Meet Moana?

Four Adults and a Baby

Original Poster
Hi friends - My two-year old loves Moana and Maui, and I am having trouble finding out if they are available to meet next week. She doesn't seem to be listed at the Princess Hall in Magic Kingdom or at her former/temporary home at One Man's Dream, nor does she seem to be at any character meal. Am I missing something? My little girl thanks you!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
While not 'in person', Moana has a prominent place in the fireworks show at the MK. Make sure you stake out a place close to the castle (middle of hub or closer) to appreciate Moana's turn to shine.

Was Moana not a popular meet & greet character? I’m trying to wrap my head around why she didn’t last long as a meet & greet because she is a HUGE fav in our family. It’s not like Moana didn’t generate a ton of $ for Disney. In fact, Moana grossed more than Big Hero 6 but we we have Baymax instead of her. Moana also outperformed Brave but we have Merida and no Moana. Same could be said of Rapunzel in Tangled. I’m not saying these characters shouldn’t be there. Just curious about the reasoning. What gives? Anyone?

Cmdr_Crimson

Was Moana not a popular meet & greet character? I’m trying to wrap my head around why she didn’t last long as a meet & greet because she is a HUGE fav in our family. It’s not like Moana didn’t generate a ton of $ for Disney. In fact, Moana grossed more than Big Hero 6 but we we have Baymax instead of her. Moana also outperformed Brave but we have Merida and no Moana. Same could be said of Rapunzel in Tangled. I’m not saying these characters shouldn’t be there. Just curious about the reasoning. What gives? Anyone?

I think it was also due to being in such an odd spot...She did her M&G's only in DHS at One Man's Dream where Starlord is now..

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
M&Gs that are contemporaneous with a movie release are usually paid by the movie studio as a form of advertisement. When that budget dries up, then it's up to the parks to decide to continue or bring back that character.

Since there haven't been audition calls for Moana since her temporary M&G was over, then there definitely won't be any Moana M&G for at least the next several months further.

She indeed would be popular. Every time she appears in HEA, the crowd whoops and hollers and sings along with her trademark song.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
They really missed the canoe on this one. I love Moana, but wasn't going to spend half of my MNSSHP time waiting in line.

Since there haven't been audition calls for Moana since her temporary M&G was over, then there definitely won't be any Moana M&G for at least the next several months further.

She indeed would be popular.
Although it sounds like this won’t happen any time real soon, I’ll keep hoping (for my 3 daughters) that one of the parks will see that there’s a demand to meet her in the near future. She’d be an excellent fit in several places I think. I don’t know as much as some of you on the logistics of when to add a meet&Greet vs. replace a meet&greet but I’d hope she could be added to one of the parks without taking away from others. I know the meet&greets don’t suck a ton of people from attraction lines but they do have at least a minimal impact.

DiSnEyF@n

I’m reading this thread bc I too have been inquiring about where my girls (who watch Moana like 5 times a week) can meet her and I am saddened by the news that they will not be able to meet her. We’re not going until August this year... maybe things might change by then. I was hoping that maybe we could meet her at the Polynesian hotel during a breakfast or something.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I’m reading this thread bc I too have been inquiring about where my girls (who watch Moana like 5 times a week) can meet her and I am saddened by the news that they will not be able to meet her. We’re not going until August this year... maybe things might change by then. I was hoping that maybe we could meet her at the Polynesian hotel during a breakfast or something.

If you're there in August, there's a chance she'll be M&Ging at the MK's Halloween party (a separate upcharge).

Club Cooloholic

I don't know how this hasn't happened yet. But it would seem to me that she could work perfectly for the Ohana breakfast. No reason you could not have her and Maui mix it up with Lilo and Stich. In fact how would that not instantly become one of the toughest ressies?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom