished reading your engagement vacation report. What an exciting start to your life together! I'm looking forward to following your adventures as Disney World locals!

The best start, in my opinion. :joyfull: Glad to have you here!

Welcome to Fla and congrats - you're now an easy drive away from all the amazing theme parks, the 3rd largest reef system in the whole world, cruise ports (DCL maybe?) and an unbelievable number of fun things to do on any given weekend. :cool::cool::cool:

Other than the worst of the humidity during summer months, it's really pretty great here. (Just make sure you keep the number of a good AC repair guy handy at all times... that's the one connection you don't want to be without.) :D

Thank you! :) We're absolutely loving Florida life so far. Our AC has already acted up once, but fortunately it was fixed pretty quickly. It was not pleasant! Lol.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Thursday, July 13

*Word heavy post- they won't all be like this. ;)

When I was in high school, my best friends were guys. One of those guys (Adam) got married on July 1 to a beautiful and wonderful gal named Kaitlin. Leading up to their wedding, we double dated with them a few times and really loved spending time together! It was one of the things we were sad about leaving behind in PA. :( However, Adam and Kaitlin are smart people and chose Disney as their honeymoon destination. :p We had plans to see them on Friday, but Kaitlin texted me Thursday afternoon and said, "You guys should come to Epcot!" You don't have to tell me twice. :D

I had purchased our annual passes online the day before, so all we had to do was show up at the ticket counter and show proof of residency to get them in our hands. I called after I purchased them to verify that I could bring a copy of our renter's insurance as proof of residency, to which I was told "yes, you can."

You cannot use renter's insurance as proof of residency. :cautious: Fortunately, I had also brought a copy of our utility bill as backup and that was accepted. A lease also does not work, which makes absolutely zero sense to me, but I digress.

We soon had these babies in our hands and were off to start our very first adventure as passholders! :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53f6.jpg

We both have the Florida Gold pass, which allows us unlimited access to the parks (except for Christmas and Spring Break blackout dates), parking, and PhotoPass. The dates we can't enter are during the craziest parts of the year, and I really don't want to deal with that anyway. ;)

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53f7.jpg

We met Adam and Kaitlin at Soarin', as they had just finished their ride and we had a FP+ for it. :) They waited outside while we rode, but unfortunately our FP+ was not very fast. :cautious: We sat on the far right seats on the far right glider and ALL of the images were distorted. It was very distracting. When we rode in the middle glider in June, the only image that was distorted was the Eiffel tower. I still think the new Soarin' is awesome, but I'm glad that wasn't my first impression of it.

We finally exited the ride and then had to decide what to do next. Kaitlin said the only things they hadn't done so far were Figment and the WS. Figment was of course a walk on, so we quickly rode that before heading to explore some countries!

The temperature was perfect and the crowds were surprisingly low. Adam and Kaitlin said that they rode most every ride with 10 minute or less wait times all day long.

We slowly made our way around WS and tried to decide on somewhere to grab some dinner. We ended up in America at Liberty Inn, a new restaurant for all of us!

I had the Grilled Chicken with Bacon and Avocado Sandwich and Dylan had the BBQ Pork Sandwich. It was a surprisingly yummy meal! I loved my sandwich and would definitely eat here again. With all of the great places to eat in the WS, I think this place probably gets largely overlooked as "boring American food."
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53f8.jpg

Look @Tuvalu, purse apples! :p They didn't actually make it into my bag, but rather directly into Dylan's stomach. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53f9.jpg

We sat at our table and chatted for awhile before eventually continuing our walk around the Showcase. We ended up in France and found a perfect little table to sit at right by the water (and the crepe stand :p).
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53fb.jpg

I also ended up with a Grand Marnier Orange Slush. :hungry:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53fa.jpg

We sat at our table chatting and enjoying the evening for quite some time. Eventually, the announcements for Illuminations started and as it turns out, we had a perfect view! Evenings like this are exactly what I got most excited for when thinking about becoming a passholder. There was no rushing around and no stress. I was just happy to be in my favorite place with some of my favorite people. :)

After Illuminations ended we finished the walk around WS and made our way toward the exit. A quick picture and hugs were in order before we parted ways. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53fd.jpg

We had the most perfect first trip as passholders that I could have ever asked for! I was reminded of just how lucky I am to have the opportunities that have been presented to me in the last couple of months. One adventure in the books, many more to come. :joyfull:

amjt660

Premium Member
Great start to your AP adventures

It would be interesting to track all of your "disposable income" spending in Florida

By this I mean take out rent, insurance, phone, internet, etc and just track the rest as either Disney vs Non Disney

I wonder which category would win??? ;)

Note: Before the economists attack I realize that the true definition of disposable is earning after taxes only are deducted. I actually may be referring to discretional income which also removes other necessities )

Max

blreinsel

Original Poster
Great start to your AP adventures

It would be interesting to track all of your "disposable income" spending in Florida

By this I mean take out rent, insurance, phone, internet, etc and just track the rest as either Disney vs Non Disney

I wonder which category would win??? ;)

Note: Before the economists attack I realize that the true definition of disposable is earning after taxes only are deducted. I actually may be referring to discretional income which also removes other necessities )

Max

Lol! I don't think I even need to track my spending to know which category would win. :p

I want spur of the moment World Showcase Adventures :cry: Sounds like you had a great first AP experience!

It was perfect! Looking forward to many more. :)

Doc Disney

We sat on the far right seats on the far right glider and ALL of the images were distorted. It was very distracting. When we rode in the middle glider in June, the only image that was distorted was the Eiffel tower.

This happened to me this past trip too! I was like thinking thank goodness this is not my first time on the ride! EVERYTHING looked so distorted !

blreinsel

Original Poster
Congrats on all of your exciting new adventures!

Thank you! :D

This happened to me this past trip too! I was like thinking thank goodness this is not my first time on the ride! EVERYTHING looked so distorted !

PS can't wait to meet up with you now that you are so close!

Right!? I feel bad for people who only have one experience on it and end up with bad seats. :(

I can't wait either!!! Hopefully when you're down here in a few weeks! What are your dates?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom