Trip Report Meet the Floridians

Hello humans! :joyfull:

Most of you know me by now, but for those of you who haven't followed my past TR's (particularly my most recent), I'll do some brief introductions. :) Feel free to check out my past reports (in my signature) if you'd like!

Who: I'm Brittany! I'm 25 and completely Disney obsessed. My better half is Dylan, also 25 and not quite as Disney obsessed. :rolleyes: Prior to meeting me, he had never been to WDW! :eek: It was obviously top priority to remedy that. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5393.jpg

This is our baby, Tink. She also loves Disney. :rolleyes:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53e7.jpg

We got engaged in Magic Kingdom in June.. my dream come true! :inlove: Though our wedding won't take place in Disney, it will be Disney themed. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5397.jpg

While we were enjoying our time in the World, I accepted a 1st grade teaching position in Osceola County, Florida. Fast forward a month, and we packed up a U-Haul to relocate from Pennsylvania to the Sunshine State! :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_53ec.jpg

We currently live 20 minutes from Disney property, and one of our first purchases should come as no surprise. ;) This report will be a collection of our adventures as annual passholders, and I'll update it with a Table of Contents as we go. Now, without further ado...

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! :joyfull:

LisaBelle

What a great way to use up that gift card! ;) @wishes2013 and I wore our Pascal hats to our end of the year work day and they were a hit. :joyfull: We had trainings on Wednesday & Thursday and have several more coming up this week, so it feels like we've already started back. Our first "official" day back is Aug. 3 and the kids start Aug. 13. I'm not ready. :cry: Work will really cut into my Disney days! Lol.

I hope she does DCP, too! You can totally hangout with @wishes2013 and I. ;)
You gals have a lot of days at school before the kids start! We are all mad because our custodian isn’t going to let the teachers in our building to work in our classrooms until August 9 :jawdrop:! That only leaves 2 days to work in our rooms before our PD and meeting days where we usually have zero hours to do what we need/want to do! Of course this is on top of the fact that most of us had to move classrooms and didn’t get everything put away in our new rooms before they kicked us out of the building to clean! We are hoping we can get in sooner.
Hope you and @wishes2013 have a great school year!
I will happily hang out with you and @wishes2013 if (when 🤞🏻) I become an AP holder!

blreinsel

Original Poster
You gals have a lot of days at school before the kids start! We are all mad because our custodian isn’t going to let the teachers in our building to work in our classrooms until August 9 :jawdrop:! That only leaves 2 days to work in our rooms before our PD and meeting days where we usually have zero hours to do what we need/want to do! Of course this is on top of the fact that most of us had to move classrooms and didn’t get everything put away in our new rooms before they kicked us out of the building to clean! We are hoping we can get in sooner.
Hope you and @wishes2013 have a great school year!
I will happily hang out with you and @wishes2013 if (when 🤞🏻) I become an AP holder!

Only one of those days is a full “work in your room” day. 🙄 All of the others will be training until at least 11:30. I got a lot done/organized on our end of the year workday, but everything had to be taken off our walls and off our bookshelves so that alone will take some time to take care of.

I hope you have a great year, too! Welcome to the wonderful world of 1st grade. 😉

LisaBelle

Only one of those days is a full “work in your room” day. 🙄 All of the others will be training until at least 11:30. I got a lot done/organized on our end of the year workday, but everything had to be taken off our walls and off our bookshelves so that alone will take some time to take care of.

I hope you have a great year, too! Welcome to the wonderful world of 1st grade. 😉
Thanks!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Gosh a whole year! - that’s gone quick - but it also proves that you have to grab every second and you’ve certainly done that. You really have been living the dream - one I can only dream of so it’s been great following along. :)

You are so right! Happy that you were part of this first exciting year and hope you’re able to make an appearance in my next report. 😉

Megbutnotmegan

Thanks for sharing your year of living the dream with us!! I really feel like we need a teacher thread somewhere because i would love to see everyone’s classroom set ups! Being in CT I feel like my summer has just begun and you all are already going back.

Goofnut1980

Lol! I used to dress him but he has slowly started doing it on his own. Proof of a successful conversion to the Disney side. ;)

I saw a guy yesterday at a department store and his shirt said: I work to support my Wife's Disney addiction.
I walked over and said, but you put the shirt on and I bet she didn't make you, and he started to laugh. He knew I was onto him. She had nothing on that said Disney on it, but he sure did! They never want to admit they like the Mouse!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing your year of living the dream with us!! I really feel like we need a teacher thread somewhere because i would love to see everyone’s classroom set ups! Being in CT I feel like my summer has just begun and you all are already going back.

Ha! That would be a fun thread! :) I'll share some pictures of my room in my new thread if I can remember to take them this week!

How many WDWMagic members did you meet up with this year? Do you have a list? And besides @wishes2013, who was your favorite??

Although, I think that I already know... :happy:

At least 9! I think that covers everybody. :) Our meet was definitely one of my faves... I mean how can you possibly beat a meet up on a fireworks cruise!? I love this picture!

PS... Let me know when you're ready to do the Happily Ever After cruise. :p

I saw a guy yesterday at a department store and his shirt said: I work to support my Wife's Disney addiction.
I walked over and said, but you put the shirt on and I bet she didn't make you, and he started to laugh. He knew I was onto him. She had nothing on that said Disney on it, but he sure did! They never want to admit they like the Mouse!

Lol! You are so right! Dylan has slowly started to admit his love of Disney, though he still has a ways to go to reach my level of "extra." :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom