Maybe someone can help me :)

mguimond1990

Original Poster
So heres the deal..i have realized that i am horrible at decision making. I booked a 5 night Carnival Liberty cruise in september. I have never been on a cruise before and have heard great things about the liberty..the thing is, I am a HUGE (gigantic) disney fan and am really kicking myself in the butt for not going with DCL. Ive sort of priced checked both and the DCL Sept 21-25 4 night cruise on the dream is only about $150 more per person (theres 2 of us)..heres my problem. I booked Early Saver so I know theres no refund on my $400 deposit. Im ok with that because we can use that (well minus the $50 fee) for a future cruise. My other half would eventually like to go see the mayan temples so we could always go on carnival in the future. I just REALLY would like DCL to be my first cruise experience. Ok so finally my question, Theres a "cancel my cruise" button on the carnival website. When I click it it says the penalty to cancel this cruise is $400. If I cancel on the website does it automatically take out the $50 charge per person and give me a credit or is that something only making a phone call can take care of? Anybody know :)

ChuckElias

I guess it depends on how much it matters to you that your first cruise experience be with Disney. Normally, I would suggest keeping your Carnival reservation because changing it will cost you money. Your DCL will almost certainly be better than a Carnival experience (with the possible exception of your steak dinners), so you may also want to consider whether you'll be disappointed by a lower level of service on Carnival, if you sail Disney first.

Ultimately, you can't go wrong by adding a DCL cruise to your plans. It just depends on whether you want to cough up the $50 for changing the Carnival reservation and whether you're going to be disappointed in a Carnival experience if you have to compare it to a previous Disney experience.

Just my opinion.

mguimond1990

Original Poster
Did I?! That's too funny, well it already sounds like it will be a fantastic cruise! Between these boards and cruise critic I will just be overwhelmed with knowledge :)

ChuckElias

No ideal but I vote go DCL, it's awesome for anyone and for you as a Disney fan it will be magical...Do It! Do it!

When you hear this you might just get teary eyed.....

There hasn't been a lot of traffic on the board lately, so I was browsing old threads and came across this video.

I WAS ON THIS CRUISE!!!

But I have no recollection of the horn battle and didn't see the fireworks. We got back from our excursion so late (9:20 pm local time), that we went straight to dinner in Parrot Cay and didn't see anything as we left port. Bummer!

Ralphlaw

DCL is more expensive, but worth it, especially for HUGE Disney fans. And given the ubiquitous food choices, we're huger by the end of the trip. With that, I would tend to agree that you should try Carnival first. It's cheaper. If you're prone to seasickness, you didnt waste as much money. Plus. If economics shows that you could cruise again, you'll appreciate DCL more by comparison.

Our first cruise was Norwegian. Since then, 9 DCL cruises. The contrast enhances the magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom